Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

I had a total of 17 visits to countries like Canada, UK, Dominican Republic UAE and Saudi. Did not say anyting about it. Just asked me that I had made 17 trips and thats all. Although he kept my travel doc since it was expired. He handed back my NP. I was gonna tell him to keep that also.. :)

copper, what is that date that you have in your signature, "in queue for interview" 5/26/09 what happened on that date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished my work and want to tell everyone that I sworn in last week in New York City to become a citizen.

The interview went well. I brought one attorney as it is "free" service reimbursable by my employer. Nothing fancy but he did ask me if there is any change for the travel and employment. I told him that there was no change in my employment but I have visited COP (first time) for 5 days and just came back yesterday. I was expecting being questioned more, but he giggled and said "how smart, visiting COP after 5 years of permanent residency". No more questions, and that is basically it.

The day finally is here and I become a US citizen today. I already applied for a passport and mailed out my voter registration today.

Good luck for all the folks here in line for your turns.

It's been a while since I've peeked in here....and I am very pleased to see so many people getting their citizenship. Congratulations to all those that have been naturalized!

For those who have already passed the interview. If asked for passport, which one do you provide, NP or Travel Doc? For example, I never renewed my NP, but did apply for a travel doc. Since I never did travel and that both docs(NP and TD) are expired, which one to present at interview?
Cheers and thanks

I passed my N-400 interview today. Very excited. Wow..end of a very long 9 year journey. Lot's of us getting interviews lately. It's like the baby boomer thing. I still remember the days when there was a 10,000 cap on the cases approved each year. Used to take 10 years or so to get GC. Just file it and forget about it for 10 years. And then the cap was lifted and bunch of folks on this forum got their approvals. Now you can get a GC in less than 2 months in most cases. What a change.
Anyway, regarding my interview...everything went very smoothly. After she swore me, the officer went over the civic questions, read and write test and then line by line my whole application. I had some updated reagrding my travel outside country. I din't go to COP but went to neighboring country. But no question asked about my visits. No question about my status either.
Wish you all good luck and don't forget to come to this forum for very valuable advice.

Now Renaldo, to answer your question, if your documents are expired, just give most current Travel document and tell officer that it is expired.

Dear all
I have 2 major question which I could not find any straight answers for them, I very appreciate if any body can help me. Even when I asked my lawyer he did not answer me straight forward. I got my approval and also my work authorization last month.
1. Can I go to COP after getting my GC?
2. next year I can apply to file for my GC, after applying how long does it take to get GC? all info here for other people are not new, I am wondering if the timeline to get GC after applying change.
Thanks and hope to here from you

Dear all
I have 2 major question which I could not find any straight answers for them, I very appreciate if any body can help me. Even when I asked my lawyer he did not answer me straight forward. I got my approval and also my work authorization last month.
1. Can I go to COP after getting my GC?
2. next year I can apply to file for my GC, after applying how long does it take to get GC? all info here for other people are not new, I am wondering if the timeline to get GC after applying change.
Thanks and hope to here from you

By reading previous posts it seems like its taking about 6 months to get green card.
Some of us went to COP and are now US citizens. You may also search and read some posts. However going back to COP is at your own risk. In my opinion it should not affect your citizenship.

Hello

Quick question.

How long does it take to review the N-400 Application for former Asylum?
What kind of questions they usually asking?
I have never been in my COP since i got my asylum, my NP almost expired.
I've been outside US for 375 days in total (multiple trips)
What kind of questions I should expect from IO?

Thank you all

P.S How do I know which DO will review my case? Im living right in the middle between Louisville, KY DO and Memphis TN DO?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

Quick question.

How long does it take to review the N-400 Application for former Asylum?
What kind of questions they usually asking?
I have never been in my COP since i got my asylum, my NP almost expired.
I've been outside US for 375 days in total (multiple trips)
What kind of questions I should expect from IO?

Thank you all

P.S How do I know which DO will review my case? Im living right in the middle between Louisville, KY DO and Memphis TN DO?

It's taking about 6 months or less in most DO's to process N400. They will ask you civics questions and reading/writing test. They will go over pretty much every question on N400 application. Other than that it all depends on the officer interviewing you. If your case is straight forward then you should be done with the interview in 15-20 minutes.

I have been reading all the post of those getting their citizenship. It seems everyone passes. do we have anyone who has failed the interview or denied their citizeship and can they tell us why this happened?

about your opinion on going to COP after GC I agree 110% it should not effect you in airports or citizenship or any thing it happen to me

By reading previous posts it seems like its taking about 6 months to get green card.
Some of us went to COP and are now US citizens. You may also search and read some posts. However going back to COP is at your own risk. In my opinion it should not affect your citizenship.

Congrats

Hey Congrats ...

Just noticed that your id is goodluck0917... What a coincidence you got your interview done and oath letter on the same day 0917 :).

Hey Congrats ...

Just noticed that your id is goodluck0917... What a coincidence you got your interview done and oath letter on the same day 0917 :).

I don't think it is a coincidence. My "educated" guess is that he joined after he received the interview letter; hence his judiciously chosen id: good luck on that day!!!