Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

Tried to to walk-in FP today but was turned away. :mad: Will have to wait for more than two weeks. :( When I asked why it was no big deal before and became impossible now, I was told that the ASC staff was cut in half.

Citizenship

D.O New York

June,18 2009 : N-400 sent to Lewisville,TX
June,19 2009 : N-400 received
June,23 2009 : Check cashed
June,26 2009 : NOA received
July ,06 2009 : FP notice received
July ,14 2009 : FP Appointment

Miami FL timeframe

Have anyone in this forum submitt their N-400 aplication in Miami?
Any ideas of timeframe?
What would a normal process take...6 months? a year?

Thanks

no interview letter yet

iam really getting worry

do you think it is taking a longer time because iam from middle east?

anybody did not receieve interview letter yet?

John Smith,

If you read carefully others posts and timelines, you will notice it takes between 3 and 4 month since the submittion of your application.
If you sent yours on May you should be getting an interview notice for July or August.

With immigration nothing is written in stone.

Be patient, it has nothing to do with you being from the middle east!

can i go vacation?

i filed my N400 may 18, i did my fingerprint on june 9,

do you think its a poblem to go vacation for a week before interview date?

the number of vacation days i took in the last 5 years is 135 days,

what is the maximum days iam allowed to have before my naturalization?

process so fast

I send my application on july 1 2009, they received date July 06 2009, my appointment for fingerprint july 29 2009, it's very fast , I can't belive.
I live in las vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recommended for approval

My appointment was at noon today. My lawyer drove us there and we checked in a few minutes before noon. We just waited for about 10 minutes and were called in.

The officer was Mexican in his 40s or 50s. I stumbled when he was putting me under oath to tell the truth. I thought I was supposed to repeat what he was saying. He went super fast and I couldn't follow. In reality I should have listened and replied "Yes" to what he said. So he asked me to explain what telling the truth meant. I replied to tell based on the facts. He asked if I was going to lie. I replied "No".

He asked to see my Green Card and driver's license. He immediately said that I got my Green Card from asylum. He said "So you already went back to "COP". I said yes. He asked how many times. I replied once.

Then he went very fast through all the questions on my N400 form.

Next he did the civics and English tests.

At last he said he's not going to read my asylum statement and asked me how I got my asylum. I said that I am gay and I was persecuted in "COP". Then he hand me the "Recommended for approval" form.

We got out of the building in about half hour after we went in.

During the interview when he was waiting for the computer or for me to fill out something on the form, he chitchatted with my lawyer. They were asking each other where each came from. And the officer talks about how he downloads Chinese recipes and about the sauce for the food.

He never asked to see my passports and travel documents. He didn't ask for my tax transcripts either. I also had my relative's medical records and translation with me. He didn't ask the circumstance of my visiting my "COP".

I felt it a great thing to bring my lawyer with me. The chat between them made it much more relaxed.

Wii – Congratulations on your successful interview. So far, you are the first one who did get asked about visiting COP and upon saying YES, you didn’t get in trouble. I am pretty sure officer looked at your particular situation and acted accordingly. I hope your case becomes a lucky charm for this board. Keep the good news coming:) thanks

Wii – Congratulations on your successful interview. So far, you are the first one who did get asked about visiting COP and upon saying YES, you didn’t get in trouble. I am pretty sure officer looked at your particular situation and acted accordingly. I hope your case becomes a lucky charm for this board. Keep the good news coming:) thanks

I think that the presence of the lawyer helped in this case.

Recommended for approval?????

Wii,

You are the first person I have heard getting a Recommended for Approval.
I know you either pass or failed the exam, but recommended????.

What does a Recommended for approval mean? Why where you recommended and not approved inmediatly?

Do you think telling the IO that you travel back to your COP was the reason?
Have you heard from them since then?

Going to have N400 interview soon.
I renew my passport one time before i filed for asylum and one time after my asylum approval.
The old passport that I used when traveled to the United States was reported lost before I applied the new passport here. But, I found it hiding in my closet.
I have never traveled back to COP after my asylum approval.
I had three travel documents and never use it to travel at all.

Should I show the IO my renew passport? or Should I show the old passport (reported lost before)?
Your advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You should show all the old passports if asked but never volunteer to show them unless asked!

Wii,

You are the first person I have heard getting a Recommended for Approval.
I know you either pass or failed the exam, but recommended????.

What does a Recommended for approval mean? Why where you recommended and not approved inmediatly?

Do you think telling the IO that you travel back to your COP was the reason?
Have you heard from them since then?

Applications are always either recommended for approval, continued or denied. If you are recommended for approval a more senior IO signs off to grant the final approval.

I renew my passport one time before i filed for asylum and one time after my asylum approval.
The old passport that I used when traveled to the United States was reported lost before I applied the new passport here. But, I found it hiding in my closet.

Should I show the IO my renew passport? or Should I show the old passport (reported lost before)?

I do not think renewing passport prior to asylum approval would be problem. You did show the passport to asylum officer during asylum interview, didn't you? If it was not a problem then, it won't be a problem now. On the other side, you need to bring and show all passports and travel documents if asked in N400 interview. USCIS is serious to the travel documents they have issued and your file has all the records. Expired travel documents will be taken away in interview. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Applications are always either recommended for approval, continued or denied. If you are recommended for approval a more senior IO signs off to grant the final approval.

Following the interview with the USCIS, a request for citizenship will either be granted, continued, or denied:

Granted: Where an application is granted, the applicant can sometimes take the oath ceremony on that very date, although many people will be informed of the decision by mail, and will attend a subsequent citizenship ceremony.

Continued: When an application is "continued", it is placed on hold while certain problems or issues are resolved, such as the failure of a test during the interview, or the provision of additional records or documents requested by the USCIS. The letter informing you of the continuation will detail what additional steps must be taken to complete the application process.

Denied. If your application for citizenship is denied, you will receive a letter explaining the reasons for the denial, and informing you of the process for appealing the denial.

I have never hear of the recommended for approval in the Citizenship interview. I know it can be on the Asylum case but during Citizenship interview???????

Has anyone else gotten a Recommended??
:confused:

don not worry

i renewed my passport many times before i was even granted asylum,

i was granted asylum by the board of immigration appeal, they ruled that renewal national passport does not undermine the credebility of the asylee,

my case is a living proof that renewal of NP is not a problem