Any October 2010 filers yet?

Well, at least you guys are getting some movement!! LOL I just keep on counting the days to the interview.

LOL...I thought you said we wouldnt be hearing from you until after the interview...cant seem to keep away can you :)... I am counting down too...I have 11 days to go... I am calm yet anxious but I put all my faith in God and because of that I am at peace or else I really would be crapping my pants...lol
You might be surpised you receive the EAD right before the interview or after you have done it.

Best Wishes!

Hi Guys,
My wife and I just came back from 1 week vacation........she got EAD and Interview Letter!!!! Interview is on 1/25/11. Nice Holidays present!!!
Good Luck to all.

Hi Guys,
My wife and I just came back from 1 week vacation........she got EAD and Interview Letter!!!! Interview is on 1/25/11. Nice Holidays present!!!
Good Luck to all.

Congrats!!! Happy that you got some rest to prepare for the big day!!!!

Hi everyone!!

As many of you know, I had my interview today. I'm not sure if I should be upset that I don't have any good news to share with you, or if I should be happy that I don't have any bad ones. Our interview was.... "ok", to say the least.

My dad's appointment was at 7:45 and he was called in at 8am. He, the petitioner -my aunt-, and I went in with him. The man was very courteous, not too friendly but he was pleasant. He asked "are you ____" to my aunt and she said yes, and we all introduced ourselves as we were walking to his office. He said "I know ALLLLL about you guys". We got to his office and he swore us in, and he asked to see a form of ID. All three of us gave him our driver licenses. He proceeded to ask casual questions, asking my aunt how long she's lived here, when she became a citizen, etc. He never asked to see her naturalization certificate but she took it out because she couldn't remember the date of her naturalization. He barely looked at it. He asked me and my dad if we had our passports, and we did, so we gave it to him. I asked if he needed our birth certificates and he answered "maybe later". He then proceeded to ask my dad questions "are you married? do you have other kids?" and my aunt said "well, he has a stepdaughter" which completely threw him off. The issue is, my parents are not married but they have been together for 30 years. They are not married because when she was young she married a man who left her (he lives in USA now, and is a US citizen) and divorce was illegal in the country we are from. He seemed VERY confused as to why they weren't married. My aunt shouldn't have said my dad has a stepdaughter because legally he does not. He doesn't even have a wife.

He then asked me a couple of questions "When is your birthday? Do you work? Do you go to school? Where? What is your major?". He asked me if I had siblings, and of course since my half sister was already brought up I said yes. He asked how old she was, where she lives. He asked me about my mom, what she does, and what her status is. He then asked me who we stayed with when we came to the U.S. and I said "my sister's dad". That confused him even more. He didn't understand why. He asked me if her dad lives with his gf and I told him no, and he said "I don't believe that". I was offended and I tried to remain calm and said "I've told you everything I know about him. He's not a family man." That's the truth. He has a fear of commitment and has never lived with any of his long time girlfriends. That took me by surprise (being called a liar) and I was a little annoyed by it but I think I did ok. He wrote down that I had my mom here, and a sister (but he didn't write down their full names or addresses) and honestly he spent at least 75% of the time asking questions about them instead of us. I thought that was a little inappropriate considering they are family matters that I have no control over. I'm 22, any issues my parents have are theirs and not mine. I have to say, he had our thick folders out and noted everything in red pen all over our papers. He asked both my dad and I all the "No" questions.

Again, he was so concerned with my sister/mom/her husband that she hasn't been with for over 30 years, that he didn't even make a mention I'm a CSPA case. He didn't ask to see our birth certificates. He didn't ask to see any originals, not even my aunt's naturalization certificate (he looked at it when she took it out for maaaaaaybe 2 seconds). I was very disappointed by that because it took us completely by surprise. There's nothing sketchy about us, we have no criminal record, no drug offenses, yet family issues were of concern to him.

I don't understand why, the worst that could happen is that I could petition my mom in 5 years, like anyone else could. I can't petition my sister (here illegally), and she can't petition her husband, and her father is a USC. What is the issue?

At the end, he said, "I'll look into stuff a bit and you'll get an answer in the middle of January". One of us, in our nervousness, asked what 'stuff' that was. He said he "wanted to check our history with a database and make sure there aren't any hits with terrorism or drug trafficking" and if everything was fine things should work out. Honestly I think that's BS. Isn't all this stuff done beforehand? Isn't that what the background check is for? I just think he was confused about my mom and he wanted to think about whether that'll affect our case or not (in my opinion, it should NOT, why should it? This was an issue about my aunt, her brother, and her brother's daughter).

I asked him about our I-94's and he said he would be keeping those. I left the interview feeling slightly annoyed.

I'm not sure what to say. The man wasn't mean, but I do think he took the interview down the wrong path. Wish he had asked more questions about us.

So here we are, back to waiting for at least two weeks. I'm so stressed out I'm not sure what I'm going to do until I know our fate.

P.S. Thank you to everyone who kept us in your thoughts, especially KussyPoo, Claudiahel, and Mimi0484. Hopefully Claudia and Mimi will have better experiences, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!!

As many of you know, I had my interview today. I'm not sure if I should be upset that I don't have any good news to share with you, or if I should be happy that I don't have any bad ones. Our interview was.... "ok", to say the least.

