Any November filers?

Hi everyone:

Thanks for everyone support.

My appointment was 1:30p.m. Waiting an hour upstairs. Adjudication Officer called my name and we went to his office. We took an oath. He started asking for my passport, entrance visa, I-94, birth certificate, 2006 W2 & tax return; my father's passport; co-sponsor ID. He asked what kind of job I have, comitted any crimes, got arrested, etc... I kept say no, no, no. The last question he asked me whether I watched footfall. And I said yes. :D AO explained that he wanted to make sure I am not answering subconsciously. I read something like that from other threads about this tricky question. The end he said it's too late, after 3:00p.m., to stamp on my passport.

After we left his office, my lawyer explained to me that this AO is very rigid for the whole process. He said if everything's fine, I'll receive welcome letter and gc within a month.

Still waiting.......... :cool:

Congratulations!!!!

Hi everyone:

My appointment was 1:30p.m. Waiting an hour upstairs. Adjudication Officer called my name and we went to his office. We took an oath. He started asking for my passport, entrance visa, I-94, birth certificate, 2006 W2 & tax return; my father's passport; co-sponsor ID. He asked what kind of job I have, comitted any crimes, got arrested, etc... I kept say no, no, no. The last question he asked me whether I watched footfall. And I said yes. :D AO explained that he wanted to make sure I am not answering subconsciously. I read something like that from other threads about this tricky question. The end he said it's too late, after 3:00p.m., to stamp on my passport.

After we left his office, my lawyer explained to me that this AO is very rigid for the whole process. He said if everything's fine, I'll receive welcome letter and gc within a month.

Still waiting.......... :cool:

You got it Eleanor;)....don't worry about it......your GC is on its way. :cool:

I'm sure you will hear about your approval in a few days....sit tight..:)

Hi everyone:

My appointment was 1:30p.m. Waiting an hour upstairs. Adjudication Officer called my name and we went to his office. We took an oath. He started asking for my passport, entrance visa, I-94, birth certificate, 2006 W2 & tax return; my father's passport; co-sponsor ID. He asked what kind of job I have, comitted any crimes, got arrested, etc... I kept say no, no, no.

I apologize for barging in. I got 1 quick question, Eleanor, if you don't mind. Do we have to bring the "original" birth certificate to the interview? Will a certified copy suffice?
Thank you
Greg

Hello,
Should I make an infopass appointment or wait a few more weeks?

These are my dates:

10/27/07 Sent I-485/130/131/864/G325a to Chicago
11/2/07 Got 797C for 130/131/485
11/7/07 Got FP appointment
11/15/07 Got RIE
11/15/07 Sent RIE
11/30/07 FP appointment
12/5/07 Web page update RIE recieved case resuming

No more letters or updates until now.

Thanks

Hello,

These are my dates:

11/15/07 Got RIE
11/15/07 Sent RIE
11/30/07 FP appointment

Thanks

Did you file I765 also. If so, then its more than 90 days for EAD. U can make appointment to check status of this.
Its a mixed response for processing, someone getting quiet early appointments and other are waiting. So no harm in checking

I apologize for barging in. I got 1 quick question, Eleanor, if you don't mind. Do we have to bring the "original" birth certificate to the interview? Will a certified copy suffice?
Thank you
Greg

Hi GMorgan:

Yes, you have to bring an orginal birth certificate, including you and sponsor. Since my father, sponsor, that generation has no birth certificate, it was during civil war, the AO let go of that one. About your ceritifed copy. Unless you have a good excuse, I highly suggested that you should consult with your lawyer or other people.

All the best,:)

Hi GMorgan:

Yes, you have to bring an orginal birth certificate, including you and sponsor. Since my father, sponsor, that generation has no birth certificate, it was during civil war, the AO let go of that one. About your ceritifed copy. Unless you have a good excuse, I highly suggested that you should consult with your lawyer or other people.

All the best,:)

Thank you Eleanor, and Congratulations!
Well, the only good excuse I got is that I am afraid that it will be lost in the mail if I ask my parents to airmail it to me :) It would be great if they let us use something like a certified copy by government official.

Thank you Eleanor, and Congratulations!
Well, the only good excuse I got is that I am afraid that it will be lost in the mail if I ask my parents to airmail it to me :) It would be great if they let us use something like a certified copy by government official.

Hi GMorgan:

I did lose my original birth certificate before I filed my application. I applied it right away and my government issued me a certified copy with official stamp. And my AO accepted it.

Hope it'll be helpful. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

These are my dates:

11/15/07 Got RIE
11/15/07 Sent RIE
11/30/07 FP appointment

Thanks

Hi Tjgraficas:

I agree with Dakazn. Web update doesn't mean everything. It's been too long. Make an infopass to follow up right away. Sometimes USCIS does mess things up.

Good luck.

RFE Update

Hello guys,
last week I had mentioned that USCIS did not confirm my evidence. Some suggested me to wait a bit. USCIS told me to wait at leat 60 days. But I preferred to re-send the materials. And finally I got the e-mail that they got them.
Rule of thumb: it pays to follow-up with USCIS, and it does not hurt to re-send whatever they want.
I have a long and bad experience with my wife towards naturalization. The name check issue made us wait for 2 years, she finally got naturalized after we filed a federal lawsuit.
As far as I see from the timelines here, things work well for people. But cross your fingers and be proactive. I know some people are waiting after their interview due to namecheck problem, so hopefully we will not bump into that.
Cheers!

Hello guys,
last week I had mentioned that USCIS did not confirm my evidence. Some suggested me to wait a bit. USCIS told me to wait at leat 60 days. But I preferred to re-send the materials. And finally I got the e-mail that they got them.
Rule of thumb: it pays to follow-up with USCIS, and it does not hurt to re-send whatever they want.
I have a long and bad experience with my wife towards naturalization. The name check issue made us wait for 2 years, she finally got naturalized after we filed a federal lawsuit.
As far as I see from the timelines here, things work well for people. But cross your fingers and be proactive. I know some people are waiting after their interview due to namecheck problem, so hopefully we will not bump into that.
Cheers!

Hi Hornshonking:

Thanks for sharing the story. I hope so. :)

Check your FP staus by FBI

Hi all
Today I called FBI and found out my FP has been cleared and sent to USCIS.
You will need to provide your A-number when calling the FBI at 304-625-5590. A representative may be able to tell you when the fingerprint check result was sent back to the USCIS or clear. For me it was just 24 hrs after my biometric appointment. They don't deal with background check or name clearance.......so don't ask. It was pleasant experience to talk somebody in FBI:D

Hi all
Today I called FBI and found out my FP has been cleared and sent to USCIS.
You will need to provide your A-number when calling the FBI at 304-625-5590. A representative may be able to tell you when the fingerprint check result was sent back to the USCIS or clear. For me it was just 24 hrs after my biometric appointment. They don't deal with background check or name clearance.......so don't ask. It was pleasant experience to talk somebody in FBI:D

Hi Dakazn:

It's good news. Thanks for telling me fingerprint needs to be cleared by FBI. Wow... Do you think if you make an infopass in earlier next week, will it speed up the chance you get your EAD? Just a thought. Please don't mind my nosiness.