Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

Cafe con Leche.. congratulations about your mom's case.

I have a question for everyone.. I just received the NOA for the N-400 application, but my receipt number starts by BCN*XXXXXXXX instead of LINXXXXXXXX is there a reason for that?

Also, I have tried to check the status of my case online, and it would not let me even access..

LPR 03/2005
N-400 Sent 04/27
NOA date May 5th
NOA Received May 9th

Don't worr about the BCN....The BCN* is normal. That's how mine and many others have been.
About the online status... make sure you're putting in the right letters and numbers including the *. If it doesn't work then I'll call the 1-800 number

Hello,

I just received the appointment for the fingerprints, I was wondering if anyone had tried to get ther fingerprints prior to the appoinment date by walk-in in DC??

LPR 03/2005
N-400 Sent 04/27
NOA date May 5th
NOA Received May 9th
FP app: June 10

question?

I sent my n400 on april 2nd, got my appointment for my fingerprints on may 18th, since then there's no movement, i just wondering which one the next step in the process, kind of worry! thanks for the info!

Well, my mom is now a citizen. She took her oath at the Paramount theatre in Oakland on Wednesday. They had a special oath and form to apply for a passport there and then too, which she did. So, a good ending :) Cheers guys, and thanks for your support. Next up: ME!

Well, my mom is now a citizen. She took her oath at the Paramount theatre in Oakland on Wednesday. They had a special oath and form to apply for a passport there and then too, which she did. So, a good ending :) Cheers guys, and thanks for your support. Next up: ME!
GREAT NEWS MY FRIEND..say hello and congratulate your mon
now you are the next and me.......still waiting 2011.. i want february of 2011

So Hello everyone,

It makes me so happy that many of you are ready to apply for citizenship or have even naturalized and I want to congratulate all of you!!! I have a question to ask. I have been a permanent resident through asylum since September 2007. My green card has been dated since September 2007. I have never returned to COP , never renewed my COP passport and I am planning to apply for citizenship in a couple of years. I have traveled to Europe for a couple of weeks each year since I got my green card. My question is when you list your travels on your N400 application, do you list your trips overseas since you received green card which was September 2008 or since the "resident since" date on your green card which in my case is September 2007? Thanks all for your help and information.

Hello all, i just applied for Asylum and last week i got my application back in the mail with a notice of action telling mr that my aapplication was incomplete, so i completed it and mailed it back on the same day , the good thing was that the application was stamped and they told me that i can resubmit the same copy with a copy of the Notice of action after i complete it, so i did and now ive beeen waiting for a few days and don't know anything. What's gonna happen next? what should i do? i don't have an attorney yet, should i get one or complete on my own?
By the way, i'm in an immigration court procedings because i over stayed my visa.
Can i get some help on this?
Also i'm from NJ and if anyone can recomend a good attorney to take my case i'd appreciate that.
Thanks

Hey guys first posted this on another section but realized it's much suited here since my GC was via asylum.

So I interviewed on 3/30 and everything went well, passed my intv. and was given form N-652 w/ Rec. for approval. I was waiting for my oath letter but surprisingly I received a letter stating that I should "report for a follow-up on your application for Naturalization" and the option: "Your appearance is required to complete the record." was selected.

My question is...
1- for folks who've been called for a second intv, is this the kind of letter u received? (Cafeconlache ... ur input will be appreciated)
2- Has anyone received a similar letter in the past?

Forgot to mention this but ... when I got home after my intv, I realized that the IO had not ask me to sign on the back of my picture. Could this be the reason for this follow up notice? Or sounds like a standard second intv.

Thank you very much guys.

hey let us know how the 2nd interview went.. Good luck

Boston N-400
Hi everyone! (Re-N-400 in Boston, MA)
Hi everyone!

Today is my first time participating in the forum. I been reading all your comments and I have learned a lot. Now I'm just waiting for my interview which is scheduled for the second week of July 2010. I will keep you all posted in regards my interview experience, hoping that eveything goes well.

Asylum granted 2000
PR since: 07/03/2005

Boston DO
N-400 sent: 04/03/2010
N-400 Received in TX: 04/07/2010
N-400 Check Cashed:04/14/2010
797C-NOA Received: 04/19/2010
FP Notice received: 05/03/2010
FP Appointment: 05/18/2010
TXT (transferred to local office): 06/01/2010
Interview : 07/xx/2010

Boston N-400
Hi everyone! (Re-N-400 in Boston, MA)
Hi everyone!

Today is my first time participating in the forum. I been reading all your comments and I have learned a lot. Now I'm just waiting for my interview which is scheduled for the second week of July 2010. I will keep you all posted in regards my interview experience, hoping that eveything goes well.

Asylum granted 2000
PR since: 07/03/2005

Boston DO
N-400 sent: 04/03/2010
N-400 Received in TX: 04/07/2010
N-400 Check Cashed:04/14/2010
797C-NOA Received: 04/19/2010
FP Notice received: 05/03/2010
FP Appointment: 05/18/2010
TXT (transferred to local office): 06/01/2010
Interview : 07/xx/2010

Hey welcome to the forum!!! I hope ur interview goes well. Please keep us posted.
Good luck!!

DOCTA
COULD you tell us ..just one question..did you go to your cop the time that you were permanent resident? i just want to know why you received that letter for a second interview....

Last edited by a moderator:
osogio,
Nope. Have never been back to COP.
My 2nd interview was cancelled and supposed to be rescheduled but up to date, haven't heard back.
I'm 9 days shy of 3 mos (90days) since my interview and still waiting. When it hits 120 ... we all know what I'll do.

osogio,
Nope. Have never been back to COP.
My 2nd interview was cancelled and supposed to be rescheduled but up to date, haven't heard back.
I'm 9 days shy of 3 mos (90days) since my interview and still waiting. When it hits 120 ... we all know what I'll do.
welll you will be fine..don't worry maybe is just sign the pictures or some other paper..you know burocrats...very soon you will have good news i'm sure of that

Just wanted to share that I had my interview for US naturalization and went very well.
I went to COP and IO approved my case and got Oath letter same day of my interview.
I'm scheduled to take the Oath September 2010.

Just wanted to share that I had my interview for US naturalization and went very well.
I went to COP and IO approved my case and got Oath letter same day of my interview.
I'm scheduled to take the Oath September 2010.

Im very happy to hear that congratulations.
:)

Yupi28,
I was asked if I went back to COP and I said yes, (I only went once for two weks to visit ill family member) IO said nothing negative, just moved on with the interview process.
I know some people who were granted Asylum and went back to COP and now they're US citizens. Don't worry be very positive IO are humans too and understand that some times you have to take a risk to see a family member who is ill. Wish you best of good look, take care.