Any May filers around?

YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO............GOT MY INTERVIEW LETTER FOR 18 SEPT AT 2 PM!!!!!!!!:D

Guess today was my lucky day!!!!!No updates though and no news of EAD.:eek: I have a question though......my 7 yr old daughter also got he notice and she has to appear for the interview as well at 1:30 pm.Is that normal????:confused: What would thay ask a kid???

MAY FILERS 2007 INTERVIEW UPDATE:

Handle ----------------- ND --------ID ---------- Result ---- Interview Link
shinkansen ---------- May 02 ----- Jul 26 -------- Pending
PraetorianXI --------- May 08 ----- Aug 07 ------- Pending
mpanati ------------- May 10 ----- Aug 07 ------- Pending
mamtashok ---------- May 08 ----- Aug 09 ------- Pending
adom.2007 ---------- May 14 ----- Aug 27 -------- Pending
Tommy_Chicago ----- May 07 ----- Sept 06 ------- Pending
Tairaesias ----------- May 07 ----- Sept 12 ------- Pending
simsim31 ------------ May 25 ------ Sept 18 ------- Pending

YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO............GOT MY INTERVIEW LETTER FOR 18 SEPT AT 2 PM!!!!!!!!:D

Guess today was my lucky day!!!!!No updates though and no news of EAD.:eek: I have a question though......my 7 yr old daughter also got he notice and she has to appear for the interview as well at 1:30 pm.Is that normal????:confused: What would thay ask a kid???

Congratulations (MAN THE FORUM's SERVER is SLOW today :mad:)

I am glad you finally got yours. I have not checked my mail (maybe I will get my EAD?) but about your kid. I would say bring her along, she may sweeten and tender the IO ;)...

Guess today was my lucky day!!!!!No updates though and no news of EAD.:eek: I have a question though......my 7 yr old daughter also got the notice and she has to appear for the interview as well at 1:30 pm.Is that normal????:confused: What would thay ask a kid???

Wow, great news, simsim :) Congrats! I'm really hoping mine comes soon (I knew you'd get yours first as your NOA is a week before mine). All the best. I guess, they might ask your kid straightforward questions like where do you all live, etc to verify a bonafide marital relationship. Don't worry too much, I'm sure it'll all go well :). Now, lets hope my IL reaches me soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats on your interview.

Hey Congrats Simsim...Now everybody in May getting IL...I am getting more impatient now :mad: ..

Is IL sent by MSC or your own DO? I cant see anybody from my DO :(

Hey Congrats Simsim...Now everybody in May getting IL...I am getting more impatient now :mad: ..When will my lucky day come:confused:

Is IL sent by MSC or your own DO? I cant see anybody from my DO :(

Your interview letter is sent from your District Office I believe.

Thanks Praetorian. But now how can I knw when will I get my IL. There is no one here from my DO:( ...I guess will have to wait...This waiting is hard. I just keep waiting for the mailman to come now a days:eek: ..chk all my junk emails. Read forums almost every half an hour :p

Wish me luck that I get my IL soon...

Neha

Interview?

Wouldn't it be simply awesome if the rest of us waiting for our interview letters get approved without having to attend the interviews? :)

Does this ever happen...in other words approval with no interview????

I filed May 15th and got my NOA on the 22nd. I had my biometrics Jun 8th. My husband (USC) and I have been married for over 2 years and I have maintained my status first as F1 then OPT and then H1B. We didn't file immediately after we were married because we weren't sure if we were going to stay here or go to my home country, Ireland, long term hence why I stayed F1 and H1B. We have 2 children. We filed their birth certificates as well as our joint tax returns for the last 2 years. There is no question of it not being a legitimate marriage. I know if you look online it says its at the discretion of USCIS whether to interview or not but you can just look at our file and know its a good marriage. Is it possible that I could get approved with no interview?

Another question that has been eating at me since I have been reading these boards is timeline things. I have just got a really good job and am waiting on my EAD so I can start (Aug 1st) but if I don't get it in time my employer (an academic institution) is going to apply for a transfer of my H1B. They know the situation and want to wait to see if the EAD will arrive before they apply for the H1B transfer. Will I get my EAD in time or does USCIS like to wait now until you have had an interview and approve the GC first before giving you the EAD?
I just feel like I am in limbo. I just don't want my employer to have to pay for a new H1B when I could have an EAD/GC a few weeks/days later. It seems like a waste.

Sorry about the long post

Try to break down your posts into sentences, paragraphs, general ideas.

It is very cumbersome to try to read that. :rolleyes:

Again, patience is the key ;)

Yeah, I guess it was a little difficult to read. I have tried to fix it.

I know patience is all part of the game. This board is great and informative but sometimes knowing all this info makes me wish I had never found the board as it only makes me more impatient ;)

To cut a long story short, I guess I am wondering under what circumstances would USCIS issue a GC without an interview?? Does anyone know of any occasions this has happened?

To cut a long story short, I guess I am wondering under what circumstances would USCIS issue a GC without an interview?? Does anyone know of any occasions this has happened?

Indeed, yes. Check out other applicants' process that have been approved w/o interviews in visajourney.com, a similar forum like this one. The most recent approval I had read about there was for a May filer. I'm sure there are people in this forum who have had theirs approved w/o the initial interviews as well. Do a search.. I'm certain you'll find the thread/posts. All the best.

Usually is based on factors, like how long have you been married (more than 5 years) do you have children (2 or more), property together (house, boat, insurance, etc).

What visa did the person use. K-1 or K-3.

It IS possible, but NOT common. :cool:

Sound to me like Praetorian is trying to read the thread on his new iphone. :D

Seriously, now you can post here 24/7! And map all our DO locations for us!

One comment I wanted to make (I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not) is that I read on a lawyer's website that the USCIS issued a new regulation that I-485 applications lacking initial evidence are now subject to denial rather than having an RFE issued, by discretion of the IO. This also includes cases that don't have the medical exam package submitted with the original application. This is the same regulation that also makes the length of the RFE response period discretionary rather than a standard 12 weeks (I guess this is really stuff for a July filing thread, not a May filing thread!).

I read on a lawyer's website that the USCIS issued a new regulation that I-485 applications lacking initial evidence are now subject to denial rather than having an RFE issued, by discretion of the IO..
Crap!! Do you have lawyers's website link? Did his website mentioned USCIS link?

Congrats to all who got your interview letters, and I know it sounds backwards but I'm glad I haven't received mine yet (pending travel), pending response to my birth certificate RFE.

I'm slowly getting ready to file my RFE response - trying to time it just right - I was wondering, those of you who sent RFEs with only a couple of pages, did you send it unfolded in a 8 1/2 x 11 size envelope or folded in a standard letter size envelope? I'm planning to send it certified mail but don't think I'll request a return receipt. (should see it online anyway when it arrives ...)

There's information on the flexible RFE/NOID response time rule at Murthy dot com and at The Oh Law Firm, for instance (on the Oh Law firm site scroll down to 6/17). I've seen it discussed in the context of EB immigration but don't see why it would not apply to family based also. The rule actually went into effect 6/16. Murthy also has a link to the final rule published in the Federal Register. Oh has a link to the relevant adjudicator's field manual issued by USCIS.

I was wondering, those of you who sent RFEs with only a couple of pages, did you send it unfolded in a 8 1/2 x 11 size envelope or folded in a standard letter size envelope? I'm planning to send it certified mail but don't think I'll request a return receipt. (should see it online anyway when it arrives ...)

I had around 10 pages ....i used the USPS proirity mail envelope with confirmation ...got there in 2 days ....case then resumed next day

good luck