Any November filers?

Hi everybody:

Many years of waiting, finally, they ordered my greencard today. Want to take this opportunity to thank everyone has helped me out and shared our problems together in this forum and thread. And wish all the luck to you of getting your EAD and Green Card, etc. I'll still hang around here if you have any questions which you would like to share.

All the best,

Eleanor :)

Hi eleanor
Big Hug and Congratulation

I've been wanting to post on this board for such a long time and was unable to until I changed my email account from AOL to Gmail. I'm glad to be on board with all of you and I hope I can contribute positively some how!

Anyway, to update you all on my case. I am a US citizen and filed an I-130 form, accompanied with the G325A, for my wife. November 2nd the VSC received my package and I got a receipt from them January 18th. Unfortunately, my receipt number has not been activated online and when I search for the status of my case nothing pops up. Moreover, since receiving the receipt I have yet to receive any update on what they may require from me.

Are things going smoothly for me, given the inflation of paperwork USC is acquiring, or should I be worried?

Furthermore, would any of you advise any information/paperwork I should be gathering so I can be prepared for the future. Thanks.

Hi YankeeLegend:

For only I-130, it takes quite a while before they are approved.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=VSC

The above is the link from USCIS Vermont Center, which shown that the processing date of I-130 is June 2007. That means it still has few months to wait.

BTW, may I ask you where your wife is? If she is in US, why not filed the AOS? If she is outside of the country, after the I-130 approval Vermont Center will transfer her case to National Visa Center, then it will be another waiting.

All the luck,
:)

My husband and I had our interview today in Pitsburgh,PA. We were married in the US while I was on a student visa (OPT). The interview went very well. Alot of questions were asked. WE vere confident. The officer didnt ask for pictures, cards and so on. At the end we asked "Is she approved?". She said you will hear from us by mail in about 3-4 weeks. But asked me if i know how conditional green card works, and i said no, so she explained me. I thought they told you if approved or denied right at the interview. Do they?

I am worried. Also she told me that I can go home with my Advance PArole if I want to, but i am reading posts here and it says that after you approved you can not use your AP.....what do u think?

Hi Maria1984:

About AO telling the approval or not, I have not much idea. For myself, he didn't tell directly. But my lawyer told me I would get it. The AO didn't stamp on my passport, he said it's too late (after 3:00p.m.) for doing it. In your case, it sounds like she is going to give you an approval. You're just waiting for clearing the name check. It took me 8 days to receive an email of gc order from USCIS.

About leaving the country with AP. My lawyer told me not to. The reason is even we have a greencard to leave this country, the custom still has many questions to ask. So why not wait for a while unless you have any emergency business to attend.

It's just my own opinion. Please consult with a professional before you act upon.

Hi Maria1984:

About AO telling the approval or not, I have not much idea. For myself, he didn't tell directly. But my lawyer told me I would get it. The AO didn't stamp on my passport, he said it's too late (after 3:00p.m.) for doing it. In your case, it sounds like she is going to give you an approval. You're just waiting for clearing the name check. It took me 8 days to receive an email of gc order from USCIS.

About leaving the country with AP. My lawyer told me not to. The reason is even we have a greencard to leave this country, the custom still has many questions to ask. So why not wait for a while unless you have any emergency business to attend.

It's just my own opinion. Please consult with a professional before you act upon.

My name check has cleared already. so this is not an issue

Hi everybody:

Many years of waiting, finally, they ordered my greencard today. Want to take this opportunity to thank everyone has helped me out and shared our problems together in this forum and thread. And wish all the luck to you of getting your EAD and Green Card, etc. I'll still hang around here if you have any questions which you would like to share.

All the best,

Eleanor :)

Congrats Eleanor. I am really happy for you.

Hi YankeeLegend:

For only I-130, it takes quite a while before they are approved.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=VSC

The above is the link from USCIS Vermont Center, which shown that the processing date of I-130 is June 2007. That means it still has few months to wait.

BTW, may I ask you where your wife is? If she is in US, why not filed the AOS? If she is outside of the country, after the I-130 approval Vermont Center will transfer her case to National Visa Center, then it will be another waiting.

All the luck,

Hey Eleanor,

Thanks for the reply :) Your a great contributor to this board!

