Any October 2010 filers yet?

Silvermug, many congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I'm really glad for you and hopefully my interview and the other's will go as smoothly as yours :) Great Xmas gift :)
Yup, it definitely is a great Christmas gift! Thank you and good luck on your interview!

Congreats Silvermug! My interview is on monday and also in Buffalo and I hope I can come back with good news too, even though I am a visa waiver overstay.. I did however get married while I was still in status, so I still have high hopes for that interview.

Today, I got an email... Card Production ordered for my EAD lol.. GC will probably come before that haha

I just got my online case update text. EAD approved. Kinda late in the game, since I most probably won't be able to find a job till after my interview anyways.

Anyhooo.. Congrats Silvermug. Kussypoo, good luck.. I'll be cheering for you. I'll be looking forward to reading your experience.

Good luck to everyone else too. And Happy Holidays.

Just updating my time line and sharing my interview experience this morning.

09/24/2010 - Application packet sent.
10/07/2010 - USCIS receipt notices received.
10/12/2010 - Biometrics appointment notice received (I-485 and I-131)
10/22/2010 - Touched.
10/27/2010 - Biometrics done.
11/13/2010 - Received interview appointment letter for 12/16/2010.
12/11/2010 - Received AP.
12/16/2010 - Interview. GC approved.
12/16/2010 - Soft LUD on EAP. It says they sent me something on the mail on 12/15/2010. Whatever it is, I'd think the GC will supersede it.

Interview time was 11:15AM. I arrived at 11:00 and my husband arrived at 11:10. Our attorney arrived just after him.

There was a couple at the waiting room but I think their interview time was later than us. After about 15minutes at the waiting area, we were called in by a gentleman. He was serious looking (from a glance). I was so nervous, I could not look at him directly.

We were in a room, all four of us and then he asked us to raise our hands to tell nothing but the truth. Haha. He first asked me questions about my application. Address, SSN, last date of entry into the US, if I have ever been arrested, convicted, committed criminal act, and other things suggesting unlawful act/behavior. And then my husband was asked for his basic info (he was not asked about the criminal stuff).

After that, he asked how we met. My husband and I started talking about the place where we first met. And then he asked what we were doing there. He seemed to be looking at our application while we were narrating things. And then, he asked for evidences proving our relationship.

I showed the following:
1) My husband's car insurance with my name on it
2) Lease agreement with me included on it
3) Print out from Sprint showing both our lines on a single account
4) Last bank statement of our shared account
5) Letter from my employer showing that I added my husband in my Life Insurance
6) Letter from the bank stating our shared credit card

And then I said, "That's all I have.". Then the officer said, "This is more than enough. Ok, I'm going to photocopy these and be right back."

He was out for few minutes and we were all talking there in the room while he was out. Our lawyer was trying to make us feel more relaxed because I told her that I was nervous. So she and my husband were joking around.

When the officer came back, he said, "You are approved. You will receive the card in about a week." I was so shocked that I could not say a thing. They did not ask us much.

My husband asked about the effective date of the approval because our application for mortgage was pending because of that. The officer said it's effective right away.

I was still a little bit surprised right after that so we talked for a few minutes at the waiting area with the lawyer. What the next steps are and what I can expect. Things of such nature.

I hope this experience helps. Good luck!

Congratulations!!!!! I really hope the rest goes as smoothly as yours!!!!!!

Hi guys,
My wife got a e-mail yesterday: EAD Production Card/Ordered. She never received EAD approval letter. I am glad many of you guys are almost done.
I hope we all have happy holidays with EAD and GC in our hands.
Blessing to all!

Finally received my biometrics appointment letter, will try to do a walk in on Monday. Best of luck for everyone who have their interviews coming up.

Here is my timeline - seems others from early October have gotten there IL and EAD. Im still waiting.

New York, New York
National Processing Centre

Update - NY
10/05/10 (Day 1)- Sent I-130, I-485, I-693, I-765, etc
10/08/10 (Day 3)- Documents recieved by Chicago PO Box
10/15/10 (Day 10) - Recieved 3x email/SMS notifications
10/16/10 (Day 11) - Checks cashed
10/19/10 (Day 14) - NOA x 3 recieved in mail
10/25/10 (Day 20) - Recieved Biometrics appointment in mail for 11/17
10/26/10 (Day 21) - Did Walk In Biometrics
10/27/10 (Day 22) - Soft LUD
12/17/10 (Day 72) - STILL WAITING for IL and EAD....

From what I have read I think I have to wait til 90 days after package recieved until I can contact them and ask where its at because thats there "average" turn around time.

Congreats Silvermug! My interview is on monday and also in Buffalo and I hope I can come back with good news too, even though I am a visa waiver overstay.. I did however get married while I was still in status, so I still have high hopes for that interview.

Today, I got an email... Card Production ordered for my EAD lol.. GC will probably come before that haha
Thank you. I wish you all the luck on your interview!

@mimi -- Thank you! Yes, as nerve-racking as it is... I really hope everyone's interviews go smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got word from USCIS after over a month of waiting... EAD and AP approved. Still no interview letter... I hope it will come soon.

Congrats all who had received their interview letters.
Yesterday EAD finally got approved. Hope we get the interview letter soon.

msun79- congrats for your bio letter, get your FP done ASAP.

