Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Friday(03/13) my attorney received a finger printing notice & RAE (Request for additional Evidence) from USCIS. RAE is for current employemnt verification.

hi, gc_09,
you won't have any problem with RAE also send RAE as soon as possible; most probably right after you complete your FP you may get your GC within a week or 2. I got mine approval right next day of my 2nd FP and received card within 5 days.
All the best.

hereismygc,

Thanks for keeping hope alive. I am only upbeat about my case based on your outcome. I did my FP last saturday. Tomorrow I am going give empl letter to my attorney and he may submit intern to USCIS some time wednesday. Hopefully I should receive some +ve feed back some time end of next week :)

hi, gc_09,
you won't have any problem with RAE also send RAE as soon as possible; most probably right after you complete your FP you may get your GC within a week or 2. I got mine approval right next day of my 2nd FP and received card within 5 days.
All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jefkorn and Lazycis .. I have a quick question, do you think I should contact the AUSA now since it has been almost a week since my interview and when I called him and told him about the outcome or should I wait few more days ?

mustafa,
There isn't any science to it. You can wait few more days if that's feasible for you if not you can go ahead and contact him. I know you getting impatient and it's understandable :) You don't know if he is working on the case or not so you wouldn't know where he is in the process. Is he close to getting USCIS to finalize your case or haven't even gotten around to your case? You don't know that.

This makes it little bit difficult to determine what's a good time to call. But use your best judgment. Good luck!
Hi Jefkorn and Lazycis .. I have a quick question, do you think I should contact the AUSA now since it has been almost a week since my interview and when I called him and told him about the outcome or should I wait few more days ?

Last edited by a moderator:
mustafa,
There isn't any science to it. You can wait few more days if that's feasible for you if not you can go ahead and contact him. I know you getting impatient and it's understandable :) You don't know if he is working on the case or not so you wouldn't know where he is in the process. Is he close to getting USCIS to finalize your case or haven't even gotten around to your case? You don't know that.

This makes it little bit difficult to determine what's a good time to call. But use your best judgment. Good luck!

Thank you Jefkorn .. I am not really sure where he is in the process. I do want to call him and find out what is going on, at the same time I do not want to call him too soon to get him upset. I want him on my side for sure if that is possible.

See the catch 22 here. By the way technically AUSA is representing the defendants not you ( the plaintiff) so it would be a conflict of interest for him if he sided with you too much :D I know you want to kill two birds with one stone: remind him politely and get him to do his job.
Thank you Jefkorn .. I am not really sure where he is in the process. I do want to call him and find out what is going on, at the same time I do not want to call him too soon to get him upset. I want him on my side for sure if that is possible.

See the catch 22 here. By the way :)it would be a conflict of interest for him if he sided with you too much :D I know you want to kill two birds with one stone: remind him politely and get him to do his job.

LOL I know its never this easy for sure. I think I am going to try and wait for couple of more days and call him :).

Lazycis, I got a few more questions.

1. Do I to send stamped copy of Complaint to the defendant or just copy the stamped orignal and send it to defendants?
2. Do I need to send exhibits to the defendants?
3. Is there any sample Summons notice posted here?
4. There's no place to sign Civil Cover sheet. I only see the place where attorney can sign so I believe it goes without my signature, right?

Lazycis, I got a few more questions.

1. Do I to send stamped copy of Complaint to the defendant or just copy the stamped orignal and send it to defendants?
2. Do I need to send exhibits to the defendants?
3. Is there any sample Summons notice posted here?
4. There's no place to sign Civil Cover sheet. I only see the place where attorney can sign so I believe it goes without my signature, right?

1. Stamped original is for you. Copy it and send to defendants.
2. Yes
3. I do not recall seeing one, but it's pretty basic: you put case title (b0nd v Aytes, et al), defendant name & address and your name and address
4. Sign it at the bottom - you are your own non-profit attorney!

Anyone plans to file WOM I485 in north CA?

I cannot wait any more...
485 RD July 2006. I have been requesting them to pull my case for review since everything is ready (PD current, FBI name check clear, finger print is valid). They just cannot do it...
I got some samples in the previous posts but I am not sure whether any changes (except personal information and frustrated experience) need make, especially on those law part..

Can anyone filed WOM I485 recently share some experience? I am in mountain View, north CA.

thanks

I cannot wait any more...
485 RD July 2006. I have been requesting them to pull my case for review since everything is ready (PD current, FBI name check clear, finger print is valid). They just cannot do it...
I got some samples in the previous posts but I am not sure whether any changes (except personal information and frustrated experience) need make, especially on those law part..

Can anyone filed WOM I485 recently share some experience? I am in mountain View, north CA.

thanks

Don't delay it another minute! Your district is one of the best for Wom filers. Use template posted in wiki and you'll be fine.

One more questions, what laws go under Cause of Action section on the js44 sheet? Is 8 U.S.C 1447(b) enough in my case?

Hi Jefkorn and Lazycis .. I called the USCIS line this morning and talked to an IO. She told me that my file is missing and they are trying to find it. I have an email from my senator from last month that indicates my file is in Kansas City. The IO on the phone told me the only file in Kansas City was my 1045 file which is the application file but not the A file. Can I use the document from the senator office in my current case with the court ? would that help ? What happens if they can not locate the file by the way ?

Mustafa, sorry to hear that. I understand, that it was a USCIS policy to request A-file 3 times (with 20-day intervals) and adjudicate N-400 using T-file (temporary file) if A-file was lost. I am not sure if this policy is still in place. You can read more here:
http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/special/0007/afile.htm

You can definitely use a letter from senator in court proceddings. Wait until AUSA response in April. There is no point in one more extension if they lost your file.

Mustafa, sorry to hear that. I understand, that it was a USCIS policy to request A-file 3 times (with 20-day intervals) and adjudicate N-400 using T-file (temporary file) if A-file was lost. I am not sure if this policy is still in place. You can read more here:
http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/special/0007/afile.htm

You can definitely use a letter from senator in court proceddings. Wait until AUSA response in April. There is no point in one more extension if they lost your file.

Thank you Lazycis. If the AUSA asks me for another extension after April 7th, should I accept that or proceed with my case?

Thank you Lazycis. If the AUSA asks me for another extension after April 7th, should I accept that or proceed with my case?

I think you should not agree to another extension unless you get a commitment from USCIS that the decision will be made within a month.

I think you should not agree to another extension unless you get a commitment from USCIS that the decision will be made within a month.

Thank you very much. So what do I need to do now for my response to the court after the 7th ? what documents I need to submit ?

Thank you very much. So what do I need to do now for my response to the court after the 7th ? what documents I need to submit ?

Wait for AUSA's move. He will either ask for another extension or files MTD. You will have couple weeks to respond to AUSA's move.

Wait for AUSA's move. He will either ask for another extension or files MTD. You will have couple weeks to respond to AUSA's move.

Thank you .Will do. By the way, I tried to call the AUSA today to find out if he has any news for me. I am still waiting on a call back from him since I left him a voice mail.