Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Hi, yesterday, as I was working so hard on studying WOM, out of blue, my husband called me saying that he just received a call from the office of the congressman saying that our green cards are approved. We are still in shock and can't believe this is actually happening. I am even holding more doubt because I can't see any updates recently on the system and I didn't get any email notices. I am worried if both of our cases are approved or only the primary. Will call TSC to find it out later today and let you guys know asap. Keep my fingers crossed.

That would be wonderful. Sometimes the online USCIS case status is not updated and can be erratic. You should be able to get some info from customer service.
I think the word got out that gogreen09 was about to go WOM and it would be wise to get her AOS adjudicated without further delay :) Maybe Law of Attraction is working. On second thought, I'm thinking of forgoing WOM in favor of Law of Attraction :)
Hi, yesterday, as I was working so hard on studying WOM, out of blue, my husband called me saying that he just received a call from the office of the congressman saying that our green cards are approved. We are still in shock and can't believe this is actually happening. I am even holding more doubt because I can't see any updates recently on the system and I didn't get any email notices. I am worried if both of our cases are approved or only the primary. Will call TSC to find it out later today and let you guys know asap. Keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazycis and others, my local office called me yesterday and told me not to come to the interview because my name check was not cleared. I asked if I could do the interview and be approved after the name check is received. The office stated that is impossible since the 120 days clock will start if he did the interview. It seems this is a new procedure to avoid court issue. Is it possible for people with de scheduled interview to sue even though the interview has not taken place yet?

Hi, just called TSC and it was real. Both my husband and I got approved on 03/23 after six years of long wait. I am hoping to receive the welcome letter soon.

I still want to thank lazycis and jefkorn and everyone else for your encouragement and effort to keep this wonderful forum.

I won't be checking this forum that diligently, yet I wish everyone good luck and I definitly will recommend the forum to whoever needs it.

That's wonderful! Congratulations on your GCs and wish you all the best!
Hi, just called TSC and it was real. Both my husband and I got approved on 03/23 after six years of long wait. I am hoping to receive the welcome letter soon.

I still want to thank lazycis and jefkorn and everyone else for your encouragement and effort to keep this wonderful forum.

I won't be checking this forum that diligently, yet I wish everyone good luck and I definitly will recommend the forum to whoever needs it.

hello every one I am new over her I appreciate your encouragements.
This board has given me hope and I do have to thanks all of you for this great job specially mustafa , lazycis and jefkorn and everyone else and I wish all the best for every one .
I did my WOM in Seattle WA in 02/22/09

I-130 - send 03/10/2008
Check Cashed 03/18/2008
NOA Received 04/04/2008
I-129F - send 04/15/2008
NOA Received 04/28/2008
WOM Filed in Seattle WA 02/08/2008

Great! The wait is over! Very happy for you. I do think USCIS monitors this forum :)

lazycis, I got a few more questions. As I will be mailing the documents to the court please correct me if I got the process wrong.
Also can I efile the whole case with the court from beginning or does efiling start after the case has been physically filed? Can you please tell me where to read more on efiling?

1. Mail three copies of complaint+Exhibits+Coversheet to the court. Also mail summons and check.
2. Court will stamp and return one set of the complaint and the summons.
Q. Is only one Cover sheet required or 3?
Q. Should I send return envelop to the court?
3. Make copies of the stamped complaint set that court mailed back with case # on it and mail a copy along with exhibits and summons to each defendant.
Q. Do I need to send copies of stamped complaint or just put the case # on print outs of the complaint and mail it to defendants?
Q. For my court (Eastern District - NY), is Return Receipt a must or a print out of delivery confirmation from USPS site enough?

lazycis, I got a few more questions. As I will be mailing the documents to the court please correct me if I got the process wrong.
Also can I efile the whole case with the court from beginning or does efiling start after the case has been physically filed? Can you please tell me where to read more on efiling?

1. Mail three copies of complaint+Exhibits+Coversheet to the court. Also mail summons and check.
2. Court will stamp and return one set of the complaint and the summons.
Q. Is only one Cover sheet required or 3?
Q. Should I send return envelop to the court?
3. Make copies of the stamped complaint set that court mailed back with case # on it and mail a copy along with exhibits and summons to each defendant.
Q. Do I need to send copies of stamped complaint or just put the case # on print outs of the complaint and mail it to defendants?
Q. For my court (Eastern District - NY), is Return Receipt a must or a print out of delivery confirmation from USPS site enough?

1. And one cover sheet.
2. See above, no envelope.
3. Just print out additional copies, put case#, sign and mail them (include exhibits and summons). Make copies of summons for you and for your district attorney. Check with the court clerk where USPS printouts will do, it varies from court to court and even from clerk to clerk.

I'm not lazycis but will respond. I think you mean how court works after you file the case. The USCIS gets 60 days to respond to your lawsuit. The 60 day clock starts from the time you deliver your Complaint to AUSA's office. From forum here, people have seen approval anywhere from few weeks to to about two months from the date of filing. This is assuming that AUSA doesn't file for a 30 day extension or decides to fight the case.

Since you are in a friendly district, chances are bright that you will not have to go through the later stages. Think positive and stay put. You will be fine. Good luck!
thank you lazycis
so can you please tell me how the court work after I failed ?? and how long will take ?? and do I have good chance or not ...

Good morning Guys ... I called the AUSA in the middle of last week and left him a voice mail but he never returned my call. I called him this morning and he did not seem very cooperative. My extension is over next week. What do I need to do incase he never calls me back and he file MTD on April 7 ?

Thank you jefkorn
I did call USCIC 800 # and the officer tells me they did send me request of evidence in the 26th of February. And I did wit 2weeks nothing in the mail and I call the office and I did ask them to resented back to me and now almost 3 weeks and nothing in the mail so what you recommend for me to do at this point ……

I just stumbled on this forum while researching how to prepare and file a 1447 b . It's amazing, the amount of info and support is so encouraging. I still have alot to know/ask about. Does anyone knows what's the FOIPA and how can it benifit my case? how to do it? :confused:

I just stumbled on this forum while researching how to prepare and file a 1447 b . It's amazing, the amount of info and support is so encouraging. I still have alot to know/ask about. Does anyone knows what's the FOIPA and how can it benifit my case? how to do it? :confused:

Your don't need FOIPA to file 1447b. If you are waiting more than 120 days after an interview, you can sue.

You can read about FOIPA here
http://foia.fbi.gov/

Using FOPA request, you can find whether FBI has any records associated with you. FBI has a form and instructions here:
http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_instruc.htm