My dad's appointment was at 7:45 and he was called in at 8am. He, the petitioner -my aunt-, and I went in with him. The man was very courteous, not too friendly but he was pleasant. He asked "are you ____" to my aunt and she said yes, and we all introduced ourselves as we were walking to his office. He said "I know ALLLLL about you guys". We got to his office and he swore us in, and he asked to see a form of ID. All three of us gave him our driver licenses. He proceeded to ask casual questions, asking my aunt how long she's lived here, when she became a citizen, etc. He never asked to see her naturalization certificate but she took it out because she couldn't remember the date of her naturalization. He barely looked at it. He asked me and my dad if we had our passports, and we did, so we gave it to him. I asked if he needed our birth certificates and he answered "maybe later". He then proceeded to ask my dad questions "are you married? do you have other kids?" and my aunt said "well, he has a stepdaughter" which completely threw him off. The issue is, my parents are not married but they have been together for 30 years. They are not married because when she was young she married a man who left her (he lives in USA now, and is a US citizen) and divorce was illegal in the country we are from. He seemed VERY confused as to why they weren't married. My aunt shouldn't have said my dad has a stepdaughter because legally he does not. He doesn't even have a wife.

He then asked me a couple of questions "When is your birthday? Do you work? Do you go to school? Where? What is your major?". He asked me if I had siblings, and of course since my half sister was already brought up I said yes. He asked how old she was, where she lives. He asked me about my mom, what she does, and what her status is. He then asked me who we stayed with when we came to the U.S. and I said "my sister's dad". That confused him even more. He didn't understand why. He asked me if her dad lives with his gf and I told him no, and he said "I don't believe that". I was offended and I tried to remain calm and said "I've told you everything I know about him. He's not a family man." That's the truth. He has a fear of commitment and has never lived with any of his long time girlfriends. That took me by surprise (being called a liar) and I was a little annoyed by it but I think I did ok. He wrote down that I had my mom here, and a sister (but he didn't write down their full names or addresses) and honestly he spent at least 75% of the time asking questions about them instead of us. I thought that was a little inappropriate considering they are family matters that I have no control over. I'm 22, any issues my parents have are theirs and not mine. I have to say, he had our thick folders out and noted everything in red pen all over our papers. He asked both my dad and I all the "No" questions.

Again, he was so concerned with my sister/mom/her husband that she hasn't been with for over 30 years, that he didn't even make a mention I'm a CSPA case. He didn't ask to see our birth certificates. He didn't ask to see any originals, not even my aunt's naturalization certificate (he looked at it when she took it out for maaaaaaybe 2 seconds). I was very disappointed by that because it took us completely by surprise. There's nothing sketchy about us, we have no criminal record, no drug offenses, yet family issues were of concern to him.

I don't understand why, the worst that could happen is that I could petition my mom in 5 years, like anyone else could. I can't petition my sister (here illegally), and she can't petition her husband, and her father is a USC. What is the issue?

At the end, he said, "I'll look into stuff a bit and you'll get an answer in the middle of January". One of us, in our nervousness, asked what 'stuff' that was. He said he "wanted to check our history with a database and make sure there aren't any hits with terrorism or drug trafficking" and if everything was fine things should work out. Honestly I think that's BS. Isn't all this stuff done beforehand? Isn't that what the background check is for? I just think he was confused about my mom and he wanted to think about whether that'll affect our case or not (in my opinion, it should NOT, why should it? This was an issue about my aunt, her brother, and her brother's daughter).

I asked him about our I-94's and he said he would be keeping those. I left the interview feeling slightly annoyed.

I'm not sure what to say. The man wasn't mean, but I do think he took the interview down the wrong path. Wish he had asked more questions about us.

So here we are, back to waiting for at least two weeks. I'm so stressed out I'm not sure what I'm going to do until I know our fate.

P.S. Thank you to everyone who kept us in your thoughts, especially KussyPoo, Claudiahel, and Mimi0484. Hopefully Claudia and Mimi will have better experiences, lol.

wow he sounds like an *** to be honest! but i heard it's a good sign if they take your I-94. it's the only thing that shows your legal entry to the US, i don't think he had taken it if you guys weren't going to be approved. my IO didn't take mine even when i asked him because of this reason. i will keep you in my prayers, and even though this interview experience wasn't exactly pleasant i hope that you and your dad can stay positive. it'll all work out *hugs*

furthermore, also best of luck to everyone who still has their interview ahead of them! don't panic too much, none of us did anything wrong, in the end things always work out somehow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! i gat a message on my phone in november 2010, that i have won the dvlottery to live and work in united states of america and that i should call the number that sent me the message within 10 days, and ever since then whenever i call i always here the
machine talking to me that "welcome to the united states visa lotery" and it keeps talking for like 15mins and my units burns. So, in my email, i gat a message from united states p[ostal service that my percel has arrived in october 2010 that i should print out my mailing label and go to the nearest UPS office to claim my percel, and i have been clicking on the mailing label and it tells me virus attached...So, i dont know what to do now....and the funniest thing is that the message has been deleted from my inbox and i dont know how. So, if gat any info kindly send please....

Hey, you just need to stay positive and you'll see the green card in your mail. Don't worry, everything will be OK.

Hi everyone!!

Dont worry I think he was just fishing and trying to give you a hard time. As KussyPoo said if they take your I-94 then thats a good sign. I dont see any reason why you shouldnt receive your greencard. Still have you in my prayers that everything will work out for the best!

Hi again!

Thank you so much everyone for your nice comments. I've been feeling very discouraged since the interview but you all have seriously made me feel better (a tiny bit at least, hehe). I appreciate it. As soon as I find something out I'll let you all know :)

I'm wondering who has his/her interview next...?

Hi again!

Thank you so much everyone for your nice comments. I've been feeling very discouraged since the interview but you all have seriously made me feel better (a tiny bit at least, hehe). I appreciate it. As soon as I find something out I'll let you all know :)

I'm wondering who has his/her interview next...?

I know there is a person whom has it on the 5th and then Aninna and myself on the 6th.