Any October 2010 filers yet?

Congrats to everyone who have gotten some "early Christmas presents". My dad and I got our EAD cards yesterday, which is really exciting for us. We're going to go to the SSA to apply for our SSN's tomorrow.

Good luck on your interview, KussyPoo! I can't imagine how nervous you are right now. Our interview is 10 days away and I'm getting some serious butterflies.

Annina, are you sure that we only have to wait 3 years if we file through family? I thought it was only for people who adjust through marriage, the rest of us have to wait 5 years. I'd love it if I were wrong through ;)

Thank you!! I'm super excited, I don't know if I can sleep tonight, already slept reaaallyyyy bad last night haha! Hubby and I just got to our hotel, we were at the Niagara Falls and it was beaaauuutiiifuuul! :)

Congrats to everyone who have gotten some "early Christmas presents". My dad and I got our EAD cards yesterday, which is really exciting for us. We're going to go to the SSA to apply for our SSN's tomorrow.

Good luck on your interview, KussyPoo! I can't imagine how nervous you are right now. Our interview is 10 days away and I'm getting some serious butterflies.

Annina, are you sure that we only have to wait 3 years if we file through family? I thought it was only for people who adjust through marriage, the rest of us have to wait 5 years. I'd love it if I were wrong through ;)

Uhm....maybe you're right, for sure if you apply through marriage it is 3 years and I assumed it was extended also to any family-based application but I haven't looked specifically for that. Sorry if I gave a wrong info!

KussyPoo, good luck!!!!!! let us know how it went, my interview is in 18 days amd I'm sharing hopeful108 butterflies......!!

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11-05-2010 Received appointment for biometrics (11/19)
11-15-2010 LUD I-485
11-19-2010 Biometrics done (appt)
11-19-2010 LUD I-130 and I-765
12-06-2010 Got IL for 01-06-11 :)

i am happy to let you all know that i got approved! best birthday present ever! the overstay didn't even come up! the whole thing took 5 minutes lol. on the way home now, i'll write my detailed experience when i'm home :D thanks for all the luck you guys sent my way, i hope it will go that smooth for all of you too!

oh yay! Congrats! I've been thinking about you and watching the clock and hoping you would update soon !

i am happy to let you all know that i got approved! best birthday present ever! the overstay didn't even come up! the whole thing took 5 minutes lol. on the way home now, i'll write my detailed experience when i'm home :D thanks for all the luck you guys sent my way, i hope it will go that smooth for all of you too!

Congrats and Happy Birthday, KussyPoo!

i received my EAD card and AP Document today

Congratulations!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!! You are right the best birthday gift ever!!!!

Congratulations KussyPoo! And happy birthday too! :)

And yes, they gave me 2-year conditional GC and we have to apply for the removal of conditions 90-days before the 2-year anniversary.
And yes, it's 3 years before one could apply for citizenship.

My case is marriage to a USC. I'm not sure if that varies in sponsoring a parent or a sibling.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats and Happy Birthday!!! Looking forward to read your experience. Seems like forever ago this thread was started.

Congratulations and happy birthday!!!! :)

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11-05-2010 Received appointment for biometrics (11/19)
11-15-2010 LUD I-485
11-19-2010 Biometrics done (appt)
11-19-2010 LUD I-130 and I-765
12-06-2010 Got IL for 01-06-11

Thanks for the birthday wishes and the congrats :)
Sooo here's my review of the whole thing:

My appointment was at 2:45 p.m., but I already signed in at 2 p.m.. There were only 2 people waiting there with me, and they got approved.. Then it was my turn, a very serious looking IO called me in at 2:20 p.m., he was very nice though, asked how I was and I told him I was good and asked how he was in return.
He showed hubby and me to his room and we all went in, then he swore us in. He asked me what my mom's and dad's name was, asked me when and where I was born, same with hubby. Then he said "You entered the US 2 years ago under the visa waiver program, is that right?" I just said yes and then he went on to the yes/no question from the I-485. Then he asked hubby if he was still Active Duty, hubby said yes, and that's it. He said "Okay, I'm going to approve your case. Because of the holidays it will take around 2 weeks until the green card gets to you." Then he explained the removal of conditions, wished me a happy birthday and said happy holidays.

The whole process took about 5 minutes lol. I was extremely scared because of my almost 2 year long overstay, because some people here on the forum had to scare the crap out of me lol, but it didn't even come up! I had also brought a big fat folder full with evidence of our ongoing marriage etc, and a few hundred letters that hubby and I wrote each other while he was in military training, and the IO didn't want to see any of it.

No personal talk, all business... But I'm so happy I'm finally done with this! Hopefully the GC will arrive soon, my EAD was in the mailbox when I got back today :)

I wish all of you all the best and hope that it'll go as smooth for you as it did for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW KussyPoo! That sounds like a breeze. A million congrats :) What a good holiday this is turning out to be for us! Hopefully I'll be in your shoes in less than 9 days!

My dad and I applied for our SSN's today and we can get our numbers on Thursday. How amazing is that?

WOW KussyPoo! That sounds like a breeze. A million congrats :) What a good holiday this is turning out to be for us! Hopefully I'll be in your shoes in less than 9 days!

My dad and I applied for our SSN's today and we can get our numbers on Thursday. How amazing is that?

Yay, that's awesome! I'm going to apply for my SSN tomorrow too :D I don't want to wait for the green card to apply for jobs... I wish you allllllll the best, don't worry too much, it will all be okay :)

congrats KussyPoo....finally u r done with all these stuff great......
congrates to everyone who got EADs...
nothing so far at my side i feel all my stuff is kinda of late.... i mean everyone here got FP date some where in NOV i got of Dec but did walkin
but the IL , everyone got interview somewhere in Jan i am the only one who got Feb date well lets see... still no UPDATEs and no EAD yet....
Wish all of you here GOOD LUCK and HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Just updating.. I just received my EAD card today. 15 days and counting to my interview. Kussypoo's interview makes me very hopeful. :-D

Happy Holidays Everybody.

Does anybody know the number to call to check on your case status? Its been almost 90 days since my applications were recieved and ive noticed a lot of others who filed later already have EAD and IL.

Does anybody know the number to call to check on your case status? Its been almost 90 days since my applications were recieved and ive noticed a lot of others who filed later already have EAD and IL.

I am sorry to hear that there havent been any progress with your case. Did you receive NOA for your applications? The number for the USCIS customer service is 1-800-375-5283 hope they can let you know whats going on.

Quick question. Can we take our 6 month old daughter to the GC interview along with us?

You sure can. I mean thats a big evidence of your bona fide marriage unless one of you are not the parent then that might be a bit of a problem.