Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

You cannot keep it the RP if you will take the oath the same with your interview you have to surrender any immigration document with you the IO will ask you for that.

Oh yeah, I forgot you took the oath the same day. So you lost your GC too. Makes sense.

Why haven't you applied for your passport, yo? Go get it!

No change on my mom's status online, but we called CIS yesterday, and we were told a notice was posted the same day. The IO couldn't tell us what was in it, though. Is that right? Was she just being difficult? Anyway, hopefully it's an oath letter...

Congratulations and well done Brian Lee ! What was the reason for such a delay - did they give any hints as to what was the issue with your case ?

Ok, so FINALLY my mom received her oath letter today, though the online status has NOT been updated. It'll be on the 26th, though I don't know where (Masonic Centre?). I'll be attending, and I'll let y'all know what it's like.

Yeah, thanks. It is a relief. Next stop: passport and OCI...

Hey cafeconleche.

what I did first the next days after my oath I went to Social security office with certificate of Naturalization to update my status and the lady gave me some kind of receipt showing I became US citizen it took me 30 to 40 minutes, than went to Post office to apply for PP.

Hey guys first posted this on another section but realized it's much suited here since my GC was via asylum.

So I interviewed on 3/30 and everything went well, passed my intv. and was given form N-652 w/ Rec. for approval. I was waiting for my oath letter but surprisingly I received a letter stating that I should "report for a follow-up on your application for Naturalization" and the option: "Your appearance is required to complete the record." was selected.

My question is...
1- for folks who've been called for a second intv, is this the kind of letter u received? (Cafeconlache ... ur input will be appreciated)
2- Has anyone received a similar letter in the past?

Forgot to mention this but ... when I got home after my intv, I realized that the IO had not ask me to sign on the back of my picture. Could this be the reason for this follow up notice? Or sounds like a standard second intv.

Thank you very much guys.

Yeah, that could be why you're being called back. My mom got a letter saying she had to come for a second interview and bring proof of compelling reasons for visiting her COP.

BRAVO CAFECONLECHE
i ve been waiting your post for weeks..I'M SO SO HAPPY CAUSE YOUR MOTHER GOT HER CITIZENSHIP. :D .that's a great news..she went to her cop just for an emergency..and that;s the way need to be ..she never abussed the system..she just went to see her parents..that's a humanitarian reason
tell her that enjoy your freedom...
good news is what i like to read...now waiting for your good news also