April 2013 Asylum Applicants

Visiting USA from India

I was there in United State for 5 years from 1999 to 2004. And in 2002 some agent force me to apply asylum saying that I m a Tibetan so i did that and I got a work permit for 1 year. Unfortunately my brother was in the hospital for last stage and i have to come back to my country India. Now I want to visit again to United State and I want to apply as visitor visa. The problem is I have given my fingerprint at that time. Please advise me if I give my fingerprint again to apply visa it will reflect with the system. What is the way me to re visit Please Please

believe me nobody can tell you any information about your case, and if someone did with my respect, it will be just kind of guess do you know why?

because all the information which is related to USA embassies everywhere is just with

CIA, you have no choice just go and try to get your VISA

Thank you very much.. should I mention that I have visit US before.. I don't have fingerprint record when i visited US in 1999 please your reply will be appreciate.

Thank you very much.. should I mention that I have visit US before.. I don't have fingerprint record when i visited US in 1999 please your reply will be appreciate.

They have all your data , you should tell everything to them , do not lie because if you have 50 % chance to get your visa approved if you lie and they find it out you will lose your chance forever. you need to explain your case to them that why did you applied for the asylum and why you left US , and tell them you have no intention to apply for the asylum in US anymore , but you just want to come and visit US for some personal or business reason , try to find the good reason and just take your chance. whatever you do , DO NOT LIE. those people in embassy are good people and they know their job very well , if you talk to them honestly I m sure they will help you.

I sent the case in April.
I got EAD in November.

I'm waiting for an interview in San Francisco.

I want to move to New York.
I want to take their case to the New York Asylum Office.

Do you think it is a good idea?

Woww... Thats was fast. I believe it has been less than one month? From the time you applied for your EAD to the time it went to production. Congratulations... Did you apply at Arizona? I like the EAD guys, they are far much better and competent than the Asylum guys... I am only crossing my fingers that I get an equally smooth road as you. Congratulations.

Waz!

I got EAD in San Francisco

I got EAD, SSN in San Francisco.
I was in the AO on October 26. Employee told to wait until the interview in February-March.
I was in the AO on December 27. Employee told to wait until August to interview in October.

How do I transfer my case from San Francisco to New York?

I got EAD, SSN in San Francisco.
I was in the AO on October 26. Employee told to wait until the interview in February-March.
I was in the AO on December 27. Employee told to wait until August to interview in October.
How do I transfer my case from San Francisco to New York?

as soon as you know your new permanent address in New York,
(better if you can find a permanent address before you actually move to NY),
wrote a letter to San Francisco office telling them to transfer your case to New York office.
and as soon as San Francisco office respond back to you (or after 2 weeks),
go to NY office and check whether your file had been transferred or not.
if not, then wait another 2 weeks and contact NY office again,
if still not transferred, contact SF office to ask why your file had not been transferred.

the good thing is you already had your EAD :)

as soon as you know your new permanent address in New York,
(better if you can find a permanent address before you actually move to NY),
wrote a letter to San Francisco office telling them to transfer your case to New York office.
and as soon as San Francisco office respond back to you (or after 2 weeks),
go to NY office and check whether your file had been transferred or not.
if not, then wait another 2 weeks and contact NY office again,
if still not transferred, contact SF office to ask why your file had not been transferred.

the good thing is you already had your EAD :)

I thought I should change the address.
I thought the case will automatically be transferred to New York.
It is necessary to write a letter?

I filed a case in April. EAD received in November )))) good)

I thought I should change the address.
I thought the case will automatically be transferred to New York.
It is necessary to write a letter?
I filed a case in April. EAD received in November )))) good)

I think it would be even better if you just show up at the "open day" at SF office,
and personally asked for information there.
in fact, perhaps asked to meet a supervisor and ask why it had taken so long for you to get interview,
and at the same time asked the exact steps needed to move your case to NY.
better safe than sorry,
so better either came to the office,
or wrote the letter, just to make sure :)

I have a brother in the case, as a person who also asks for political asylum in the United States.
He wrote an application that takes case and flies away from the U.S..

What should I do?
How this event may affect my case?
How might this affect my future interviews?

My case is pending at SF office since apr 2013 and still waiting for the interview. I have a question and if anyone has any information please do let me know. I am moving to another state under different jurisdiction and after changing my address I have to apply for EAD renewal. Will the change of address affect my EAD renewal??