April 2013 Asylum Applicants

Hi Everyone,

I had my interview yesterday and the asylum officer asked me to come back in 7 days for the decision. I am out of status.
My interview went well. I was interviewed by a lady and another man who sat by on the corner and asked me some questions along the line. Generally, I will say the interview was ok and lasted 2.5 hours.

I am worried. When the decision takes less time to be issued, does that mean negative or positive?

Please share your experiences.

My asylum claim is based on my political opinion as a gay rights/human rights defender

Most of the time, they always tell you to come back in either 7 days or 14 days to pick up the result,
and often, they call you later and tell you not to come because decision is pending,
or you came and you got denied or you came and you got approved,
so there is no indication on how this going to go...

the best indication is the response of the asylum officer when they interview you,
if you are comfortable with their response, and it usually mean you are ok :)

May I know which asylum office do you go for interview?
and how long did it took from the day USCIS received your application to the day of your interview?

Thanks

It will be fine, Don't worry.

Hi Everyone,

I had my interview yesterday and the asylum officer asked me to come back in 7 days for the decision. I am out of status.
My interview went well. I was interviewed by a lady and another man who sat by on the corner and asked me some questions along the line. Generally, I will say the interview was ok and lasted 2.5 hours.

I am worried. When the decision takes less time to be issued, does that mean negative or positive?

My asylum claim is based on my political opinion as a gay rights/human rights defender

I received the interview date notice. It will be on June 3. Hope all get it in this week.
Keep each other in our prayer

ortsMEX 173

Most of the time, they always tell you to come back in either 7 days or 14 days to pick up the result,
and often, they call you later and tell you not to come because decision is pending,
or you came and you got denied or you came and you got approved,
so there is no indication on how this going to go...

the best indication is the response of the asylum officer when they interview you,
if you are comfortable with their response, and it usually mean you are ok :)

May I know which asylum office do you go for interview?
and how long did it took from the day USCIS received your application to the day of your interview?

Thanks

Houston Office. Received documents March 27, Interview May 13. The asylum officer was nice but looked like she was fairly new and kept asking her colleague what to do or how to review the evidence I submitted. She seemed convince and I had affidavits, newspapers, and emails to show that I was ready to go back to my country until I started getting directed threats of death made by a homophobic group in the country.
I am worried because she insisted that the youth group isn't part of the country government. I told her that they are associated together. I don't know.
Waiting is hard.

Patience

Hey guys, I know the wait can be long at times, but sometimes the feeling you get after you get the results is worth it.

I applied for asylum on March 26, 2013 and I was granted on May 14, 2013. My lawyers were awesome. You don't need the lawyers for the day of the interview or to file your application. I did that all by myself. However, you need the lawyers to prepare all the necessary documents needed to help your case. They know how to prepare the affidavit with all the vital information. AO needed to read the case before the interview, so it's best if your lawyer can summarize everything in like 3-4 pages for the AO. It helps.

GoodLuck guys.. I'm praying for y'all ,

Hey guys, I know the wait can be long at times, but sometimes the feeling you get after you get the results is worth it.

I applied for asylum on March 26, 2013 and I was granted on May 14, 2013. My lawyers were awesome. You don't need the lawyers for the day of the interview or to file your application. I did that all by myself. However, you need the lawyers to prepare all the necessary documents needed to help your case. They know how to prepare the affidavit with all the vital information. AO needed to read the case before the interview, so it's best if your lawyer can summarize everything in like 3-4 pages for the AO. It helps.

Congrates :)Thank you for shring and your prayer for us.

Congratulations!!! That was really fast. You are very lucky. What was your asylum office?

Hi. If you applied, or would apply for asylum on April 2013, join this thread to help each other.
I sent my package on April 17, to Nebraska service center, used usps priority post with track number. My application delivered 20th April, as usps website says. I'm not sure what will be the next; Delivery notice from uscis or finger print date. What about you?

16 april 2013: Asylum application sent
18 april 2013: Received acknowledgement of receipt for asylum
25 april 2013: Fingerprint notice received
26 april 2013: I went to do my fingerprint

Yesterday, Apr 25, Fingerprint Notification got.

Today, got fingerprint and photo taken.

Me too)

16 april 2013: Asylum application sent
18 april 2013: Received acknowledgement of receipt for asylum
25 april 2013: Fingerprint notice received
26 april 2013: I went to do my fingerprint

I'm waiting for a letter of invitation to the interview.
I do not know when will receive a letter of invitation.
I am very worried.
It seems to me that the process is long.
I do not like it.

Hi Everyone,

Maybe it was the new intern?

Congratulating you, friend!

As I see it, you and I both have filed case. And we have the same date)

Hi, yes My Friend. Saltywater, you and I applied in close dates and same city. Soon you will recieve your interview notice. What's your visa status? When you will be out of status?

Hi, yes My Friend. Saltywater, you and I applied in close dates and same city. Soon you will recieve your interview notice. What's your visa status? When you will be out of status?

I am holding B2 visa which will expire on someday in Jun. Maybe the time when I applicated just missed the deadline of the first priority group I think.