Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

ready for WOM

hi, lazycis, I have been reading this forum for a few days and I am amazed by how prompt and resourceful you are.

We are so ready for WOM and we are determined to fight this time after endless delay and wait. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I got one question. We live in Brooklyn, NY and I don't see any Pro se WOM around this area. I am just wondering if this is a court-friendly area and if you have know of anything from this area.

Thanks

Hi gogreen,

How long is your wait? I saw plenty of cases in your district (Eastern NY) and you should not hesitate any longer.

We are under EB-2 category.
PD: 03/2003
I-140 AD: 03/2005
I-485 RD: 05/05
Originally at VSC transfered to TSC at 04/07
FP 1: 05/05
FP 2: 04/07
FP 3 for my husband: 10/08
FP3 for myself: 12/09
RFE for medical record: 08/08

Tried everything. Was told everything is ready. Nothing has happned. I believe that I have collected enough evidence.

Thank you so much!

Hi gogreen,

How long is your wait? I saw plenty of cases in your district (Eastern NY) and you should not hesitate any longer.

Tried everything. Was told everything is ready. Nothing has happned. I believe that I have collected enough evidence.

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!

File Wom and you'll be green in 2 months or so. Use wiki guide
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check#Filing_Lawsuit

I am attaching a template for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazycis: Thank you so much! I actually have been collecting all the templates and useful resources from the forum. They are awesome! I may have to bother you again once the real process starts.

Great to hear your reply to me even though I have seen so many people got encouraged by your messages!

Lazycis: Thank you so much! I actually have been collecting all the templates and useful resources from the forum. They are awesome! I may have to bother you again once the real process starts.

Great to hear your reply to me even though I have seen so many people got encouraged by your messages!

Hey, this forum helped me when I was in your shoes so I better return the favor!

Hi Lazycis, may I ask where did you find all those past WOM case records? Do you see anything from California central district? I guess no matter it's friendly or not I am going for WOM anyway. But just curious. Thank you!

Hi gogreen,

I will be filing pretty soon. But I am in Central District of CA, not Northern. I wish I am in northern. I kept hearing that Northern CA is the most friendly court on this kind of cases. So don't delay.

My 485 RD is 12/2006. In the past couple of weeks I've sent out letters to congressman, senators, first lady, Ombudsman's office, etc. I am preparing everything while waiting for their responses. I also have a few phone logs with USCIS, some service request and an infopass.

What's your progress?

I cannot wait any more...
485 RD July 2006. I have been requesting them to pull my case for review since everything is ready (PD current, FBI name check clear, finger print is valid). They just cannot do it...
I got some samples in the previous posts but I am not sure whether any changes (except personal information and frustrated experience) need make, especially on those law part..

Can anyone filed WOM I485 recently share some experience? I am in mountain View, north CA.

thanks

Hi Lazycis, may I ask where did you find all those past WOM case records? Do you see anything from California central district? I guess no matter it's friendly or not I am going for WOM anyway. But just curious. Thank you!

I've seen cases going either way in your district, but you are right, it should not stop you.
There are favorable decisions, see
http://www.entrylaw.com/images/Hootkins_Order_Deny_MTD.pdf (it may look different, but it's the same in nature)

Another fundamental case for I-485 wom is Galvez v. Howerton, 503 F. Supp.35 (C.D. Cal. 1980).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, lazycis. With the new government administration change, when filing something for my pending case, do I need to change the defendents' names to the new government officials (if applicable)? Thanks!!

Hi lvla,

No, the court will replace them for you.

Hi lazy.. I am working on the amended complaint and since it follows the same format as the original one and lists all the parties, should I change the defendant names now or is it not necessary? Thanks!

need help please

I have filed a lawsuit in Nashville, TN. But the court clerk informed me that I need summon three individual regarding my lawsuit, thanks to this website I found out three individual but I’m sure that she make a error it must be four I just need District Director, USCIS in Memphis, TN. I would grateful for any info that I may missed or need. Thanks you guys

1. Secretary Janet Napolitano
Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20528

2. MICHAEL AYTES
Director of the U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Office of Chief Counsel
20 Massachusetts Ave., Room 4025
Washington, D.C. 20529

3. Robert S. Mueller, III
Director of Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

4. ?
District Director, USCIS
842 Virginia Run Cove
Memphis, TN 38122

I have filed a lawsuit in Nashville, TN. But the court clerk informed me that I need summon three individual regarding my lawsuit, thanks to this website I found out three individual but I’m sure that she make a error it must be four I just need District Director, USCIS in Memphis, TN. I would grateful for any info that I may missed or need. Thanks you guys

Ahmad,

Diane Campbell is the USCIS Field Office Director in Memphis, TN