Any May filers around?

Thanks everyone for the good wishes:) ..........Man......I feel like i,m at an award ceremony:cool: ;) ............

Neha.....I'm just the same......go to the uscis website about 5 times a day and visit these forums every 1/2 hour or so:)

Hello all,
I've been reading your posts for a while and decided to join. Has anyone been successful in having the EAD expedited? I was on OPT (expired yesterday and went to my DO(last Friday) and the officer said the only way the case can be expedited is if I can prove I am at risk of loosing my job. So yesterday I got another Infopass and brought the letter from my employer stating that I have 3 weeks to produce a new EAD or they can no longer hold the position. The officer said she would send the email to the NBC requesting them to speed it up (no guarantees).If they do , I will get it this week or next week. Any personal experiences?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,
I've been reading your posts for a while and decided to join. Has anyone been successful in having the EAD expedited? I was on OPT (expired yesterday and went to my DO(last Friday) and the officer said the only way the case can be expedited is if I can prove I am at risk of loosing my job. So yesterday I got another Infopass and brought the letter from my employer stating that I have 3 weeks to produce a new EAD or they can no longer hold the position. The officer said she would send the email to the NBC requesting them to speed it up (no guarantees).If they do , I will get it this week or next week. Any personal experiences?

I had an INFOPASS and went to my DO to try and get my EAD expedited. They told me that they do not fast track EAD's. So I went home sad. I even tried to give the guy some medical reason, but he was like they can only help me if after 90 days I still do not have an EAD.

So I am curious to hear how they deal with you. Write back.

I think the CIS is not regularly updating the online application status. I haven't had a LUD since 21st June...what a bummer,and I've noticed that many of you who have received your ILs still haven't gotten an update online. Did you all get emails notifying the latest development?
USCIS...I need my IL too :)

I think the CIS is not regularly updating the online application status. I haven't had a LUD since 21st June...what a bummer,and I've noticed that many of you who have received your ILs still haven't gotten an update online. Did you all get emails notifying the latest development?
USCIS...I need my IL too :)

Nothing in the mail yet ( and i always check my junk emails too)......no updates so far.......its like they have forgotten or all gone on leave!

Don't worry.....you will get your IL after this 4th july:)

Nothing in the Mail today... no EAD :(

And for those who asked, no I did not receive an email notifying me of the interview letter being sent.

Like I said before I believe you get an email from CRIS only when your case status message changes. :p

Nothing in the Mail today... no EAD :(

And for those who asked, no I did not receive an email notifying me of the interview letter being sent.

Like I said before I believe you get an email from CRIS only when your case status message changes. :p
i wish they did cuz my mail man is a mess i always get other people's mail :(

still dont have anything in the mail :(

No kidding, I'm guessing misdirected mail must be near the top of the list of reasons for why AOS applications are considered abandoned. I read that the USCIS ombudsman suggested the USCIS send notices using certified mail but apparently it's too expensive. (Like our fees are not high enough to cover that!) Another simple thing they could do is send two copies of a notice a couple days apart, in case one gets lost, or improve their online case status system.

I was wondering how many of have been offered to have your green card legal cost and fees paid by your employer, even though you filed based on an immediate relative based petition? Would this be considered unusual?

I would think of it unusual... unless you are on an H1-B visa and they want to make sure you won't leave them once you get your EAD/GC ;) :D so they are trying to sugar-you-up?

NOTE: post # 888 ;)

In my employer's case, we first had a policy where GC expenses had to be paid by the employee, and later it was changed that the company reimburses up to a maximum dollar amount provided the employee stays with the company for a certain period of time (otherwise the reimbursement has to be repaid). The policy did not specify employment vs. family based, but I figured it was a fair bargain anyway. My total cost at just over $900 was much less than the maximum reimbursement, so I guess I could have thrown a lawyer in for free... but why do it the easy way if there's a hard way to do it? ;)

Now that I've received my reimbursement I won't go back and ask for reimbursement of the RFE response postage so I'll have to do it on the cheap. Gone is the return receipt, gone is the big envelope! :D

P.S. After the 1000th post I shall call you iPraetorian!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi May filers!

Can anyone tell me how many days after the fingerprints you usually would get LUDs? My fingerprints were taken 4 days ago (not counting the weekend), and still no LUD. I don't want to get stuck on the name check..:(

thanks

MagdaJ,

I've received a LUD one day after my FP on I-765. Never received a LUD on I-485 since that time, because of my pending RFE. I suppose like me you also had the privilege to search for the little ASC in the strip mall off of Crestway Drive!

Hey Austriacus!

Well the ASC in San Antonio was far below my expectations... I thought it would be some government building... well I was mistaken.
But you say you got your LUD a day after... So what is going on in my case, does it mean I will get stuck on the name check? I keep checking my email and their website a few times a day. :confused:

SO far I haven't received any RFE. Hopefully, I won't receive it.

But like I wrote in my time line, I still haven't received the approval of my I-130 which was approved in May. Called two times and each time got different answers. Not sure if I really need it. I have email notification. Do you know anything about it?

Take care and good night!

Hi May filers!

Can anyone tell me how many days after the fingerprints you usually would get LUDs? My fingerprints were taken 4 days ago (not counting the weekend), and still no LUD. I don't want to get stuck on the name check..:(

thanks

I was wondering about that to after I had mine done and I didn't see a change. I spoke to a customer service agent and she said that they very rarely update or send a notice out after biometrics and that no news is good news. Maybe she was just saying that to make me feel better, I'm not sure.

I remember getting LUD on my fingerprints about the same day they were done. Then a little after another one. But I lost track of how many LUDs I have had a while ago :p I would not worry too much though...

Just wait patiently for your IL. Even if you get no LUD on your I-485 you will get an IL sooner or later. :)