Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Do you have your most recent address on file with USCIS? You could also take an InfoPass appointment and request that RFE be resent. I assume that you found out from online case status that an RFE was sent to you but you never actually received it.
Thank you jefkorn
I did call USCIC 800 # and the officer tells me they did send me request of evidence in the 26th of February. And I did wit 2weeks nothing in the mail and I call the office and I did ask them to resented back to me and now almost 3 weeks and nothing in the mail so what you recommend for me to do at this point ……

Good morning Guys ... I called the AUSA in the middle of last week and left him a voice mail but he never returned my call. I called him this morning and he did not seem very cooperative. My extension is over next week. What do I need to do incase he never calls me back and he file MTD on April 7 ?

Hey Jefkorn and Lazycis ... how do you guys think I should proceed with my case ? the AUSA told me he would call me back but he never did. Any thoughts ?

Do you have your most recent address on file with USCIS? You could also take an InfoPass appointment and request that RFE be resent. I assume that you found out from online case status that an RFE was sent to you but you never actually received it.

Thank you for the helps but I never change my address in the first place I do have the same address for the last 5 years and when I open my USCIS notification is the same information for the last 6 month nothing indicate they send me request of evidence .
I did infpass yesterday and they tell me they will contact California service center ....so no help from my local INS office

:confused:

Dear lazycis, I have been preparing paperworks to file WOM at North Illinois district court. I saw a sample case from internet (forgot where) which was also filed at North Illinois district, back on 12/5/08. What bothers me is that the plaintiff's 485 is still pending (I checked USCIS case status w/ his case # included in PDF). And I am wondering if the WOM has been denied. If it has then it might be bad news for people living in Chicago. Is there anyway to check the outcome of this WOM case? The case number is 08CV6967. Thank you.

How long should I wait before I can sue USCIS?

------------------------
Philadelphia N-400
Application Mailed : September 2008
Received Date : 09/30/2008
Priority Date : 09/30/2008
FP Letter Date: 10/30/2008
FP Appointment Date : 11/12/2008 (done)
Yellow Letter: 01/14/2009
Infopass:03/09/2009
Second FP Letter: 03/26/2009
Second FP Date: 04/04/2009
IInfopass: 04/01/2009

What do you guys think I need to file after april 7th with the court ? If the AUSA files MTD, how do I counter that ? I really appreciate your help with this

Mustafa,
Don't lose your sleep over it. When AUSA files something, post it here and we will develop a strategy.

Dear lazycis, I have been preparing paperworks to file WOM at North Illinois district court. I saw a sample case from internet (forgot where) which was also filed at North Illinois district, back on 12/5/08. What bothers me is that the plaintiff's 485 is still pending (I checked USCIS case status w/ his case # included in PDF). And I am wondering if the WOM has been denied. If it has then it might be bad news for people living in Chicago. Is there anyway to check the outcome of this WOM case? The case number is 08CV6967. Thank you.

The case you mentioned has been dismissed voluntarily on 3/19 because I-485 has been approved. USCIS online system is broken (no surprise there). Do not hesitate filing Wom if you want to see the approval :)

It depends. You can file Wom at any time, but the court may not agree that the case is unreasonably delayed if you file too soon. Wait at least 6 months and your case have to be 2-3 months behind published processing dates.

The case you mentioned has been dismissed voluntarily on 3/19 because I-485 has been approved. USCIS online system is broken (no surprise there). Do not hesitate filing Wom if you want to see the approval :)

wow! It's amazing to see how you guys can find all these information. I admire you! :D

In order to demonstrate that I had made enormous efforts before filing WOM, I went for another info pass yesterday and didn't expect any valuable outcome. But the office told me that my name check was cleared on 05/2008. Does that mean FBI is out of the picture? Should I still include “Robert S. Mueller, III , Director of Federal Bureau of Investigation” when I file the WOM?

Meanwhile the officer said that my case have lots of inquires. I myself didn't make any inquiry recently. I had sent out lots of letters in the past two weeks. Congressman, Senator, First Lady, Ombudsman's, etc. Guess they are all working on it? Should I wait for those feedbacks and hope they resolve it peacefully?

Thank you!

If you haven't filed WOM yet, you should update your Complaint with new found knowledge about name check status and stress that there's nothing stopping USCIS from adjudicating your case as per the memo. Even the new memo stating that USCIS HQ should be consulted when NC has been pending for 5 months (as opposed to six months mentioned in older Feb. 2008 memo) and application is otherwise approvable implies five month to be a reasonable period to process AOS.
That being said, keep Mueller as a defendant because you don't know if the information coming from InfoPass is accurate and if the officer was indeed talking about NC and not the FP clearance.

About waiting for feedback from so called inquiries, short answer is no. Since it's not known to you for sure that USCIS is working on your case and will get it resolved by a certain date, waiting would be futile.
In order to demonstrate that I had made enormous efforts before filing WOM, I went for another info pass yesterday and didn't expect any valuable outcome. But the office told me that my name check was cleared on 05/2008. Does that mean FBI is out of the picture? Should I still include “Robert S. Mueller, III , Director of Federal Bureau of Investigation” when I file the WOM?

Meanwhile the officer said that my case have lots of inquires. I myself didn't make any inquiry recently. I had sent out lots of letters in the past two weeks. Congressman, Senator, First Lady, Ombudsman's, etc. Guess they are all working on it? Should I wait for those feedbacks and hope they resolve it peacefully?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Miracles Do Happen

Hey Guys .. I just got an email from the AUSA with an attachment of the first page of my application. It is stamped with the APPROVAL STAMPED on March 30. I still can not believe this is hapenning. I am in a big shock for sure. I will believe it for sure when I raise my hand to take the oath. The next one for Kansas City is 04/10. WOW..
I want to thank all of you especially Lazycis, Jefkorn, and Cregan .. I would not have gotten to this point without your help. I will be for ever gratefull for you. Stay tuned for my oath info :D

mustafa,
Wow!!!! :D Congratulations!! It's great to see that you have got the great news and can rest easy. I'm sure you would want to send a nice thank you note to AUSA for his cooperation and support.
Hey Guys .. I just got an email from the AUSA with an attachment of the first page of my application. It is stamped with the APPROVAL STAMPED on March 30. I still can not believe this is hapenning. I am in a big shock for sure. I will believe it for sure when I raise my hand to take the
oath. The next one for Kansas City is 04/10. WOW..
I want to thank all of you especially Lazycis, Jefkorn, and Cregan .. I would not have gotten to this point without your help. I will be for ever gratefull for you. Stay tuned for my oath info :D

mustafa,
Wow!!!! :D Congratulations!! It's great to see that you have got the great news and can rest easy. I'm sure you would want to send a nice thank you note to AUSA for his cooperation and support.

Thank you sir. I did reply back to him with a thank you for sure. He mentioned that he will ask the court to dismiss my case. I will send him a thank you card for sure. I am still in a shock

It depends. You can file Wom at any time, but the court may not agree that the case is unreasonably delayed if you file too soon. Wait at least 6 months and your case have to be 2-3 months behind published processing dates.

Thank you very much lazycis.

Thank you sir. I did reply back to him with a thank you for sure. He mentioned that he will ask the court to dismiss my case. I will send him a thank you card for sure. I am still in a shock

Congrats! Miracles do happen if you do something as well and, especially, if you pray for a relief :)

Congrats! Miracles do happen if you do something as well and, especially, if you pray for a relief :)

Thank you very much for your help for sure. I am hoping when I got home, the oath letter would be waiting for me today :D. My birthday is this coming Sunday so that would be the best birthday gift ever in my life so far