APRIL-revalidation applicants tracking

why are the visa regulation office telling everyone to wait for 2/3 weeks for any DC date ,last week when i called for to DC the officer told me the same .I dont understand why everyone is being giving the standard reply......:(

Originally posted by ssil
why are the visa regulation office telling everyone to wait for 2/3 weeks for any DC date ,last week when i called for to DC the officer told me the same .I dont understand why everyone is being giving the standard reply......:(

Simply because they don't give a s**t...
I am still waiting for my passport, which I sent in early March. They ended up messing up data entry in their computers for a lot of people in March and now they are slowly catching up, taking vacation time as they please etc....
You are dealing with the government beuracracy, don't expect individual treatment.

Hi Guys

I just spoke to VISA Officer

she told me that it is taking 14 weeks from the D.C Processing Date, My D.C Processing Date is 19th April,

SL SD: 5th April,2003
SL RD : 7th April, 2003
D.C Date: 19th April,2003

hope this info helps some of our friends in this group, eagerly waiting for thier processed passports

thanks
srini

what is from the D.C Processing Date

srini_immig,

what is from the D.C Processing Date,How will you find that?

mmillo

Hi

to get the d.c date in ur case call d.c visa office

check the recent reply from teluguvadu85, u will get the phone no

srini

Whats the time frame we are looking at between SL RD and DC RD.

Please update, so if we dont know DC RD we can have an estimate based on others in this forum.

Hi Guys

has anybody called D.C VISA Office today, what is the D.C Procesiing Date ?

has anybody got passports appliced in April for revalidation ?

please post any info regarding april revalidation

srini

WORRIED!!

Any update?

Guys any suggestion, what should I do? I have booking for 9th July to go India and local booking too.

SL SD: 2nd April
SL RD: 3rd April
DC RD: 17th April

Kind of worried?

VS

Let me share with you my experience so far, DC receipt date was Apr 12 on Monday, Apr 14 on Tuesday, undisclosed Thursday (asked to wait 3 weeks), and this morning I was told that it will be processed within next two (my 'DC receipt date' was not disclosed again, current processing date was again Apr 12..).

I will call again on Tuesday, If I don't get any affirmative reply, I will withdraw my application. I have to go on July 19.

Looks like my DC reciept date is past their current declared processing date and that's why they I am being sent from post to pillar.

If you gotta leave on July 9, there is very less time left. BTW, you will get it done in 5 working days in India.

I heard that in INDIA every visa applicant has to attend for personal interview from this july 1st and in Chennai right now the earliest appointment available date is August.

I heard this from my friend.
I don't know about the validity of this.

Please think in this direction too.
Anybody know about this?
Please post here. It helps people like 'vsaxena'.

p_awadhiya

within next two................ ?

within next two weeks or two days or months.. what did exactly she/he tell you?

Please do share!

thanks

I am sorry for mssing this crucial info, she said two days...
But I would hold back elation till I see my PP.

Best of luck to you.

no one got their PPs today ??

pls post updates guys, if you got yours!
nxt week will be very slow, the july 4th week!
God ...this really gets frustrating!

guys

i need ur suggestion.

i sent my passport in first week of May in St Louis. It had prepaid fedex package enclosed with my address.

now the problem is that i am moving to some other place.
i called fedex, they said that they cannot do anything till the package is in their system. :mad:

now is there any way that i can inform DC office to ship my package to different address..

it sucks.......

philava:
been there ..trying to do that!!
The only solution is wait till your package gets shipped ..which means once your DC recd date starts getting processed, check the fedex tracking everyday and as soon as you see your package in shipped status, you can call fedex and :
1. have it withheld and have it picked up by ur freind at that place (be sure to give him a copy of the fedex slip)
2. some folks do say that you can have fedex re-route that package to your new address ..not sure about that, so do find about that and do let me know!

One more option is:
Call DC office and find out if you send a new fedex pre-paid slip directly to DC, if they can replace the old one with the new one in your packet! (I doubt if this is possible, but what do you loose in giving them a call).Do post your findings!

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Date of Birth issue

Date of Birth issue
Hai,

I have a problem. When I sent my application for Visa stamping I didnot add my Date of Birth but that column was filled with my wife's Date of Birth. Will this affect while stamping? Please let me know.

By the way:

SL Sent Date was 04/26/2003
SL Recv Date was 04/27/2003
DC Sent Date was 05/06/2003

Currently April 17th case is going on. She told for me it will take several weeks for the stamping.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks
Bagwell

Approved but not mailed out!!

I just spoke to VISA officer and she told me that they had approved the VISA for me and my wife on Friday. She told me that passport should be mailed out by weekend.

Guys how much time do you think it would take get printed and mailed out?

This is really getting worse, now I know that they have approved it but I am not going to get them by 9th July.

What can I do to make it possible? I have booking for 9th July to go to India.

SL SD: 2nd April
SL RD: 3rd April
DC RD: 17th April

Any advise?

VS