Any November filers?

Hi all
Today I called FBI and found out my FP has been cleared and sent to USCIS.
You will need to provide your A-number when calling the FBI at 304-625-5590. A representative may be able to tell you when the fingerprint check result was sent back to the USCIS or clear. For me it was just 24 hrs after my biometric appointment. They don't deal with background check or name clearance.......so don't ask. It was pleasant experience to talk somebody in FBI:D

Good work.

hi

Hi Aqualove
Its longtime to see any mail from you

Hi there,
sorry I did not have much time to check the forum. I have not yet receive IL. They said Charlotte is one of the slowest DO :( hope it's not true. By the way, congrats to Eleanor!
Dakazn, hope you will receive the EAD before deadline.

Hi all
Today I called FBI and found out my FP has been cleared and sent to USCIS.
You will need to provide your A-number when calling the FBI at 304-625-5590. A representative may be able to tell you when the fingerprint check result was sent back to the USCIS or clear. For me it was just 24 hrs after my biometric appointment. They don't deal with background check or name clearance.......so don't ask. It was pleasant experience to talk somebody in FBI:D

I am sorry to say that FP clearance has nothing to do with namecheck. Fingerprints will clear immediately as you said, but the namecheck problem comes after that. If you have a case where you have passed the interview but the officer refrains from stamping your passport or says some checks are ongoing, then you are in the middle of namecheck problem. I have experienced this with spouse's naturalization case and it is really exhausting. If you happen to have such a problem (I hope nobody would) please refer to separate threads in this portal

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681

and to this website:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to say that FP clearance has nothing to do with namecheck. Fingerprints will clear immediately as you said, but the namecheck problem comes after that. If you have a case where you have passed the interview but the officer refrains from stamping your passport or says some checks are ongoing, then you are in the middle of namecheck problem. I have experienced this with spouse's naturalization case and it is really exhausting. If you happen to have such a problem (I hope nobody would) please refer to separate threads in this portal and to this website:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check

I totally agree, but FP clearance do play role is approval of 765 and 131. Then 485 depends on name check

I totally agree, but FP clearance do play role is approval of 765 and 131. Then 485 depends on name check

Ideally FP clearance does play a role in I765 but there have been cases where people receive EAD and haven't yet done FP. All that happens is that the section on the right hand side of the EAD card that usually shows the FP is blank.

But I do agree with what you just said.

Ideally FP clearance does play a role in I765 but there have been cases where people receive EAD and haven't yet done FP. All that happens is that the section on the right hand side of the EAD card that usually shows the FP is blank.

But I do agree with what you just said.

Hi Maggyban

there is no defined consistency in processing. I think USCIS have upto some level of flexibility in processing the individual cases. It becomes choice of IO or application processing officer. Thats why we see variations

Hi Maggyban

there is no defined consistency in processing. I think USCIS have upto some level of flexibility in processing the individual cases. It becomes choice of IO or application processing officer. Thats why we see variations

True. Have you been hearing anything else from the USCIS about your case?

Looking for method to get in touch with IO on phone

Hi Everybody
My EAD is taking more time than 90 days. I am trying to reach uscis by phone and unable to cross customer service rep to get IO. Customer service has just no updated information other than u see online. Please let me know how I can get IO on phone, what should I ask

Hi Everybody
My EAD is taking more time than 90 days. I am trying to reach uscis by phone and unable to cross customer service rep to get IO. Customer service has just no updated information other than u see online. Please let me know how I can get IO on phone, what should I ask

Do you think an infopass will help?

Do you think an infopass will help?

Trying to do that, but I think DO they are not dealing with it, so when you click the option EAD related issues for appointment the website display no appointment available. When try with some other option it will show appointments. I don't know its good to put wrong information for appointment

Trying to do that, but I think DO they are not dealing with it, so when you click the option EAD related issues for appointment the website display no appointment available. When try with some other option it will show appointments. I don't know its good to put wrong information for appointment

Wow they are that busy? You know you can visit somewhere else. If there is another office in the NC area...maybe Greensboro or somewhere in SC you can go there. Don't know exactly how far awy you live though.

Wow they are that busy? You know you can visit somewhere else. If there is another office in the NC area...maybe Greensboro or somewhere in SC you can go there. Don't know exactly how far awy you live though.

I am making an appointment and visiting them soon. Let see what happen

I've been wanting to post on this board for such a long time and was unable to until I changed my email account from AOL to Gmail. I'm glad to be on board with all of you and I hope I can contribute positively some how!

Anyway, to update you all on my case. I am a US citizen and filed an I-130 form, accompanied with the G325A, for my wife. November 2nd the VSC received my package and I got a receipt from them January 18th. Unfortunately, my receipt number has not been activated online and when I search for the status of my case nothing pops up. Moreover, since receiving the receipt I have yet to receive any update on what they may require from me.

Are things going smoothly for me, given the inflation of paperwork USC is acquiring, or should I be worried?

Furthermore, would any of you advise any information/paperwork I should be gathering so I can be prepared for the future. Thanks.

Green Card interview.

My husband and I had our interview today in Pitsburgh,PA. We were married in the US while I was on a student visa (OPT). The interview went very well. Alot of questions were asked. WE vere confident. The officer didnt ask for pictures, cards and so on. At the end we asked "Is she approved?". She said you will hear from us by mail in about 3-4 weeks. But asked me if i know how conditional green card works, and i said no, so she explained me. I thought they told you if approved or denied right at the interview. Do they?

I am worried. Also she told me that I can go home with my Advance PArole if I want to, but i am reading posts here and it says that after you approved you can not use your AP.....what do u think?

Finally, Greencard Approved!!!

Hi everybody:

Many years of waiting, finally, they ordered my greencard today. Want to take this opportunity to thank everyone has helped me out and shared our problems together in this forum and thread. And wish all the luck to you of getting your EAD and Green Card, etc. I'll still hang around here if you have any questions which you would like to share.

All the best,

Eleanor :)