Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

How long does USCIS take to physically Mail or email me the I-756 Receipt Notice? I applied for my EAD 10 days ago and yet I still haven't received anything from USCIS about my EAD application.

Waz!

How long does USCIS take to physically Mail or email me the I-756 Receipt Notice? I applied for my EAD 10 days ago and yet I still haven't received anything from USCIS about my EAD application.

Waz!

I mailed mine on Monday, They received it on Wednesday, but they do not email me the notification until the following Monday,
and I received my receipt by USPS 3 days letter (Thursday).
so from mailing until receiving, it took me 11 days.
some people here post that it took them 2 weeks.
If you had not get the receipt in 2 weeks, you should contact their customer service.
Good Luck.

Thanks MWDW. Have u got your EAD yet?

Waz

Not Yet,
Today is the 48th days since they received my EAD application,
and 21 days since the day I am eligible to get EAD (180 days from my asylum application).

Not Yet,
Today is the 48th days since they received my EAD application,
and 21 days since the day I am eligible to get EAD (180 days from my asylum application).

Today is 62 days from the day I applied and they received my application , so far no news at all :(

today is 125 days since they received my EAD app and also i am eligible 125 days
as well as my EAD has been going to the RFE one week ago and i'm waiting for the letter

I just received Text Messages on my Mobile Phone,
telling me that USCIS just UPDATE The Status of My EAD Application !
and I immediately check on USCIS website,
turn out, both Me and My Wife EAD had been approved, and USCIS just order production of OUR EAD Card. :D

Looks like, California Laguna Niguel Center had starting to keep FASTER pace in approving EAD !

This mean OUR EAD Card had been approved,
51 days after USCIS received my application on September 18'2013,
or 24 days after the 180th day since USCIS received our asylum application,
or 204 day since USCIS received our asylum application.

and
as I am writing this post, I see that USCIS just sent me another confirmation, this time VIA email ! :D

here is what it said on the USCIS website:

Card/ Document Production

On November 7, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

and
here is what it said on the email notification I just received:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC13906*****

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On November 7, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

Last edited by a moderator:
turn out, both Me and My Wife EAD had been approved, and USCIS just order production of OUR EAD Card. :D

Looks like, California Laguna Niguel Center had starting to keep FASTER pace in approving EAD !

and
as I am writing this post, I see that USCIS just sent me another confirmation, this time VIA email ! :D

and

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

Congrats!! I am happy for you bro:)) wish you get you interview notice soon as well...

Congrats!! I am happy for you bro:)) wish you get you interview notice soon as well...

Thanks Anthony,
I hope you also get interview notice soon,
and I remember you apply asylum on July 2013,
that mean by this December you should be eligible to apply for EAD too right?
if you have any questions, just post it on this EAD thread,
and I will try my best to help you :)

Thanks Anthony,
I hope you also get interview notice soon,
and I remember you apply asylum on July 2013,
that mean by this December you should be eligible to apply for EAD too right?
if you have any questions, just post it on this EAD thread,
and I will try my best to help you :)

Thanks for good wishes, yes I can apply for EAD in December, did you apply to California Service Center? Your case is pending in Anaheim office, right?

Thanks for good wishes, yes I can apply for EAD in December, did you apply to California Service Center? Your case is pending in Anaheim office, right?

Hello,
for your EAD application, you will have to send it to the Arizona Lock Box,
once Arizona received it,
They will resent your application back to California Service Center in Laguna Niguel.
and
Yes, my case is pending in Anaheim office just like you, but mine since April 17'2013.

So it means, that really California Service Center keeps faster now with EAD applications, because according to the USCIS website the current processing time in California Service center is 8.6 months. So I think its old information, and it will be updated soon.

So it means, that really California Service Center keeps faster now with EAD applications, because according to the USCIS website the current processing time in California Service center is 8.6 months. So I think its old information, and it will be updated soon.

That 8.6 months is an ERROR,
as I had explain on this thread 2 weeks ago,
the correct wording there should be 8.6 WEEKS.

and now, my personal experience, which me getting approved in a little bit over 6 weeks,
prove that I am correct and hopefully the waiting time for you guys will be shorter now :)

Here is my explanation 2 weeks ago:

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...ng-does-will-take/page9&p=2657577#post2657577

Yes,
with this latest website link that you just provided,
I can see those Bar Graph,
but I am very confident that the LABELING on the Bar Graph was MISTYPE (Error/incorrect),

just check using Nebraska or Texas or Vermont Service center instead,
The Bar Graph will show this parameter:
USCIS National Goal = 3 weeks,
USCIS National Average = 3 weeks,
then at the bottom Bar Graph it will show that the Nebraska/Texas/Vermont Service Center Average = 3 months,
but notice that the LENGTH of the BAR, between the national goal, national average and the Texas/Nebraska/Vermont bar,
do you notice that all 3 Bar length is exactly the same length ? :)

so that BAR Graph is NOT Accurate :)

it should said (labelled) WEEKS and NOT MONTHS on the lowest bar (Nebraska/Texas/Vermont) :)

Now if you check the California Center Bar Graph,
and measure the length of that bar with a ruler,
the 8.6 months bar will be around 3 times the length of the 3 weeks bar,
which can only mean the LABEL on the graph should be WEEKS and not MONTHS...

On my monitor the National Average and National Goal bar were about 5cm in length,
while the California center bar length were around 14.2cm in length :)
just measure the bar length yourself using the ruler :)

if those 8.6 months are true then the length of the 8.6 month BAR
should be more than 12 times the length of the 3 weeks bar,
since 8.6 months is more than 36 weeks :)hahaha
which mean those 8.6months were NOT true and the true number is 8.6 weeks.

Look if Obamacare website can have so much problem,
a little MISLABELING on this USCIS website is "normal".
We just had to think using logic and also from the experience of other member here.
So far MOST people (even the one apply at Anaheim/California office) got their EAD at maximum 60 days from the day they applied. notice I said "MOST" but not all. but as the bar graph said, it is an AVERAGE and that is why "MOST", cause MOST = AVERAGE

and 8.6 weeks is 60.2 days
:)

OMG:))) i din't see it:))) you checked it with ruler?:))))))))))))) I loved it:)) you have a good chance to work in FBI:)) thanks for clarifying that:))

Your EAD got approved really fast. Congrats on that. My application timeline is similar as yours. EAD application received on sep. 30th, its been 38 days. Hopefull!!

and

and

congrats my friend , you are very lucky , my EAD has been pending 126 days
and my case has been pending 9 months :(
i'm tired every body get EAD and interview notice but me .... :(

congrats my friend , you are very lucky , my EAD has been pending 126 days
and my case has been pending 9 months :(
i'm tired every body get EAD and interview notice but me .... :(

@Rimaya,
My ead is pending since June 3, 2013 and in review. Its not just you my friend. :)

Rimaya,
don't worry, because you got your RFE, that mean your case already been processed.
this is better than other who don't have any news / and still "in review" status.
The only thing you had to do is to make sure you got the RFE letter soon, and then reply back to them
with what they asking you to provide asap. I know that after you did this, you will get approved asap.

now, if you don't get your RFE in about 2 weeks from the day they sent it to you,
then you have to proactively ask them
so if there is mistake, they can then process your EAD accordingly.

sadsoul, if I am not mistaken, your EAD is now being processed right?
the RFE was a mistake on their part right?
edit: I just read your other post and that signature is not a big problem,
you will get your EAD soon, perhaps this week or middle of next week at the latest.

Last edited by a moderator:
my interview is on Monday 11th

and 150 day period ends on Friday next week,

I am going to send EA request anyway without having Asylum decision cause i don't know whether it is in time. So is there any different file or procedures for those who have done interview and decision is pending?