April 2013 Asylum Applicants

Thanks bro. There is an option in uscis website, to receive a text message notification that a case status update has occurred, which will be sent via e-mail, and also will be sent to mobile phone number as well. But I'm not pretty sure that if it works for interview notifications or its just for status updates. maybe its better to give it a try.

Hello Persian1,

from what I read so far, USCIS website will only update your status once your asylum application had been approved.
and it will not show any update for people who is waiting for interview or who is already interviewed but their asylum
application had not been approve.
so basically it is useless for people who had not been approved.
that is what I read so far...

yes, Thats true,I know that one, but I thought the thing I mentioned in previous post is something else, because needs to register and open an account in the uscis website, to request e-mail and text message notification, then they will send any update to you by email or text msg. As I was worried about the change of address, I thought it maybe helps.

Hello Persian1,

from what I read so far, USCIS website will only update your status once your asylum application had been approved.
and it will not show any update for people who is waiting for interview or who is already interviewed but their asylum
application had not been approve.
so basically it is useless for people who had not been approved.
that is what I read so far...

Today,April 29: Finger print and photography Done. I got the mailed notice on saturday.

Persian1,
I understand that you got your receipt of asylum application from SF office,
but
When you got your Finger Print notice,
Did you get the Finger Print Notice sent from Nebraska or did you get it sent from San Francisco Office?

I received my Finger Print Notice today sent from Laguna Miguel (equivalent of Nebraska)
but strangely I have not received my receipt of asylum application from Anaheim Office (equivalent of SF Office).

so I wonder do you receive your Finger Print Notice from Nebraska or from SF office?

Please kindly help me on this information,
I really appreciate it,
Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
Persian1,
I understand that you got your receipt of asylum application from SF office,
but
When you got your Finger Print notice,
Did you get the Finger Print Notice sent from Nebraska or did you get it sent from San Francisco Office?

I received my Finger Print Notice today sent from Laguna Miguel (equivalent of Nebraska)
but strangely I have not received my receipt of asylum application from Anaheim Office (equivalent of SF Office).

so I wonder do you receive your Finger Print Notice from Nebraska or from SF office?

Please kindly help me on this information,
I really appreciate it,
Thank You.

Hi MWDW,
I recieved my finger print notice from Laguana Niguel, too.
It means this office is in charge to notify us for finger print.
Dont worry at all, Anaheim will send it during coming week to you.
Wish you all the best

Hi MWDW,
I recieved my finger print notice from Laguana Niguel, too.
It means this office is in charge to notify us for finger print.
Dont worry at all, Anaheim will send it during coming week to you.
Wish you all the best

Thanks Persian1,
I really appreciate your very prompt reply :)

Dear Salty Water, have you received the interview notification?

Not yet. It is only 19 days passed since I submitted. I keep telling myself be patient. :( How about u guys?
What I can do right now is crossing my fingers.
Take care.

Patience is the key. One of my friend is still waiting for his interview date from January. As for myself, I am waiting for my decision for 1 month. :(

Wow, hope you recieve your interview date in coming days. What is your guess for this long delay?
Did your background check took long time to process before coming to US?

Thank you!
I have no idea about it. I think maybe office is too busy, but in the same time I know some people from Anaheim who got interview in 1 month after filed. Background check shouldn't cause such delay for the interview. Maybe for decision, but not for the interview, I guess.

Thank you for support. Anaheim office. What was you office?

We are in same boat, I am still waiting for my interview in San Francisco Office. I heard the officers just finished their training and started to deal with the interview. Hope everybody get what he/she wanna soon.:)

We are in same boat, I am still waiting for my interview in San Francisco Office. I heard the officers just finished their training and started to deal with the interview. Hope everybody get what he/she wanna soon.:)

Hi bro, they started to hire 15 Asylum Officers for San Francisco AO, from May8 til May 22! And their trainning will take 6 Weeks. Do you think it will affect our interveiw date?
Check this link out:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/342967600

Asylum decision after 1 week

Hi Everyone,

I had my interview yesterday and the asylum officer asked me to come back in 7 days for the decision. I am out of status.
My interview went well. I was interviewed by a lady and another man who sat by on the corner and asked me some questions along the line. Generally, I will say the interview was ok and lasted 2.5 hours.

I am worried. When the decision takes less time to be issued, does that mean negative or positive?

Please share your experiences.

My asylum claim is based on my political opinion as a gay rights/human rights defender