Any May filers around?

MagdaJ, keep pushing for your I-130 approval notice. I think infopass appointment is a good idea. If you do get an RFE for it, which I hope you don't, then the clock starts ticking when you need to produce it to them, and with the new flexible RFE rules who knows how little time they would allow you.

I might be slightly paranoid, but figured out just how procedural they are when they asked me for a foreign language translation of my birth certificate, which was already in English. :rolleyes: (Of course they were completely correct that under the law, any document containing words other than English is considered a "foreign language document," and my international birth certificate was issued in 10 languages.)

So did you translate all other 9 languages into english (even though all of them said the same thing?).

Who certified the translation for you? :p

Ha! Praetorian, curious as ever.

No, I am submitting my original birth certificate, in German only, with a translation in English only, certified by my wife's former German high school teacher.

The international one was only issued recently so it looks a lot more crisp and sophisticated. The original one from the 70's looks like I've made it myself on a typewriter. In fact, my translated document looks a lot more official than the original birth certificate, except the typewriter-looking font in my document doesn't look as old as the original one. :D

I'll include an explanation with the RFE that I would like to submit my "other" foreign birth certificate instead of the international one.

Nothing in the mailbox yesterday :( but am being optimistic that the coming week will bring some great news. Hmmm.. haven't gotten my EAD yet, not really surprising since I'm only on day 40 from RD as of today. Good luck people! :)

No, I am submitting my original birth certificate, in German only, with a translation in English only, certified by my wife's former German high school teacher.

The international one was only issued recently so it looks a lot more crisp and sophisticated. In fact, my translated document looks a lot more official than the original birth certificate.

I paid close to $200 for two official notarized copies from a well-known translation service provider in NYC. I could not find anyone I know who's equally proficient in the English language and in Malaysian, heck I'm probably the only Malaysian in Delaware. Too bad.. but oh well... $$$ comes, $$ goes... :rolleyes:

heck I'm probably the only Malaysian in Delaware. Too bad.. but oh well... $$$ comes, $$ goes... :rolleyes:

Hey based on that, you should have applied for US Citizenship.If you could prove that u're the only one of a kind in your state, you deserve to be given USC.. according to me :)

So file N400 ok??

No news of EAD.......nothing in the mail and no updates STILL!!!!!.........somebody shake themand wake them up:mad:

BUt why do u need the approval in your hands at this point? What difference does it make? If I were you I'd wait till two weeks after your interiew when you will get everything. Dont you think?

That's a good question. I also thought that I don't really need it and wasn't doing much about it since my case is going forward, As I said so far I didn't get any RFE, and I was called for the fingerprinting. But my only concern is that I don't know what this Approval Notice said. In the email they sent me to inform about approval, they said I should follow all the instructions on the notice, and I don't know what the instructions were.
Does anyone know what this approval looks like?

Hey based on that, you should have applied for US Citizenship.If you could prove that u're the only one of a kind in your state, you deserve to be given USC.. according to me :)

So file N400 ok??

LOL :D I guess I will have to move to Alaska, I am sure I would be the only of my country there...

That's a good question. I also thought that I don't really need it and wasn't doing much about it since my case is going forward, As I said so far I didn't get any RFE, and I was called for the fingerprinting. But my only concern is that I don't know what this Approval Notice said. In the email they sent me to inform about approval, they said I should follow all the instructions on the notice, and I don't know what the instructions were.
Does anyone know what this approval looks like?

Sometimes notices have instructions, some times they do not. The emails are standard... so do not worry.

I have not had my I-130 approved, as I filed them together. But I am sure it says something like: "You can now file I-485 along with all of the supporting documents".

So do not worry. Maybe someone else will be able to scan a copy of an approved I-130. :cool:

Waiting in Vain

No news of EAD.......nothing in the mail and no updates STILL!!!!!.........somebody shake themand wake them up:mad:

I know!! What's the hold up? I called the FBI and my fingerprints were cleared ages ago and still nothing. I got one LUD on my I-765 on 06/03/07 and nothing has changed. I don't even know if they are processing my expedite request sent to them through my local office. It's hard to tell cause I just about never got LUDs till I responded to my RFE while some people get them for every step along the way. All these inconsitencies just keep us guessing and anxious.

I know!! What's the hold up? I called the FBI and my fingerprints were cleared ages ago and still nothing. I got one LUD on my I-765 on 06/03/07 and nothing has changed. I don't even know if they are processing my expedite request sent to them through my local office. It's hard to tell cause I just about never got LUDs till I responded to my RFE while some people get them for every step along the way. All these inconsitencies just keep us guessing and anxious.

What number did you call? what information did you give them? Alien number?

Sometimes notices have instructions, some times they do not. The emails are standard... so do not worry.

I have not had my I-130 approved, as I filed them together. But I am sure it says something like: "You can now file I-485 along with all of the supporting documents".

So do not worry. Maybe someone else will be able to scan a copy of an approved I-130. :cool:

Probably you're right PraetorianXI, and I hope you're right. I also posted this issue on the general forum, hopefully somebody was in the same situation or maybe somebody can tell me what that approval notice looks like.

FBI contact info

What number did you call? what information did you give them? Alien number?

The number is 304-625-5590. They will need either your A-number or social security number. I also asked about the name check and she said that is handled by a different department and they do not take calls from the public.

The number is 304-625-5590. They will need either your A-number or social security number.

Thank you, I am trying it right now and it does not seem to work though, it does not ring, or give busy tone, or pickup, or voice mail... it just sounds like a bunch of static :p :confused: over and over and then it hangs up?

I also asked about the name check and she said that is handled by a different department and they do not take calls from the public.

Ha! of course they don't... otherwise we would be calling them 24/7 and they may actually get something done. :mad:

Thank you, I am trying it right now and it does not seem to work though, it does not ring, or give busy tone, or pickup, or voice mail... it just sounds like a bunch of static :p :confused: over and over and then it hangs up?

Ha! of course they don't... otherwise we would be calling them 24/7 and they may actually get something done. :mad:

The recording at first was very low and had a lot of static and I think it said to speak to customer service dial 2 now (not sure of the number). When the person picked up it sounded fine but I had to turn my phone way up to hear the initial recording. Keep trying.

I have it on speaker phone at the loudest setting and it can not make what it "says" :p :mad:

I pressed "2", then "0" (usually the operator) and them keys randomly .... first it is very low, then a recording very loud with static, then low static, then the loud recording with static.... and then it says "call failed" :p :mad:

You got to love the federal government costumer service. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi May filers!

Can anyone tell me how many days after the fingerprints you usually would get LUDs? My fingerprints were taken 4 days ago (not counting the weekend), and still no LUD. I don't want to get stuck on the name check..:(

thanks

Look at my timeline.