April 2013 Asylum Applicants

Hi, No, not yet. Its 9 days since I sent my package.

The reason I get receipt a little earlier than you is not only a day earlier I mailed the package than u, also I live closer to the SFO Asylum Office than u.

:eek: just kidding.

Hope you get them soon, Bro.

It's Friday now,
Have you received your notification ?

The reason I get receipt a little earlier than you is not only a day earlier I mailed the package than u, also I live closer to the SFO Asylum Office than u.

:eek: just kidding.

Hope you get them soon, Bro.

I just got it. It says that SF AO recieved the application on April22, but send the mail April24. And added that; Bring 3 copy of docs evidence of your relationship to your family member, to the interview.
Did they asked you as well?

Congratulations.

Is this just the receipt or it contain the date for the interview?

Are you applying your application with your spouse and children with you?
If you did, then
The 3 copy of docs to proof your relationship with your family member should had been sent by you in your application.
Do you forget to sent it? If you forget then
you are lucky that they don't return your application and ask for you to resent it
together with the family relationship docs as proof, and they let you bring it on the day of interview instead.

so the letter said the SF AO huh? that mean the nebraska office had to forward your application to SF AO,
and then SF AO issue the receipt to you. no wonder it took a while.
Can you check on the post office stamp, to see which post office this letter originated?
I am curious, because I thought the letter of receipt would came from Nebraska center.

Thanks

I just got it. It says that SF AO recieved the application on April22, but send the mail April24. And added that; Bring 3 copy of docs evidence of your relationship to your family member, to the interview.
Did they asked you as well?

You mean if they asked in the notification? No.I have provided those in my package.

Guys, how large is your package?
do you need the USPS priority BOX for your whole family application,
or you guys use the USPS priority envelope?
I think the envelope is way too small to fit all the family and evidence documentation and need to use the BOX.

so what did you guys use?
Thanks

Guys, how large is your package?
do you need the USPS priority BOX for your whole family application,
or you guys use the USPS priority envelope?
I think the envelope is way too small to fit all the family and evidence documentation and need to use the BOX.

so what did you guys use?
Thanks

Hi,my friend,

I mailed my package via USPS priority. It does has big enough envelope. I think my package is about 200 pages. If u cannot find the suitable envelope, find a clerk for help. Do not use box, it costs u.

Congratulations.

Is this just the receipt or it contain the date for the interview?

Are you applying your application with your spouse and children with you?
If you did, then
The 3 copy of docs to proof your relationship with your family member should had been sent by you in your application.
Do you forget to sent it? If you forget then
you are lucky that they don't return your application and ask for you to resent it
together with the family relationship docs as proof, and they let you bring it on the day of interview instead.

so the letter said the SF AO huh? that mean the nebraska office had to forward your application to SF AO,
and then SF AO issue the receipt to you. no wonder it took a while.
Can you check on the post office stamp, to see which post office this letter originated?
I am curious, because I thought the letter of receipt would came from Nebraska center.

Thanks
Thanks.
Its just the receipt. later they would send the finger print notice, and interview notice.
yes , I applyed for my spouse too, and I sent the proof of relationship, but it was not our mariage certificate, so maybe its the reason for asking again.
About the adrress and stamp; its from SF. They sent it from Nebraska to sf.
About post; I asked the clerk and he suggested; usps priority flat rate, medium size box. Its cost is flat, 13$.
acctually if I could find the envelop it was better to put in the envelop, but for me "proirity flat rate" box was the only one that fitted.
wish you good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Its just the receipt. later they would send the finger print notice, and interview notice.
yes , I applyed for my spouse too, and I sent the proof of relationship, but it was not our mariage certificate, so maybe its the reason for asking again.
About the adrress and stamp; its from SF. They sent it from Nebraska to sf.
About post; I asked the clerk and he suggested; usps priority flat rate, medium size box. Its cost is flat, 13$.
acctually if I could find the envelop it was better to put in the envelop, but for me "proirity flat rate" box was the only one that fitted.

Thank You for your information :)

I just worried that using box might be too big for the Post Office Box belong to USCIS
and they might reject it just because the box is too big. LOL...
Glad to hear using USPS Flat Rate BOX is ok.

Do you have marriage certificate?
if you have one, don't forget to TRANSLATE it into English
and make 3 copy of the translation too.
otherwise they will tell you to return another day for another interview schedule.

Good Luck :)

Thank You for your information :)

I just worried that using box might be too big for the Post Office Box belong to USCIS
and they might reject it just because the box is too big. LOL...
Glad to hear using USPS Flat Rate BOX is ok.

Do you have marriage certificate?
if you have one, don't forget to TRANSLATE it into English
and make 3 copy of the translation too.
otherwise they will tell you to return another day for another interview schedule.

Dont worry, feel free to send in suitable envelop or box. give it triple check befor sending.
yep, I do have it, sure I'll translate and then notarize it, then make 3 copies. Thanks for your concern, wish you all the best.

Hi, how do you do guys? We moved to a new place, in the same city, just new avenue. I reported my change of address, via uscis website. Do you guys ever changed your address after applying? does it has any negative effect on application process time?
Tip: switch your browser to IE when you need to change your address online. Other browsers do not support this online form.

Hi, how do you do guys? We moved to a new place, in the same city, just new avenue. I reported my change of address, via uscis website. Do you guys ever changed your address after applying? does it has any negative effect on application process time?
Tip: switch your browser to IE when you need to change your address online. Other browsers do not support this online form.

Don't forget to report your change of address to your local Post Office so they will forward any mail that still delivered to the old address to your new address...

as long as you had received the interview notification, I don't see any problem with moving to new address :)

Dear MWDW thanks for your reply. You are right, but I'm moving before receiving the notification for interview! few days latter I should receive the interview notice, I hope my changing address doesn't bring any extra work for officers:) I don't want disturb them at all, I know they are super busy.

Don't forget to report your change of address to your local Post Office so they will forward any mail that still delivered to the old address to your new address...

as long as you had received the interview notification, I don't see any problem with moving to new address :)

Dear MWDW thanks for your reply. You are right, but I'm moving before receiving the notification for interview! few days latter I should receive the interview notice, I hope my changing address doesn't bring any extra work for officers:) I don't want disturb them at all, I know they are super busy.

Hi Persian1, Do you still have access to your old address mail box? because if I am not mistaken the Post Office need several days
before they put your change of address/forwarding service request in their system.
If USCIS mail the interview notice BEFORE USPS had your new address entered into their system,
there is a possibility that the interview notice still went to the old address !!!
Even if USPS already enter your new address into their system, the system still might miss it,
so it is best if you still have access to the old address mail box, just to make sure.

If after a while, you still had not received the notification for interview, just contact the USCIS office that
will be your interviewing office. ask them to fax you the interview notice!

Thanks bro. There is an option in uscis website, to receive a text message notification that a case status update has occurred, which will be sent via e-mail, and also will be sent to mobile phone number as well. But I'm not pretty sure that if it works for interview notifications or its just for status updates. maybe its better to give it a try.

Hi Persian1, Do you still have access to your old address mail box? because if I am not mistaken the Post Office need several days
before they put your change of address/forwarding service request in their system.
If USCIS mail the interview notice BEFORE USPS had your new address entered into their system,
there is a possibility that the interview notice still went to the old address !!!
Even if USPS already enter your new address into their system, the system still might miss it,
so it is best if you still have access to the old address mail box, just to make sure.

If after a while, you still had not received the notification for interview, just contact the USCIS office that
will be your interviewing office. ask them to fax you the interview notice!