Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

don not worry

i renewed my passport many times before i was even granted asylum,

i was granted asylum by the board of immigration appeal, they ruled that renewal national passport does not undermine the credebility of the asylee,

my case is a living proof that renewal of NP is not a problem

John, see you private messages (PM)

hi john,

so, i should show io my renew passport and 3 expired travel documents, right?
Will you going to have an attorney with you for the interview?

i do not need a lawyer, i was granted asylum by the court, i will have the court decision with me,

if the officer gave me hard time about the renewal of my np,
i will show him the court decision regarding this matter

you need to be honest with your officer, show them everything

there is nothing to fear

GC not back dated

Hi guys,
I just noticed after reading most posts here that my GC was not backdated. I got my granted from the IJ on 2/04/02, filed for 485 in July 2003, and got my GC in the mail with date 3/23/05, same year I received it. Shouldnt it have read 3/23/04? Meaning, I am over due to file?

HELP!

You should ask BCIS to correct it. File form I90, and you do not need to pay the filing fee, because it's BCIS's error. Check "Administrative error" as the reason for your filing.

By honoring the wrong date on your GC for naturalization purpose, you can file about 5 months. I would not make it more complecated by trying to correct it and will wait another 5 months or so. It might take longer to correct it and delay the naturalization even more.To order to correct your current GC, you have to send it to USCIS and you will not have it available to apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
wont you make an infopass in your DO and explain your situation and lets see what their supervisor(not regular officer) says cuz eventually your n400 will come up to them.

You should ask BCIS to correct it. File form I90, and you do not need to pay the filing fee, because it's BCIS's error. Check "Administrative error" as the reason for your filing.

By honoring the wrong date on your GC for naturalization purpose, you can file about 5 months. I would not make it more complecated by trying to correct it and will wait another 5 months or so. It might take longer to correct it and delay the naturalization even more.To order to correct your current GC, you have to send it to USCIS and you will not have it available to apply.

Thanks for your replies, so, with the 3/23/04 that it should have been, I am qualified to file NOW! Right? So, can I just file now and leave a note in the application about their 'Administrative Error'? Will that work? I really want to get this naturalization process started and over with.....

Your advise would be appreciated.....what would work best in this situation, if filing form 190 will take longer?

Thanks for your replies, so, with the 3/23/04 that it should have been, I am qualified to file NOW! Right? So, can I just file now and leave a note in the application about their 'Administrative Error'? Will that work? I really want to get this naturalization process started and over with.....

Your advise would be appreciated.....what would work best in this situation, if filing form 190 will take longer?

Schedule an InfoPass first. This is the best route.

Oath Scheduled

I'm very excited. I get the notice that my oath ceremony is scheduled on 8/28/09.

Yeah ! :D:D:D

Hi all

My problem I think is bigger than all of you guys I entered the US on July of 1999 and lost my passport after couple weeks after arriving, I was granted asylum on December of the same year I had my asylum interview without my passport and it was OK back then, I went back to COP for 87 days (reentry permit) at the end of 2008 to visit an ageing and sick mother I got my citizenship interview Scheduled for September of 2009 any advice on how to explain not having that passport with me and I don’t have any police report after losing that passport and the visit to the COP ? Or at least words of encouragement (lo)
Thank you

Tell them exactly what prompted to visit COP and what document you used to enter COP. Good luck!!!

any advice on how to explain not having that passport with me and I don’t have any police report after losing that passport and the visit to the COP ?

Schedule an InfoPass first. This is the best route.

Thanks again.
I went to the immigration office with my questions and the man told me to wait till December this year when I qualify for citizenship anyway (based on the 90 days rule)....he pulled up info on his system and said he thinks its OK. but I got asylum thru an IJ in 2002, applied for PR in 2003, and somehow, does it take so long to get a GC?

Hi to you all

Today I would like to post my citizenship interview experience which it was today, but before I get to the interview itself let me say I got my green card based on asylum on February of 2004 and before I applied for the citizenship I went back to my COP one time for 59 days three years after I got my permanent resident so I had mix feelings interning the interview , I had my appointment at 9:00 AM at Newark immigration office I arrived there very early around 8:00 AM and I was so nervous thinking about the interview and my trip back to the COP any how I parked in nearby parking lot and I walked to the building the security grad told me I can’t go in it was early for my interview time and she told me I can’t go in the building having my cell phone on me either, so having all them mix feelings and being too early made me feel worse than what it was so I went to a coffee shop nearby and I thought having some caffeine will make me feel better ,at 8:47 AM I walked back to the building after I put my cell phone in the car and this time they let me in I went up stairs as I was told and handed my interview notice to the lady in the front disk , I was more nervous than ever watching TV at the waiting area helped me a bit but each time they call someone it made me wonder when they will call me? They called like 15 to 20 people before me I was thinking about my visit to the COP it was killing me the more I waited the worse it got, at 11:43 my name was called by the IO he asked me how I was doing I said not too good very nervous he then said everyone be nervous in such a day so we walked into his office he asked me to remain standing and my right hand raced up he ask me to swear that I will tell the truth and nothing but the truth so he asked about my green card and passport I didn’t have but a Re-entry Permit(it has the visa for my COP on it) beside the green card so he took both of them and made copies and then he came back to the room I was thinking about all the stories I did read online about other people experience such as mine visiting the COP and was trying to get my thoughts together expecting the first question to be about it but he asked if I ever traveled outside the US since I became a green card holder and I said yes I traveled one time for 59 days and I didn’t said to where I went and he then asked me about the pledge of allegiance if I know it and asked me to explain it, then he went through my entire N 400 application and asked me if I would like to change anything I said NO he asked me about my job and what kind of work I do then he pulled a paper and asked me those questions:
1/ name the president of the US?
2/ If the President and the vise president can no longer serve, who becomes President?
3/ who signs the bills to become laws?
4/ what are two Cabinet-level positions?
5/ what ocean in the east cost of the US?
6/what one promise you make when you become an American citizen?
I answered all question right I guess he then asked me to read this sentence: New Jersey state is green and beautiful and asked me to write: I love living in green and beautiful state of New Jersey , he smiled and said congratulations there was no reason to be worried and nervous then he asked me to wait outside, after like half an hour he called me again and asked me to review my citizenship certificate everything was alright so he said I have to wait for the oath, later on they call a lot of people and we did the oath.
He never motioned anything about my visit to the COP and never even looked at my re-entry permit and didn’t ask about my taxes or anything else the entire interview lasted not more that 17 mints.
When I came back to my car at the parking lot I grabbed a pen and piece of paper and wrote down: because my love to live in the green and beautiful state of New Jersey……. today I became an America citizen.

very congratulations to you..!
and welcome abord of asylee citizens club ..:)

Last edited by a moderator: