Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

Thanks MWDW , your responds are really encouraging , I think waiting too much and stress is leading me to become crazy .

I really hope things just happen to me and all of us as what you said .

Anyway every day I get surprise by USCIS , I applied for my EAD along with my wife so we have 2 separate cases , at the day I called USCIS and made a service request regarding of non delivery of my fingerprint appointment (which I m not worry about biometric anymore but I was and that's why I called them at that time) they gave me 2 tracking number . this was around 17th Oct , 3 days ago I received a mail in my post box only about my case which I told you guys about it (when they said you captured your fingerprint 25th sep !!!) but I didnt receive any mail regarding my wife's case , and today I received an Email !! regarding my wife's case (I didnt receive Email about my own case) that was somehow same as the letter I received in my mail box , but in this one it said "Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 30 days , A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, Notice of Intent to Deny or Notice of Intent to Revoke" !!!

Now what does this mean? and when it says within 30 days , is this 30 days begins from today which I received this Email ? or from the day I made a service request? I totally confused , why they didnt send such email regarding my case too? why we received 2 different mail?

Last but not least , in what circumstance they may deny your EAD?

I m really scared , I have an attorney for my asylum but because I applied for my EAD (since he asked for $500 just to apply for our EAD) he is now not answering any of my questions regarding my EAD process. :(

Don't worry about USCIS sent you mail only and sent your wife email only,
this kind of things happened...
perhaps the customer service that handle your inquiry were too lazy to do both mail and email,...
or it was handled by 2 different customer service (not the one who answer your phone but the customer service who actually
handle your inquiry and decide to reply to you either by mail or by email).

regarding those 30 days,
well those are a STANDARD LETTER REPLY TEMPLATE from USCIS so every reply follow that same standard,
don't worry about those number (number of days) also.
from the wording, I can see that those letter were not only meant to reply for EAD question but also to reply about
other immigration CASE related question (including asylum case and other case too).

all this confusion were started because you were confused about the need for biometric for EAD,
and since that matter is not a problem for you, all this reply and letter actually means nothing.
so again, one more time I want to inform you not to worry at all.

you ask how can EAD be denied,
it can be denied if turn out you are submitting false data about you,
or you are still in status and your asylum got rejected by USCIS and NOT referred to immigration judge (case got closed) before they issue you an EAD,

and you can be REVOKED if after they issue you an EAD, they found out you were submitting false data
or at that time you are still in status and your asylum got rejected by USCIS/case closed.

since I remember you are out of status, then you don't have to worry about getting denied or revoked.

The only bad thing that might came is your EAD got delayed because USCIS asked for more information,
perhaps you forgot to sent a photo, or the photo is not following their standard,
or you forgot to sent the documents needed, or as some poster had said, your signature is TOO LARGE and
won't fit the EAD card, so you need to resubmit your signature...

so, Don't Worry :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My story: my wife and me applied for ead with pending asylum on August 10. We're recieved by Uscis on 12 of August. There were no updates till September 30, for both cases RFE were issued on the September 30 according to "check my status online". Didn't recieve both letter in 15 days I called and placed service requests for our cases. I got email saying
"On 10/15/2013 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

On October 15, 2013, you were issued a request for evidence (RFE). You recently contacted customer service stating that you have not received the RFE. A request has been made for this notice to be re-mailed. You should receive the notice within 30 days. Please be sure that you are registered to receive mail at the address provided. Your name must be currently on the mailbox. Keep the U.S. Postal Service informed as to whom resides at your address, especially when people with different last names receive mail at a specified address. If you change your address, please contact customer service at the number below. "
So today is 26th already still didn't get any letters. Btw I recieved an email only regarding my case, not my wife's. So now I have to wait another 30 days to place another service request. I didn't know how to deal with this situation. Maybe it's a computer error and there were not any Rfe issued at all?

AS mentioned before I applied for EAD sep 25th , so far we haven't received any RFE , is it possible they send RFE now?

My story: my wife and me applied for ead with pending asylum on August 10. We're recieved by Uscis on 12 of August. There were no updates till September 30, for both cases RFE were issued on the September 30 according to "check my status online". Didn't recieve both letter in 15 days I called and placed service requests for our cases. I got email saying
"On 10/15/2013 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

On October 15, 2013, you were issued a request for evidence (RFE). You recently contacted customer service stating that you have not received the RFE. A request has been made for this notice to be re-mailed. You should receive the notice within 30 days. Please be sure that you are registered to receive mail at the address provided. Your name must be currently on the mailbox. Keep the U.S. Postal Service informed as to whom resides at your address, especially when people with different last names receive mail at a specified address. If you change your address, please contact customer service at the number below. "
So today is 26th already still didn't get any letters. Btw I recieved an email only regarding my case, not my wife's. So now I have to wait another 30 days to place another service request. I didn't know how to deal with this situation. Maybe it's a computer error and there were not any Rfe issued at all?
Hi! I am sorry for you waiting all this time. From my experience I got RFE letter in 10 days after I found out this status online. I would call customer service again and ask theam again when you reach your 30 days ( I mean in 4 days, as you said its 26 now). As we know, sometimes they just don't know what to say and give inappropriate responses. Also, the reason for delay might be because of the government shut down situation. Good luck.

Hi! I am sorry for you waiting all this time. From my experience I got RFE letter in 10 days after I found out this status online. I would call customer service again and ask theam again when you reach your 30 days ( I mean in 4 days, as you said its 26 now). As we know, sometimes they just don't know what to say and give inappropriate responses. Also, the reason for delay might be because of the government shut down situation. Good luck.

Asylum 2012,
May I know the reasons why they issue you an RFE letter (Request For Evidence) ?
(is it only because your signature not large enough or any other reasons beside that?)

also how many days had passed from the day they received your EAD application
until the day you see the online RFE notification on the website?

I meant it was 26th of October, I did my service request on the 15th of October, so 30 days will be on 15th of November, 3 months after filling date -(((

Asylum 2012,
May I know the reasons why they issue you an RFE letter (Request For Evidence) ?
(is it only because your signature not large enough or any other reasons beside that?)

also how many days had passed from the day they received your EAD application
until the day you see the online RFE notification on the website?

Yes, MWDW they ask me only for smaller signiture. They send me special form where I signed in a small cell. So simple and so stupide from me that I signed too large. I wish I knew that before I filed!
I received my RFE about 60 days after I applied as I remember and it took me 3 weeks more to have EAD in my hands after I submit my signiture. So in total about 90 days.

I meant it was 26th of October, I did my service request on the 15th of October, so 30 days will be on 15th of November, 3 months after filling date -(((
I believe that you will recieve you RFE earlier then November 15, maybe even next week. Don't worry, it's standard that they give 30 days in their notices. It's the maximum can be.

I believe that you will recieve you RFE earlier then November 15, maybe even next week. Don't worry, it's standard that they give 30 days in their notices. It's the maximum can be.
is it possible that two letters to the same adress have been lost or not issued?even after secvice request

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't change my adress since applied. When check status online, the next 7-8 cases after mine issued rfe too, like a month ago, and still status showing request for evidence, so none of the cases didn't respond to rfe yet ?

Don't worry about USCIS sent you mail only and sent your wife email only,
this kind of things happened...
perhaps the customer service that handle your inquiry were too lazy to do both mail and email,...
or it was handled by 2 different customer service (not the one who answer your phone but the customer service who actually
handle your inquiry and decide to reply to you either by mail or by email).

regarding those 30 days,
well those are a STANDARD LETTER REPLY TEMPLATE from USCIS so every reply follow that same standard,
don't worry about those number (number of days) also.
from the wording, I can see that those letter were not only meant to reply for EAD question but also to reply about
other immigration CASE related question (including asylum case and other case too).

all this confusion were started because you were confused about the need for biometric for EAD,
and since that matter is not a problem for you, all this reply and letter actually means nothing.
so again, one more time I want to inform you not to worry at all.

you ask how can EAD be denied,
it can be denied if turn out you are submitting false data about you,
or you are still in status and your asylum got rejected by USCIS and NOT referred to immigration judge (case got closed) before they issue you an EAD,

and you can be REVOKED if after they issue you an EAD, they found out you were submitting false data
or at that time you are still in status and your asylum got rejected by USCIS/case closed.

since I remember you are out of status, then you don't have to worry about getting denied or revoked.

The only bad thing that might came is your EAD got delayed because USCIS asked for more information,
perhaps you forgot to sent a photo, or the photo is not following their standard,
or you forgot to sent the documents needed, or as some poster had said, your signature is TOO LARGE and
won't fit the EAD card, so you need to resubmit your signature...

so, Don't Worry :)

Today I checked the website for my status , nothing has been changed yet :( , I don't know if it is better to call them again or just wait ?

Applied on 12th of August, on. September 30th got rfe online message(appired to be false) so today got final update to card production