Any November filers?

Hi Dakazn:

Thanks for your reply.

Never give up. Call them now if you feel depressed. It's been too long. Explain your situation to them and ask for speaking to your IO or their supervisor for help.

Hang in there. :):):)

God bless you.

Hi eleanor
thanks for support. I 'll check with them soon

Hi Kalyan2002:

It took them 5 days to mail to me.

About the IL, I have no clue. Seems like every applicant has its own timeline to receive it.

About marrying earlier or later, it's a tough call. Without dating for certain period, it's hard to make that decision.

:)

GOOD LUCK with the interview.........God bless you. :):)

Marriage based Green Card

My friend is on F-1 and got married to Student (US Citizen) both are students and not earning but are supported by girl's parents with pending I-485. Is it possible to file I-864 by a person with I-485 pendind approval because of visa retrogression? Is this going to be tough if both are not working during interview? Please advise.

My friend is on F-1 and got married to Student (US Citizen) both are students and not earning but are supported by girl's parents with pending I-485. Is it possible to file I-864 by a person with I-485 pendind approval because of visa retrogression? Is this going to be tough if both are not working during interview? Please advise.

Hi Billofempire:

Actually, my friend had the same situation many years ago while he and his wife were both students without income. His parents filed I-864 for her. I think Bona fide marriage is important than anything, of course, her parents have to show 100% support, for example, living with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone:

Thanks for everyone support.

My appointment was 1:30p.m. Waiting an hour upstairs. Adjudication Officer called my name and we went to his office. We took an oath. He started asking for my passport, entrance visa, I-94, birth certificate, 2006 W2 & tax return; my father's passport; co-sponsor ID. He asked what kind of job I have, comitted any crimes, got arrested, etc... I kept say no, no, no. The last question he asked me whether I watched footfall. And I said yes. :D AO explained that he wanted to make sure I am not answering subconsciously. I read something like that from other threads about this tricky question. The end he said it's too late, after 3:00p.m., to stamp on my passport.

After we left his office, my lawyer explained to me that this AO is very rigid for the whole process. He said if everything's fine, I'll receive welcome letter and gc within a month.

Still waiting.......... :cool:

Hi everyone:

My appointment was 1:30p.m. Waiting an hour upstairs. Adjudication Officer called my name and we went to his office. We took an oath. He started asking for my passport, entrance visa, I-94, birth certificate, 2006 W2 & tax return; my father's passport; co-sponsor ID. He asked what kind of job I have, comitted any crimes, got arrested, etc... I kept say no, no, no. The last question he asked me whether I watched footfall. And I said yes. :D AO explained that he wanted to make sure I am not answering subconsciously. I read something like that from other threads about this tricky question. The end he said it's too late, after 3:00p.m., to stamp on my passport.

After we left his office, my lawyer explained to me that this AO is very rigid for the whole process. He said if everything's fine, I'll receive welcome letter and gc within a month.

Hi Eleaonor
It is clear that you are approved..............congratulation

Hi Dakazn:

So far so good. Just want to get over it. It's been too long for this waiting process. What about you? Any news from them?

Trying to get in touch with IO but customer service people are not letting me go beyond them as they said your RD is 23 NOV and they have processing frame 6 NOV. So I have to wait to pass 90 days. But looking into other cases, I am expecting anytime, but you never know.....so u want to see physically

Trying to get in touch with IO but customer service people are not letting me go beyond them as they said your RD is 23 NOV and they have processing frame 6 NOV. So I have to wait to pass 90 days. But looking into other cases, I am expecting anytime, but you never know.....so u want to see physically

Go after them next week if you still haven't received it. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone:

My instincts are telling me that tomorrow you will see an update on you I130 saying it has been approved...then I485. All the best.