Any October 2010 filers yet?

We're bringing all paychecks, an up to date Letter of Employment, life- and health insurance papers & cards, dog registration papers (because we're both listed as his owners on there), marriage certificates, birth certificates, tax returns from the last 3 years, a photoalbum with 150 pictures of us, family and friends together throughout the years, our AT&T contract, affidavits from friends, letters we wrote each other during army basic- and job training, cards we received that address both of us.. I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of it now lol. Hubby has a veeeryyyy bad memory, so the only thing I have to train him on is remembering my mom's birthday lol

yehhh got IL today for feb 3rd. no update online and no news for EAD. mimi0418 and kurlann congrats on ur IL. plz keep update about your interview everyone.

I'm not waiting for my EAD anymore, my interview is on monday already, so whatever.. lol. Hubby and I are going to Buffalo (which is 3 hours from us) on sunday already, so we don't get stuck in a snowstorm and so we can have a look at the Niagara Falls :D Hopefully I'll get approved, it'll be my birthday and it would forever ruin it if I got denied :(
Congrats to everyone who got their IL and EAD, Looking forward to hear from all the upcoming interview experiences!

yehhh got IL today for feb 3rd. no update online and no news for EAD. mimi0418 and kurlann congrats on ur IL. plz keep update about your interview everyone.

Definitely will...Congrats on your IL!!!!! We will all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

I'm not waiting for my EAD anymore, my interview is on monday already, so whatever.. lol. Hubby and I are going to Buffalo (which is 3 hours from us) on sunday already, so we don't get stuck in a snowstorm and so we can have a look at the Niagara Falls :D Hopefully I'll get approved, it'll be my birthday and it would forever ruin it if I got denied :(
Congrats to everyone who got their IL and EAD, Looking forward to hear from all the upcoming interview experiences!

Hey Kussypoo, once you get your GC..EAD is null and void so it purpose would be useless. Great idea for getting a headstart on location as getting stuck would not be very good at all....lol. I wish you all the best and I know you will receive the best BD present ever your GC!!!! Let us know how it went okay!!!

:) great idea, we are having some good snow in the areas outside Buffalo and more snow ir forcasted in the next days! .....and Niagara Falls during winter have a special charm! :)

Good luck with your interview and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Did you call Melana? Dont worry too much as I think the NY office is a bit slower than the rest. You will hear something soon. Best wishes!!!

hey Mimi, i got my interview letter finally, and EAD production status so i'm finally happy lol )))))

Thanks Claudiahel and congratulations for getting IL, i hope everything works good for you.

Annina and Athalie congratulations guys i am so happy at least you guys got IL and your case will wrap up in Jan.

Dauda any update at your side??????? well lets see how long we have to wait...........

Mimi0418 its so cool that you at least got EAD. no one among us got the EAD so far. congrats...

Low and behold, I came back to the house today and my EAD was in the mailbox. no email/text alerts..nothing. My status online still says initial review..Hang in there I am sure u will get yours in no time..keep us updated..GLTA

Low and behold, I came back to the house today and my EAD was in the mailbox. no email/text alerts..nothing. My status online still says initial review..Hang in there I am sure u will get yours in no time..keep us updated..GLTA

Congrats!!!! Same thing happened to me. I did not receive any notifications regarding the EAD and of course the online status has not been changed.

Congrats!!!! Same thing happened to me. I did not receive any notifications regarding the EAD and of course the online status has not been changed.

Got interview letter yday. Set for Jan 17th...Good Luck everyone...

Updating the timeline, EAD Card production ordered. Finally!! Nice to see everyone's progress, seems to be mostly smooth sailing for the October filers.

Hi all!
I am also an October filer... sent AOS package 10/12 to adjust status from TN status to green card. Married my USC husband in September. My case has been sent to MSC (National Benefits Center) for processing... biometrics done last month, no update about EAD, AP or interview yet. Seems like I have about the same timeline as many of you here, except I haven't heard anything!!! My timeline is as follows...

Applying from Hartford, CT
10/08/10: AOS package (I-130, I-131, I-765, I-485) sent to Chicago Lockbox
10/12/10: AOS package received, checks cashed
10/20/10: NOA's x 4
10/30/10: Biometrics letter received
11/05/10: Soft LUD I-130, I-131
11/12/10: Biometrics done in Hartford CT
11/15/10: Soft LUD I-485, I-765

...and nothing since then! No RFE's, no updated status online, no letters in the mail... getting worried. Everyone else seems to be hearing back from USCIS! Anyone else have their package sent to the National Benefits Center (MSC) for processing? I thought for sure mine would be sent to VSC, since I am applying from CT. Is it bad that mine got sent to MSC? I can't seem to find a concrete answer online on whether that's a bad thing or not.

Good luck to those waiting, and congrats to those with interviews already... WOW!!

Just updating my time line and sharing my interview experience this morning.

09/24/2010 - Application packet sent.
10/07/2010 - USCIS receipt notices received.
10/12/2010 - Biometrics appointment notice received (I-485 and I-131)
10/22/2010 - Touched.
10/27/2010 - Biometrics done.
11/13/2010 - Received interview appointment letter for 12/16/2010.
12/11/2010 - Received AP.
12/16/2010 - Interview. GC approved.
12/16/2010 - Soft LUD on EAP. It says they sent me something on the mail on 12/15/2010. Whatever it is, I'd think the GC will supersede it.

Interview time was 11:15AM. I arrived at 11:00 and my husband arrived at 11:10. Our attorney arrived just after him.

There was a couple at the waiting room but I think their interview time was later than us. After about 15minutes at the waiting area, we were called in by a gentleman. He was serious looking (from a glance). I was so nervous, I could not look at him directly.

We were in a room, all four of us and then he asked us to raise our hands to tell nothing but the truth. Haha. He first asked me questions about my application. Address, SSN, last date of entry into the US, if I have ever been arrested, convicted, committed criminal act, and other things suggesting unlawful act/behavior. And then my husband was asked for his basic info (he was not asked about the criminal stuff).

After that, he asked how we met. My husband and I started talking about the place where we first met. And then he asked what we were doing there. He seemed to be looking at our application while we were narrating things. And then, he asked for evidences proving our relationship.

I showed the following:
1) My husband's car insurance with my name on it
2) Lease agreement with me included on it
3) Print out from Sprint showing both our lines on a single account
4) Last bank statement of our shared account
5) Letter from my employer showing that I added my husband in my Life Insurance
6) Letter from the bank stating our shared credit card

And then I said, "That's all I have.". Then the officer said, "This is more than enough. Ok, I'm going to photocopy these and be right back."

He was out for few minutes and we were all talking there in the room while he was out. Our lawyer was trying to make us feel more relaxed because I told her that I was nervous. So she and my husband were joking around.

When the officer came back, he said, "You are approved. You will receive the card in about a week." I was so shocked that I could not say a thing. They did not ask us much.

My husband asked about the effective date of the approval because our application for mortgage was pending because of that. The officer said it's effective right away.

I was still a little bit surprised right after that so we talked for a few minutes at the waiting area with the lawyer. What the next steps are and what I can expect. Things of such nature.

I hope this experience helps. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Silvermug, many congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I'm really glad for you and hopefully my interview and the other's will go as smoothly as yours :) Great Xmas gift :)

There is nothing wrong with MSC office or no be able to find info online. If it makes you feel better call the 1800 number sometimes they are very helpful.