April 2013 Asylum Applicants

persian1

Registered Users (C)
Hi. If you applied, or would apply for asylum on April 2013, join this thread to help each other.
I sent my package on April 17, to Nebraska service center, used usps priority post with track number. My application delivered 20th April, as usps website says. I'm not sure what will be the next; Delivery notice from uscis or finger print date. What about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you apply for asylum? Or i485?

Nebraska doesnt do asylum interview! Nebraska only processes immigrarion papers.

Asylum should be filed in the state /nearest Immigration Office where you live!

Do you have a lawyer? Do you live in Nebraska? Where do you live?

Hi. If you applied, or would apply for asylum on April 2013, join this thread to help each other.
I sent my package on April 17, to Nebraska service center, used usps priority post with track number. My application delivered 20th April, as usps website says. I'm not sure what will be the next; Delivery notice from uscis or finger print date. What about you?

Nebraska doesnt do asylum interview! Nebraska only processes immigrarion papers.

They schedule her interview at an office near her current address ,Me too i sent my package there and I did my interview at a DHS interview since there is no asylum close to me that is why they sent me there instead of travelling to go to an asylum office.

Hi.yes, I applied for asylum, I-589. I know Nebraska doesn't do asylum interview, but in uscis website, and in instruction for I-589, says we should send the application to the Nebraska, and then they will tell us which center should go for finger print and interview. I live in California and don't have a lawyer. Have you applied by yourself or you have a lawyer?

Check it out:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=6ca66d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

They schedule her interview at an office near her current address ,Me too i sent my package there and I did my interview at a DHS interview since there is no asylum close to me that is why they sent me there instead of travelling to go to an asylum office.

You are right pepsico. May I know how you received the finger print notice, and receipt of your sent application? By mail/ phone/email?

I live in California also in Santa Barbara. I had a lawyer from San Francisco thenI had my interview in Anaheim by Disneyland. I think you are VERY brave to file on your own! Immigration officers MIGHT trick you or ask you questions that is not related to your case, thats why it is smart to have a lawyer, to protect you or to add scenes that you might have forgotten.

Hi.yes, I applied for asylum, I-589. I know Nebraska doesn't do asylum interview, but in uscis website, and in instruction for I-589, says we should send the application to the Nebraska, and then they will tell us which center should go for finger print and interview. I live in California and don't have a lawyer. Have you applied by yourself or you have a lawyer?

Check it out:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=6ca66d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

You are right pepsico. May I know how you received the finger print notice, and receipt of your sent application? By mail/ phone/email?

You will get the acknowledgement receipt first which you should keep it very well because that is what proofs you applied for asylum and that you are on a pending status ,also you will use that to apply for you EAD card after 180 days if no decision is made on your case.Next I think after 1 or 2 weeks if you are lucky you will your fingerprint notice telling you to go a designated location near you to get the fingerprint done ,just make sure to arrive at your time may be 10 minutes before so yo fill out some paperwork ,usually it will take like 10-20 minutes and you are done with that ,the last step is to wait for your interview notice after 2 weeks i think ,but i remember i had mine between 2 weeks from fingerprint notice,honestly this is the step where during the period before the interview make sure to check your application well if you are doing on your own ,make sure everything is consistent ,dates ,locations ,language is correct to the best of your knowledge ,one trick is not to give dates you dont remember because the officer is very picky on those,your story needs to be consistent with what you will be saying.Just relax and wait ,it will be fine if your story is fine too.Goodluck and welcome to the forum

Permanent resident since 1976 - unaware of selective services

My family purchased a business in the USA in 1976 and I became a permanent resident in June 1976 (green card holder) and was unaware of selective services and never received any information. What button do you select when answering the online questions to proceed for the online application for citizenship?

My family purchased a business in the USA in 1976 and I became a permanent resident in June 1976 (green card holder) and was unaware of selective services and never received any information. What button do you select when answering the online questions to proceed for the online application for citizenship?

