Any May filers around?

Want to see what an Advance Parole looks like?

Finally :D

HERE IS THE SCANNED COPY OF MY ADVANCE PAROLE.

With the proper censorship. After all Identity Theft is a big issue these days.

PS: The AP is printed on heavy paper, like every NOA you have received, it also has a Dry Seal stamped on the photograph square, it is a round seal with an eagle and it reads Department of Homeland Security

CLICK HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally :D

HERE IS THE SCANNED COPY OF MY ADVANCE PAROLE.

With the proper censorship. After all Identity Theft is a big issue these days.

PS: The AP is printed on heavy paper, like every NOA you have received, it also has a Dry Seal stamped on the photograph square, it is a round seal with an eagle and it reads Department of Homeland Security

CLICK HERE

What's the point of Advance Parole then if one is not guaranteed of coming back. Basically I guess if you have violated your status somehow, you need to verify before travelling how long that period "of illegal stay" was. Wow. Be careful man of VeNeZuElA.

I think Praetorian deserves an award for all the assistance he provides on this thread. Thanks Praetorian! -- here's hoping you get your interview letter soon.

I'm hoping my interview goes smoothly -- I'm pretty confident we'll be able to show the bona fides of our marriage, since we have correspondence going back to the late 1990s and have been living together for the past five years.

However, I'm kind of undecided about whether to apply for advance parole. I need to travel in December and with my interview in September I'm hoping the green card will be ready by then. But this name check thing is worrisome. I take it that even if the interview is a success, I won't be able to travel outside the U.S. while name check is pending?

And then there's the fact that AP fees are going up. Decisions, decisions.

UK citizen on F-1 visa, married to US citizen

I-130, I-485, I-864, I-693 concurrently filed
04/30/2007: package mailed via USPS
05/01/2007: received date
05/07/2007: notice date
05/08/2007: checks cashed
05/24/2007: RFE for I-693 supplement
05/30/2007: RFE mailed with updated I-693 supplement
05/31/2007: biometrics appointment
06/25/2007: received interview letter
09/12/2007: interview appointment

What's the point of Advance Parole then if one is not guaranteed of coming back. Basically I guess if you have violated your status somehow, you need to verify before travelling how long that period "of illegal stay" was. Wow. Be careful man of VeNeZuElA.

I have never overstayed, so I would think I am "safe". I am also traveling with my USC Wife :D

I have never overstayed, so I would think I am "safe". I am also traveling with my USC Wife :D

But i mean for person who violated their status. Whats the point of initiating travel when you can be in trouble?
So you have never violated your status? What was ur status before your aos?

i dont think travelling with wife means anything. if anything, it might just be more painful as she watches you get pulled away from her and she gets to home by herself :) NO intention to scare u bra hahahah

But i mean for person who violated their status. Whats the point of initiating travel when you can be in trouble?
So you have never violated your status? What was ur status before your aos?

i dont think travelling with wife means anything. if anything, it might just be more painful as she watches you get pulled away from her and she gets to home by herself :) NO intention to scare u bra hahahah

Lol. Thanks for not scaring me :p...

I was here on a B1 visa for a couple conferences and training workshops. I have been coming to the US for periods of 1-2 months, at least 2 times a year, for the past 4 years. Because of my line of work...

So I never overstayed. :)

And yes, I would think having my wife with me would help. As they can not ask "why is your wife not traveling with you!?".

And, I have no clue why someone who has overstayed and abused their visa or was out-of-status would want to travel and jeopardize their AOS.

Hahaha thank you, I wanted to make sure everyone knew it was a picture there while protecting my anonymity :)

I'd say you bust ur own cover. I'd pick u off the street easily. I have this technology to erase the red color ;)

How did u and wifey meet? She originally from here? Or she is also of the Chavez lineage? Nothing personal :D

She is from the US, Alabama.

It happened last summer. I was in Texas at the time and I was called to work in a remote area in Venezuela, she was going there on a humanitarian mission aid trip. We met at the airport in the Venezuelan Capital and I had in my plans for fall last year visit Alabama and do some training there.

We saw each other again in San Fernando, remote little town in the plains of Venezuela. But the magic did not start there.

We took the same bus back to the capital and we chatted all the way (sat side by side) and found out we had a LOT in common (yeah, i know it sounds like what every soap-opera says). We parted after we both flew different planes to the US.

Kept in touch for a while after the trip, I went back to Texas. A month later I was in Alabama doing the training. So while I was there she showed me "the sites" there are not many :p... We started "dating" and I had to go back home for the holidays in Dec 2006.

Got called back to Alabama for a conference in late Jan 2007. I was going to be there for 2 months doing some training for the summer... Our relationship got more serious, got engaged, she did not want me to leave her side. AOS... the rest is history :)

She is from the US, Alabama.

It happened last summer. I was in Texas at the time and I was called to work in a remote area in Venezuela, she was going there on a humanitarian mission aid trip. We met at the airport in the Venezuelan Capital and I had in my plans for fall last year visit Alabama and do some training there.

We met in San Fernando, remote little town in the plains of Venezuela.

Kept in touch for a while after the trip, I went back to Texas. A month later I was in Alabama doing the training. Went back home while still dating.

Got called back to Alabama for a conference. Got engaged, she did not want me to leave her side. AOS... the rest is history :)

Way to go buddy. Keep the fire burning... and hey get some sleep. :eek:

Venezuelan "visitor" I'm beginning to believe you've spent more time in the Southern US than I have so far. You got a southern drawl already? :p

By the way it looks like y'all were not exactly lucky vs. Uruguay yesterday. I'm getting my Copa America news from an Austrian news website ... it's a small world.