Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

If you read this thread from the beginning or the other recent thread titled "April 2013 asylum applicant" from the beginning,
you will find out and understand that those customer service are NOT that knowledgeable enough...
as you had experience yourself, their answer is NOT clear and from what other had experience,
those customer service OFTEN give the wrong information to us.
If you don't believe me, try to call them at different days, and with different customer service answering your call,
then you can see that OFTEN different customer service give you Totally different information !

Now according to the official guidance,
the INITIAL EAD for pending asylum are PRIORITIES and the target processing time were only 30 days,
but as you know since there are way too many Initial EAD application, those target were not reached and they had became around 60 days on average based on the story here.

if you are renewing your EAD then it would take longer up to 3 months.

Yes, sometimes error happened and it could stretch to 4 to 5 months but this is very very rare case,...
and those customer service should not say it is going to be 4 to 5 months cause this is NOT the norm but the exception.

regarding the letter saying you had taken your biometric at Sept 20...
well any person who wrote that letter might wrote the date wrong,
but as I had told you many times,
if your biometric were taken less than 15 months ago,
you should not need to take another biometric, so that is what those letter basically mean.
don't worry anymore about having to take another biometric, ok...

the customer service said the office might ask you to take biometric again for your initial EAD,
this is true if and only if you apply your initial EAD 15 months or more after your last biometric...
but most likely a person with pending asylum application will NOT wait until 15 months before they apply for their initial EAD right?
I mean most people with pending asylum application like us, will surely try to apply as soon as possible after 150 days :)
so those customer service do NOT truly paying attention to your situation and timeline...
cause if they did, then they would had told you that since you just take your biometric few months ago, (less than 15 months)
there is NO WAY the asylum office would require you to do another biometric.

oh, but if you are going to RENEW your EAD about 1 year from now, and your asylum application is still pending,
then you will be asked to do another biometric again since it had passed 15 months since the last biometeric.

Having said all the above,
I think there is a big chance that this next Monday (October 28'2013),
you might get your EAD approved (check your status on the website)...
if not then the latest should be around November 4 (Monday 2 weeks from now)...

If you did get your EAD,
please kindly inform us so we know that you had received your EAD
and we can have another data on how long did it take to received your EAD.

Good Luck to You :)

I Called 800 number today , Regarding biometic you are %100 correct and knew you are correct but I should have talk about this issue with them because I made a service request with them . anyway after explaining my story for the customer service for 20 min , they transferred me to someone in upper level who can access my information , I spend 45 min on hold then I spoke with them and with regard to the time processing he said EAD processing time for C8 is usually takes more time than normal cases , he didnt mentioned how long but somehow he said more than 6 months for California service center :( :(

Guys what is your opinion?

Are you serious? I answered this question couple posts earlier

my bad sorry , you said TSC and I didnt know it means California service center , so you applied in AUG and got it approved in almost 3 months , this can be a good news for all of us.

Tsc - Texas service center) yeah almost 3 month, but it will be over when I'll have ead in hands) good luck to all of us

anaheim office denied my EAD after about 4 months unfortunately

i checked my status in uscis.gov they writing :

On October 30, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not denied my friend. Its called RFE - Request For Evidence.
Check the letter they sent you. They are asking for some evidence. It can be a small issue to a big one.
You never know until you open that letter.
I got an RFE after 5 months, but it was a really small issue.
So dont worry.

Its not denied my friend. Its called RFE - Request For Evidence.
Check the letter they sent you. They are asking for some evidence. It can be a small issue to a big one.
You never know until you open that letter.
I got an RFE after 5 months, but it was a really small issue.
So dont worry.

thanks a lot my friend i think they denied my EAD

sadsoul yor case has been pending in anaheim ?

anaheim office dinned my EAD after about 4 months unfortunately

i checked my status in uscis.gov they writing :

On October 30, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Rimaya,
don't worry, it is not a denial,
actually once you received that letter and you found out what they want,
and you can submit that information quickly,
most likely you will get approved right away.
I check some other people story when they get RFE (Request for more Evidence),
and usually 2 weeks later they got approved for EAD.
By the way,
did you submit all the required documents and pictures?
and did your signature small enough to fit inside the box (at the application form)?
try to remember anything that might be missing,...
your I-94 perhaps or your passport containing the picture of you,
or your photograph size...

Rimaya,
don't worry, it is not a denial,
actually once you received that letter and you found out what they want,
and you can submit that information quickly,
most likely you will get approved right away.
I check some other people story when they get RFE (Request for more Evidence),
and usually 2 weeks later they got approved for EAD.
By the way,
did you submit all the required documents and pictures?
and did your signature small enough to fit inside the box (at the application form)?
try to remember anything that might be missing,...
your I-94 perhaps or your passport containing the picture of you,
or your photograph size...

thanks a lot my friend

i think every think it's ok but i should waiting until open the letter
i thought RFE does mean denied

any way thanks a lot my friend

thanks a lot my friend

i think every think is ok but i should waiting until open the letter
i thought RFE does mean denied

any way thanks a lot my friend

Dont worry , just open the letter as soon as possible and let us know what is it the require .

I sent my EAD application to
USCIS Phoenix Arizona Lockbox
and I got my receipt number starting with WAC, 46 days ago...
but the center who actually sent me the receipt letter
(and supposedly process my EAD) is the Laguna Niguel California center,

My guess is the Laguna Niguel California center must be very very busy cause my EAD had not been approved yet,
while another person with an EAD number exactly 1 number after mine had been approved this week !

I guess that person EAD application must had been handled by different center,
despite that we both sent the application Phoenix, Arizona lockbox.

I sent my EAD application to
USCIS Phoenix Arizona Lockbox
and I got my receipt number starting with WAC, 46 days ago...
but the center who actually sent me the receipt letter
(and supposedly process my EAD) is the Laguna Niguel California center,

My guess is the Laguna Niguel California center must be very very busy cause my EAD had not been approved yet,
while another person with an EAD number exactly 1 number after mine had been approved this week !

I guess that person EAD application must had been handled by different center,
despite that we both sent the application Phoenix, Arizona lockbox.
I've done that too, was checking numbers close to mine, but somehow it doesn't work like that(

Got my card today, funny that in the place where fingerprints should be its empty, and says fingerprints not available

Got my card today, funny that in the place where fingerprints should be its empty, and says fingerprints not available

How many days does it take from the day they received your EAD application until today?
and were you applying from Southern California or other area ?
Thanks

edit:
oh I read your previous post,
you filed to TSC (Texas) and you apply from Miami right?
and you apply in August...
hmmm almost 3 months then

well, one question then, did you apply in Early, Mid or Late August ?
Thanks

How many days does it take from the day they received your EAD application until today?
and were you applying from Southern California or other area ?
Thanks

edit:
oh I read your previous post,
you filed to TSC (Texas) and you apply from Miami right?
and you apply in August...
hmmm almost 3 months then

well, one question then, did you apply in Early, Mid or Late August ?
Thanks
Yeah, almost 3 months, applied on the 12th of August

Yeah, almost 3 months, applied on the 12th of August
\

Thanks for your information,
I calculate and that is 82 days,... wow, I hope mine will get approved sooner than that though...
oh well, nothing much I can do but wait...