Any May filers around?

Hi May filers!

Can anyone tell me how many days after the fingerprints you usually would get LUDs? My fingerprints were taken 4 days ago (not counting the weekend), and still no LUD. I don't want to get stuck on the name check..:(

thanks

I had mine on 20th of June and received LUDs on all on the same day and LUDs for I-485 and I-765 again on the day after. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get yours soon.

There is no update in my case, yet. By this, I mean I haven't received the interview letter. I did not register to check my case online. I think that if I were to register online, I'll go to check every other day and will get me impatient. Or should I register?

No kidding, I'm guessing misdirected mail must be near the top of the list of reasons for why AOS applications are considered abandoned. I read that the USCIS ombudsman suggested the USCIS send notices using certified mail but apparently it's too expensive. (Like our fees are not high enough to cover that!) Another simple thing they could do is send two copies of a notice a couple days apart, in case one gets lost, or improve their online case status system.
i hope its not our case

Happy 4th of July, y'all! No LUDs for me today (several others have it...), but am hoping that the IL comes soon. Hope everyone's having a good day :)

I just realised after doing some research that the CIS doesn't issue LUDs to inform us that the cases has been transfered to the local offices in preparation for the Initial interviews, so that leaves us with the last LUDs after the biometrics in most cases. As we already know, others have received their ILs w/o online updates.

Also from your experience, how long does it take typically for the CIS to issue a RFE? Any particular time-frame; is it within 1 month etc. of NOA date?

All the best to us! :)

There is no update in my case, yet. By this, I mean I haven't received the interview letter. I did not register to check my case online. I think that if I were to register online, I'll go to check every other day and will get me impatient. Or should I register?

Register and just do not check. At least you will get emails when something significant happens.

"ignorance is stupid" :p

Go for it...

Happy 4th of July to all of you too. It's probably a more significant July 4th for us now that we've shown "immigrant intent" than other years. Probably even more significant than when ID4 came out. ;) But never as significant as the first year when I saw the fireworks together with my wife (then girlfriend), with the symphony orchestra of my city playing the tune of our university song just before the national anthem!

MagdaJ,

relax, I'm sure everthing will be fine. But as I recall, the I-485 application does say to include a copy of an approved immigrant petition when not filing concurrently, but you don't even have one yet? What's the reason that you filed I-130 first rather than concurrent filing?

I'll be watching your interview date closely so I get an idea when to file my RFE response. I want my ID some time in September for a special reason ...

I was wondering about that to after I had mine done and I didn't see a change. I spoke to a customer service agent and she said that they very rarely update or send a notice out after biometrics and that no news is good news. Maybe she was just saying that to make me feel better, I'm not sure.

I hope she was right... They sometimes give you wrong info like they told my husband at the beginning to file I-130 separately...

I remember getting LUD on my fingerprints about the same day they were done. Then a little after another one. But I lost track of how many LUDs I have had a while ago :p I would not worry too much though...

Just wait patiently for your IL. Even if you get no LUD on your I-485 you will get an IL sooner or later. :)

But anyway guys, thank you for your nice words! I can't wait to see my IL in the mailbox!

Last edited by a moderator:
MagdaJ,

relax, I'm sure everthing will be fine. But as I recall, the I-485 application does say to include a copy of an approved immigrant petition when not filing concurrently, but you don't even have one yet? What's the reason that you filed I-130 first rather than concurrent filing?

I'll be watching your interview date closely so I get an idea when to file my RFE response. I want my ID some time in September for a special reason ...

Hey Austraicus,

the reason why I filed I-130 separately was misinformation. We got married at the end of January and then we were "green" as far as all those immigration issues so we called the customer service and that's what they told us to do: first file I-130 and wait for the approval and then file the rest. That is why we wasted a lot of time.

And as far as applying for AOS, I wrote a little note about not receiving the Approval Notice and included a copy of NOA for I-130 and an email I got from them informing me about my I-130 being approved. Like I said so far I didn't get any RFE so it looks like it was enough for them.

But I still would like to have this approval in my hands. WE called the customer service twice about it, first time they said they had some technical problems sending mail and that they would resend that approval (I didn't get anything again), so 2 days ago we called again and this time they told me to file I-824 to ask for a duplicate and pay $200 fee!!! They must be kidding!!! Okay, if I lost the original, I understand it, but I didn't even get it in the first place! Does anyone know what to do? I guess I will keep calling the customer service until somebody really helps me. :mad:

That stinks for you Magda, maybe making an infopass to your District Office would help? Calling the misinformation line hardly ever results in anything productive. :p

And as far as applying for AOS, I wrote a little note about not receiving the Approval Notice and included a copy of NOA for I-130 and an email I got from them informing me about my I-130 being approved. Like I said so far I didn't get any RFE so it looks like it was enough for them.

But I still would like to have this approval in my hands. :

BUt why do u need the approval in your hands at this point? What difference does it make? If I were you I'd wait till two weeks after your interiew when you will get everything. Dont you think?

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a notice(mail) retuned to CIS as undeliverable?

That's my situation now. My last LUD(06/14) stated :
On June 13, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.

I called customer service to arrange for a re-send. Still havent received any mails yet (it's been over 2 weeks). I called again and I surprise to hear that customer service has no means to check if the notice has been re-sent or not.
The worst is i can't even guess what the content would be.
Any advice as to what my next option is. Thanks

Infopass appointment to your DO. That is what those big fees paid for ;)

Thanks PraetorianXI. I just called thecustomer service again and was told re-sends are within 45 days......which means it's still within the time frame.
what do you think?