I think if you came in the US already at your 26th birthday,you dont have to worry ,but you can still call their number for a customer support or go to their website ,all the info is there http://www.sss.gov/default.htm .I don't even think the US will have to call folks because there will be no threat to call someone so dont worry but I understand you do it to get a citizenship wwhich is normal.Please this is an asylum forum not a permanent resident forum.Thanks

I live in California also in Santa Barbara. I had a lawyer from San Francisco thenI had my interview in Anaheim by Disneyland. I think you are VERY brave to file on your own! Immigration officers MIGHT trick you or ask you questions that is not related to your case, thats why it is smart to have a lawyer, to protect you or to add scenes that you might have forgotten.
That's why; you stay in southern California, and I stay in northern California, so our uscis center and asylum office are different.
You have chosen the smart way :) Actually as I want to know every step and be fast, decided to do it without lawyer. What kind of unrelated questions do you mean they might ask,for instance?

You will get the acknowledgement receipt first which you should keep it very well because that is what proofs you applied for asylum and that you are on a pending status ,also you will use that to apply for you EAD card after 180 days if no decision is made on your case.Next I think after 1 or 2 weeks if you are lucky you will your fingerprint notice telling you to go a designated location near you to get the fingerprint done ,just make sure to arrive at your time may be 10 minutes before so yo fill out some paperwork ,usually it will take like 10-20 minutes and you are done with that ,the last step is to wait for your interview notice after 2 weeks i think ,but i remember i had mine between 2 weeks from fingerprint notice,honestly this is the step where during the period before the interview make sure to check your application well if you are doing on your own ,make sure everything is consistent ,dates ,locations ,language is correct to the best of your knowledge ,one trick is not to give dates you dont remember because the officer is very picky on those,your story needs to be consistent with what you will be saying.Just relax and wait ,it will be fine if your story is fine too.Goodluck and welcome to the forum

Thank you so much for your detailed reply dear Pepsico. Did they send all notifications by mail(paper letter)?

The IO officer was making the same question but in different ways. My lawyer said "My client already answer that question...or My client cant answer that question...Your question isnt related to his case so he doesnt need to answer your question"

That's why; you stay in southern California, and I stay in northern California, so our uscis center and asylum office are different.
You have chosen the smart way :) Actually as I want to know every step and be fast, decided to do it without lawyer. What kind of unrelated questions do you mean they might ask,for instance?

I sent my package on April 17 to Nebraska service center, used usps priority post with track number. My application delivered 20th April, as usps website says. I'm not sure what will be the next; Delivery notice from uscis or finger print date. What about you?

Hi,Bro,

We are in same boat. I sent my application on 16 Apr only one day earlier than u, to Nebraska too.also by usps priority post. I tracked it on the website that it was delivered on 18 Apr. Same as u, I did it my self. No any respond till now. I am in San Francisco. It was said that Asylum office of SFO was the fastest one. Crossing my finger u and me, for everybody who are waiting here. :)

I will keep any progress posted here.

The IO officer was making the same question but in different ways. My lawyer said "My client already answer that question...or My client cant answer that question...Your question isnt related to his case so he doesnt need to answer your question"
Replying these kind of questions need high self confidence. Thanks for sharing. Wish you the best dear.

Hi,Bro,

We are in same boat. I sent my application on 16 Apr only one day earlier than u, to Nebraska too.also by usps priority post. I tracked it on the website that it was delivered on 18 Apr. Same as u, I did it my self. No any respond till now. I am in San Francisco. It was said that Asylum office of SFO was the fastest one. Crossing my finger u and me, for everybody who are waiting here.
I will keep any progress posted here.

I'm so surprised and happy to see such a big similarity, I stay in east bay area.
Yes, cross fingers and pray from bottom of our heart for everyone who are waiting and who are helping us.

Receipt arrives

Apr 23, the receipt from USCIS SFO arrives.

YOUR COMPLETE FORM I-589 WAS RECEIVED AND IS PENDING AS OF 4/19/13. BLA BLA BLA

This is the only beginning. There is still a loooong way ahead.

How about u, Persian?

Apr 23, the receipt from USCIS SFO arrives.
YOUR COMPLETE FORM I-589 WAS RECEIVED AND IS PENDING AS OF 4/19/13. BLA BLA BLA

This is the only beginning. There is still a loooong way ahead.

How about u, Persian?

Great, thanks God. I have not received it yet, and guess mine would be delivered tomorrow or Thursday.

Share my progress submitted in Apr 2013

Yesterday, Apr 25, Fingerprint Notification got.

Today, got fingerprint and photo taken.