Ah! We received IL in the mail yesterday for 01/20/2011 and we received the EAD today in the mail

Best Wishes on your interview tomorrow!!!!

Here is my timeline - seems others from early October have gotten there IL and EAD. Im still waiting.

New York, New York
National Processing Centre

Update - NY
10/05/10 (Day 1)- Sent I-130, I-485, I-693, I-765, etc
10/08/10 (Day 3)- Documents recieved by Chicago PO Box
10/15/10 (Day 10) - Recieved 3x email/SMS notifications
10/16/10 (Day 11) - Checks cashed
10/19/10 (Day 14) - NOA x 3 recieved in mail
10/25/10 (Day 20) - Recieved Biometrics appointment in mail for 11/17
10/26/10 (Day 21) - Did Walk In Biometrics
10/27/10 (Day 22) - Soft LUD
12/17/10 (Day 72) - STILL WAITING for IL and EAD....

From what I have read I think I have to wait til 90 days after package recieved until I can contact them and ask where its at because thats there "average" turn around time.

Dont worry you should get it soon, Hopefully before the holidays!!! Best Wishes!

Congrats hun!! So happy for you, haven't received any EAD or online updates, but my interview is in 25 days, sooooooooooo nervous and excited....so happy for you!! Now you can have a truly Happy Holiday!! I have a question though, do you know how long you have to wait before you can apply for citizenship? Did they give you a temporary green card or a normal one. Does anyone know if they only give temporary ones?

Just updating my time line and sharing my interview experience this morning.

09/24/2010 - Application packet sent.
10/07/2010 - USCIS receipt notices received.
10/12/2010 - Biometrics appointment notice received (I-485 and I-131)
10/22/2010 - Touched.
10/27/2010 - Biometrics done.
11/13/2010 - Received interview appointment letter for 12/16/2010.
12/11/2010 - Received AP.
12/16/2010 - Interview. GC approved.
12/16/2010 - Soft LUD on EAP. It says they sent me something on the mail on 12/15/2010. Whatever it is, I'd think the GC will supersede it.

Interview time was 11:15AM. I arrived at 11:00 and my husband arrived at 11:10. Our attorney arrived just after him.

There was a couple at the waiting room but I think their interview time was later than us. After about 15minutes at the waiting area, we were called in by a gentleman. He was serious looking (from a glance). I was so nervous, I could not look at him directly.

We were in a room, all four of us and then he asked us to raise our hands to tell nothing but the truth. Haha. He first asked me questions about my application. Address, SSN, last date of entry into the US, if I have ever been arrested, convicted, committed criminal act, and other things suggesting unlawful act/behavior. And then my husband was asked for his basic info (he was not asked about the criminal stuff).

After that, he asked how we met. My husband and I started talking about the place where we first met. And then he asked what we were doing there. He seemed to be looking at our application while we were narrating things. And then, he asked for evidences proving our relationship.

I showed the following:
1) My husband's car insurance with my name on it
2) Lease agreement with me included on it
3) Print out from Sprint showing both our lines on a single account
4) Last bank statement of our shared account
5) Letter from my employer showing that I added my husband in my Life Insurance
6) Letter from the bank stating our shared credit card

And then I said, "That's all I have.". Then the officer said, "This is more than enough. Ok, I'm going to photocopy these and be right back."

He was out for few minutes and we were all talking there in the room while he was out. Our lawyer was trying to make us feel more relaxed because I told her that I was nervous. So she and my husband were joking around.

When the officer came back, he said, "You are approved. You will receive the card in about a week." I was so shocked that I could not say a thing. They did not ask us much.

My husband asked about the effective date of the approval because our application for mortgage was pending because of that. The officer said it's effective right away.

I was still a little bit surprised right after that so we talked for a few minutes at the waiting area with the lawyer. What the next steps are and what I can expect. Things of such nature.

I hope this experience helps. Good luck!

Congrats hun!! So happy for you, haven't received any EAD or online updates, but my interview is in 25 days, sooooooooooo nervous and excited....so happy for you!! Now you can have a truly Happy Holiday!! I have a question though, do you know how long you have to wait before you can apply for citizenship? Did they give you a temporary green card or a normal one. Does anyone know if they only give temporary ones?

If you get the GC through family you have to wait 3 years before applying for citizienship, through work is 5 years. They give you a temporary GC if you're getting it through marriage and it is less than 2 years (or 3? can't remember now) that you're married and within 90 days from the 2-year anniversary since you got the conditional GC you have to file a form along with your spouse to show that there is still an ongoing marital union and to remove the conditional approval.
Hope this helps

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11-05-2010 Received appointment for biometrics (11/19)
11-15-2010 LUD I-485
11-19-2010 Biometrics done (appt)
11-19-2010 LUD I-130 and I-765
12-06-2010 Got IL for 01-06-11 :)

Congrats to everyone who have gotten some "early Christmas presents". My dad and I got our EAD cards yesterday, which is really exciting for us. We're going to go to the SSA to apply for our SSN's tomorrow.

Good luck on your interview, KussyPoo! I can't imagine how nervous you are right now. Our interview is 10 days away and I'm getting some serious butterflies.

Annina, are you sure that we only have to wait 3 years if we file through family? I thought it was only for people who adjust through marriage, the rest of us have to wait 5 years. I'd love it if I were wrong through ;)