My wife is outside of this country; Albania to be exact. You think I should prepare anything while I wait?

Hey Eleanor,

Thanks for the reply :) Your a great contributor to this board!

My wife is outside of this country; Albania to be exact. You think I should prepare anything while I wait?

Hi YankeeLegend:

As I recall from other threads, once you get your wife I-130 approval, you may apply the K visa, etc. About the details please look into CP - Consular Processing and try to share your story in that particular forum. I am so sorry I am lack of the information of CP since I am AOS - Adjustment of Status in US.

For preparation. As a sponsor, you must have either:

i) 3 years of W2, 1040, tax transcript, social security statement; recent pay stubs (not mandatory) and employment letter for affidavit support.

ii) 5 times or more of the poverty line safing if you have other reason not being employed.

Your income ought to be above 125% of the poverty line. USCIS issues the poverty guidelines annually, http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf.

This link http://www.immspec.com/consular-processing-requirements.htm is the simple info for CP.

All the best,

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to you. On other note I hope I get my interview letter soon.

Hi Nov30filer:

I hope you'll have your interview letter soon also. Have you tried to call them or make an infopass to enquire of how long to take them of issuing an interview letter? This way, at least, will have a better idea on what is going. Meanwhile, I have a feeling sometimes if a case has a slight issue, they are kind of putting it aside till you make your effort to contact them.

Just a thought. Please don't mind.

All the luck,

Hi Dakazn:

How is your infopass? Will you have it soon? Hope you'll have your EAD soon.

congratulations ELEANOR, enjoy the new life.
i havent posted for a while cos i am still stuck because of RFE. hopefully things will be moving faster soon.
I HAVE A QUESTION THOUGH, SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPENED I NEVER RECEIVED A RFE FOR MY I-765 AND SOMEHOW THEY EMAILED ME YESTERDAY SAYING THAT THEY RECEIVED MY RESPONSE TO THE RFE AND THAT THE CASE HAS RESUMED. THE ONLY RFE THAT I HAD WAS ON DECEMBER AND THEY RECEIVED MY RESPONSE ON JAN 15. THAT'S REALLY AWKWARD, ANYBODY HAS AN IDEA WHY, DOES IT USUALLY HAPPEN THIS WAY.???

DO : NEW YORK CITY
11/12/07 : AOS based on marriage to a USC.
12/03/07 : NOA received for I-485/I-130/I-765.
RD : November 20, 2007
ND : November 28, 2007
12/04/07 : FP notice
12/20/07 : FP appointment
12/17/07 : RFE mailed from USCIS
12/20/07 : FP done AND LUD for i-485 and i-765
01/15/07 : RFE received and case processing has resumed
01/24/07 : LUD i-485
02/21/07 : RFE received for i-765 and case processing has resumed.
waiting....

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations ELEANOR, enjoy the new life.
i havent posted for a while cos i am still stuck because of RFE. hopefully things will be moving faster soon.
I HAVE A QUESTION THOUGH, SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPENED I NEVER RECEIVED A RFE FOR MY I-765 AND SOMEHOW THEY EMAILED ME YESTERDAY SAYING THAT THEY RECEIVED MY RESPONSE TO THE RFE AND THAT THE CASE HAS RESUMED. THE ONLY RFE THAT I HAD WAS ON DECEMBER AND THEY RECEIVED MY RESPONSE ON JAN 15. THAT'S REALLY AWKWARD, ANYBODY HAS AN IDEA WHY, DOES IT USUALLY HAPPEN THIS WAY.???

DO : NEW YORK CITY
11/12/07 : AOS based on marriage to a USC.
12/03/07 : NOA received for I-485/I-130/I-765.
RD : November 20, 2007
ND : November 28, 2007
12/04/07 : FP notice
12/20/07 : FP appointment
12/17/07 : RFE mailed from USCIS
12/20/07 : FP done AND LUD for i-485 and i-765
01/15/07 : RFE received and case processing has resumed
01/24/07 : LUD i-485
02/21/07 : RFE received for i-765 and case processing has resumed.
waiting....

Hi Bourne24:

Thanks. I hope so.

As I remember my lawyer told me many months ago, if I got a RFE, it would delay AP, EAD, and interview date. So I assume that's why you got the email of your EAD. Hope you'll get everything done soon.

Good luck.