Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

CAFECONLECHE
SENDING YOU GOOD wishes dude...don't worry..everything is gonna be alright with your mon..don't pay attention to haters...she went for a good reason ..to see her family..she will be fine..please keep us update..ok :)
see you later
yellowdarling
CONGRATULATION...very happy news...good to live in places like seattle.the process is faster...

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed my naturalization interview this morning. The whole process took less than 15 minutes, although I did wait about 40 minutes before my name was called. Good luck to you all!

-----------------------------------
Day 0 (01/11/2010): N-400 mailed
Day 87 (04/08/2010): Interview PASSED!

I would like to know if some one has an aswer or feedback for me.

I applied together with my husband and he got FP notice for 4.14.10. I haven't received anything yet. There was a mistake on my date of birth and I called and I already received an email stating that the correct information has been post on my alien number. Additional to this, I did get a copy of my Green Card last year and the process started on July. Will I need to do FP again or this will be the reason why I haven't received FP notice. Could it be that since I had a mistake on my information, the whole process got delayed?

Thank you for all your comments

I haven't received an interview date yet. However I got a letter from USCIS yesterday, it was a yellow piece of paper, saying that I have to bring it to my interview along with my state issued ID. Did you all receive this notice prior to receiving your interview letters?

I never received a yellow letter.
The only three things I received were: Receipt for N400 application, Notice to appear to do biometrics and Notice to appear for interview.

My mom's interview is on Thursday! I hope she doesn't screw it up. She has proof from the hostpital visits, as well as a notarised letter I wrote for her explaining the circumstances surrounding her visits. Hopefully it's sufficient. I will let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for your good wishes.

So my mom's re-interview was today. She had to explain again to a female IO why she went to her COP. The IO didn't say much. She just asked questions and wrote down what my mom explained. She then took from my mom the notarised letter explaining why she went, the hospital records, and pictures of her parents (I'm not sure if they kept those). Then she said thanks, and my mom had to ask when they would let her know if she was approved. She was told that they would send a letter in about 3 weeks.

This is all really annoying and unnerving. I don't know why my mom gets the tough IOs. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see, eh? If she is denied based on this, the lawyer she consulted said she'd represent her because apparently CIS is causing excessive trouble for a derivative asylee who returned to her COP 10 years after she left.

Mark my words: she would get approval letter within three weeks.

In 2009, a San Francisco law firm was rounded up for filing numerous fraudulent asylum cases; as a result they had to re-interview 700-plus asylees. I am not sure it has anything to do with them re-interviewing your mom.

Anyway, unless they found some "other" damaging evidence, there is just not much for them to do anything. This is a country that you can bring your grief to the Courts. You know that; they know that... Keep us posted.

So my mom's re-interview was today. She had to explain again to a female IO why she went to her COP. The IO didn't say much. She just asked questions and wrote down what my mom explained. She then took from my mom the notarised letter explaining why she went, the hospital records, and pictures of her parents (I'm not sure if they kept those). Then she said thanks, and my mom had to ask when they would let her know if she was approved. She was told that they would send a letter in about 3 weeks.

This is all really annoying and unnerving. I don't know why my mom gets the tough IOs. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see, eh? If she is denied based on this, the lawyer she consulted said she'd represent her because apparently CIS is causing excessive trouble for a derivative asylee who returned to her COP 10 years after she left.

dont worry, your mother will get the oath letter within 3 to 5 days

You think? I hope so, guys. Then I can visit her and maybe go to her oath ceremony and make sure she properly applies for her passport, hehe.

thanks CafeconLeche for keeping us informed. I am a derivative asylee, and am about to file my N-400 application. I find my situation to be different since I have gone to my COP several times due to I was pursuing a degree there, but am afraid that the I.O. will give me a hard time. I never overstayed the 6 month period, and even before traveling to my COP the first-time, I called the USCIS office to inquire about my trip and they told me that since I was an LPR, I no longer had the derivative asylee status and therefore I had the same rights than other LPR. My travel took place 7 years after my family was granted asylum, and 3 years after I received my LPR.

LPR received: 03/2005

CAFECONLECHE
i ve been waiting your information about your mon...DON'T WORRY..i can tell you than in two weeks or less she will get good news...but please when you" ll know something..tell us..please..ok
what about you? not news...gosh i wish someday they'll change some inmigration laws...like four years for people who speak english to aply for the citizenship...i want to bring my mother to live with me full time..i want this times fly...other countries you just need four years to aply .:).but here is five years.:(.well maybe i';m so desperate to be citizen.;).not for me..for my mon..i want her with me...
have a good day guys

Interview Experience at Centennial, CO
Reached the DO at 7:10 am My interview was scheduled for 08:45 the security guard said I’m too early to come back 8: 15 Am .After Pass through the security I had wait 30 minutes before my name was called by IO white guy around 50 very professional he asked me to raise my right hand and swore me in and then he asked me to lay out my GC RP and Driver license he start the civics test
1. What is the name of the national anthem?
The Star-Spangled Banner
2. What ocean is on the West Coast of the United States?
Pacific (Ocean)
3. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?
Terrorists attacked the United States.
4. Who does a U.S. Senator represent?
All people of the state
5. What is the “rule of law”?
No one is above the law
6. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?*
Eighteen (18) and older
96. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
Because there were 13 original colonies
He asked me 7 questions I don’t why but I answer all right.
So he told me to read
How many U.S. Senators are there?
Write
One hundred Senators.
After that he went over my application ask to verifying my full name, my country of origin my where I’m working go forward very quick if I had been arrest by any lawforcement I said no but I did have some traffic violation he asked if they hanflcup me I said .and then he look to is computer and asked again any other arret, I reply in USA or any other Country. He said anywhere where I respond yes in my country of Persecution that why I got my GC and I also gave him the arrest page update 3days before I when to interview he looked and give me back .He continued through my application he asked if I had any back taxes I said no and show my 5 years account credit he looked and me back.
The last thing on my application was if I understand the full oath of Allegiance I said yes that I will support and defend the Constitution ands laws of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.
The IO asked are will bear arms on behalf of the states when required by the law respond yes.
The IO took my Reentry Permit and punch 2 hole and to me you wont’need and ask me if I will to take a oath today at 1:30 I said absolutely so he gave me N-652 with congratulation and the second one was the oath letter.
I gave to IO my old stuff like expired worked Authorizations card like 3 of them plus my I 94 when I was asylee.
Today I became US citizen.

I thanks everyone no exception on this forum .

NB: At the oath ceremony I did ask one of IO if we can make a Xerox copy of the Certificate for our self before us applying the US passport if certificate get at the post office IO said yes we can copy.

Hi cafeconleche.

Yes he punhed a hold to my RP and than put back with my files.
Thanks and good luck to your case.