Any November filers?

EAD problem

I went to DO to talk about my EAD status. The IO told me the local offices are not dealing with the I765 and they are also not issuing interim EAD document. He just provided me just very general information that I will get my card in 2 weeks based on my RD. My H1 B is expiring on end of Feb and my employer told me not to come to work till I 'll get my original EAD card (even approval notice is also not sufficient.
I was trying to call USCIS and asking the Cust Rep to transfer me to IO in NBC but they are not doing that, and just reading the online information thats all. when I requested to put my SR for I765 they said 16 more days to wait for that.
One additional thing the Cust Rep told me 90 days are only working days, So i have to take out the weekends and holidays to make the exact calculation (very interesting information, every time they will give you new criteria)
Any suggestion how to contact and talk.
Its hard to drive again and again to DO as it is 3 hrs driving and also not useful.

I went to DO to talk about my EAD status. The IO told me the local offices are not dealing with the I765 and they are also not issuing interim EAD document. He just provided me just very general information that I will get my card in 2 weeks based on my RD. My H1 B is expiring on end of Feb and my employer told me not to come to work till I 'll get my original EAD card (even approval notice is also not sufficient.
I was trying to call USCIS and asking the Cust Rep to transfer me to IO in NBC but they are not doing that, and just reading the online information thats all. when I requested to put my SR for I765 they said 16 more days to wait for that.
One additional thing the Cust Rep told me 90 days are only working days, So i have to take out the weekends and holidays to make the exact calculation (very interesting information, every time they will give you new criteria)
Its hard to drive again and again to DO as it is 3 hrs driving and also not useful.

I am very very sorry about this issue. I do hope someone with some experience can shed some light. Keep strong and if I find out anything I will let you know.

Dear Dakazn,
If I were you I would write a letter to NBC. I have a long experience with USCIS due to family members, so believe me it does not hurt to press them in writing.

Write a letter explaining your situation, that you filed I-765 and received the notice, but there is no action taken etc. Put all the necessary personal information in the letter

I also think that it would be helpful to enclose another copy of your I-765 application. So add in the letter that you are sending another copy for their information. It is very common for USCIS to misplace forms after they received.

Keep copies of this letter and any response that you get. You might need them in case you need to file a lawsuit.

I hope this helps.

Hi Dakazn:

So sorry to hear you stuck into this situation. I have a feelings your IO forget your case since you've never posted your LUD - EAD. On my EAD, it valids from Jan 5, 2008. I received my LUD - EAD on Jan 9, 2008. They mailed it on Jan 11, 2008. And I received the phycial card around 14 or 15th.

Suggestion:

Ask for speaking to the IO who handling your case. Tell them without the EAD you'll lose your job and your expected baby is coming very soon. Without the job you'll lose your insurance. Please beg them. Call them everyday even three times or more a day. You have to get hold of the IO to beg of him to give a mercy to look into your case seriously and desperately need a EAD to maintain the living. Please be strong, and not get into depress mode.

About the 90 days. Ignore what they say. Ask for supervisor and IO. Ask them why your fingerprint has already approved and your case has closed to 90 days still without receiving EAD.

GOD bless you.

Hi Nov30filer:

I hope you'll have your interview letter soon also. Have you tried to call them or make an infopass to enquire of how long to take them of issuing an interview letter? This way, at least, will have a better idea on what is going. Meanwhile, I have a feeling sometimes if a case has a slight issue, they are kind of putting it aside till you make your effort to contact them.

Just a thought. Please don't mind.

All the luck,
:)

Hi Eleanor,

What should i ask them when i call them? I called them 10 days ago he just looked at my field office processing times and said that they are currently processing Dec 2006 cases. Basically he just told me to wait.

How do i get through and talk to somebody who is more knowledgeable and tells me what exactly is going on with my case.

and which option to select while creating an infopass...there are like 4 options right.

Thanks

Washington DC field office is not accepting any kind of appointments.

Can i try and get appointment to some other field office?

i travel to KY a lot, they are accepting appointments at their office in Louisville,KY.
is it a good idea to get an appointment there??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dakazn:

So sorry to hear you stuck into this situation. I have a feelings your IO forget your case since you've never posted your LUD - EAD. On my EAD, it valids from Jan 5, 2008. I received my LUD - EAD on Jan 9, 2008. They mailed it on Jan 11, 2008. And I received the phycial card around 14 or 15th.

Suggestion:

Ask for speaking to the IO who handling your case. Tell them without the EAD you'll lose your job and your expected baby is coming very soon. Without the job you'll lose your insurance. Please beg them. Call them everyday even three times or more a day. You have to get hold of the IO to beg of him to give a mercy to look into your case seriously and desperately need a EAD to maintain the living. Please be strong, and not get into depress mode.

About the 90 days. Ignore what they say. Ask for supervisor and IO. Ask them why your fingerprint has already approved and your case has closed to 90 days still without receiving EAD.

GOD bless you.
Hi eleanor
i tried couple of times today and eventually able to put SR to expedite my case based on family and job hardships.

Dear Dakazn,
If I were you I would write a letter to NBC. I have a long experience with USCIS due to family members, so believe me it does not hurt to press them in writing.

Write a letter explaining your situation, that you filed I-765 and received the notice, but there is no action taken etc. Put all the necessary personal information in the letter

I also think that it would be helpful to enclose another copy of your I-765 application. So add in the letter that you are sending another copy for their information. It is very common for USCIS to misplace forms after they received.

Keep copies of this letter and any response that you get. You might need them in case you need to file a lawsuit.

I hope this helps.
I will do this also soon
Thanks

Hi Eleanor,

What should i ask them when i call them? I called them 10 days ago he just looked at my field office processing times and said that they are currently processing Dec 2006 cases. Basically he just told me to wait.

How do i get through and talk to somebody who is more knowledgeable and tells me what exactly is going on with my case.

and which option to select while creating an infopass...there are like 4 options right.

Thanks

Hi Kalyan2002:

Sorry for the late reply. I have never applied an infopass. So I don't know what exactly can be done. Can anybody share their experience on this subject?