Any May filers around?

It has been said that if you get 2 LUDs on your I-485 AFTER your fingerprints/biometrics are done, then your name check has cleared. But it is not official information, just a good guess.

Also, I would apply for Advance Parole right away. It will not hurt you if you end up needing it, plus it is less than $200 anyways. I would apply for it now, before the new prices kick in (July 30).

Congrats mamtashok & Tommy_Chicago for getting your Interview letter..All the best...

Nothing in my mail today :( ...I want my EAD & Interview Letter :((

Praetorian, you have become the resident expert here.
Just out of curiosity on the Name Check.
Does the FBI cross reference you name with every criminal database in the world? or Just in the US or in the countries you have lived before.
I am just wondering why it takes so long for some to clear even when they have no prior offences...

My last LUD was on 06/31 after my FP. and I am hoping to see 'card production ordered"...

My wife called me and said that AP came in mail today. :) I haven't seen it yet. Now the wait starts for EAD and interview letter.

Lets see which one comes first. :cool:

Goodluck Yall

Hey good for you mpanati!

I also got my AP in the mail today! :D :D :D

Interesting thing, they used the picture of my EAD Biometrics in it, not the picture of my AOS Biometrics... but anyways... I got it... in a total of 34 days :D

Hopefully more things will come in the mail this week?

I will post a scan tomorrow.

Hmmm, I'm confused maybe I should still send it I really don't know I called fedex they said that they delivered it, then they went and got it back. Isn't that funny that they can do that.... Well I really don't know what I should do at this point and time..... Please hellllpppp.. How do I check if the my name got clearance.... Anyone????

Maybe some of you seen this before http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/uscisbackgroundcheck.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time no see! This thread's been busy -- glad to learn that things are moving along for everyone. My interview letter finally came today, and I'm sure those of you waiting for something in the mail will be getting similar news very soon. Mine is scheduled for September -- almost three months away -- but it's great to have something to look forward to at last.

FYI, my notice suggests that I bring to the interview "any documentation regarding joint assets or liabilities you and your spouse may have together." I thought this list might be useful for others in the waiting game, so here it is: "tax returns, bank statements, insurance documents (car, life, health), property documents (car, house, etc.), rental agreements, utility bills, credit cards, contracts, leases, photos, correspondence and/or any other documents you feel may substantiate your relationship."

UK citizen on F-1 visa, married to US citizen

I-130, I-485, I-864, I-693 concurrently filed
04/30/2007: package mailed via USPS
05/01/2007: received date
05/07/2007: notice date
05/08/2007: checks cashed
05/24/2007: RFE for I-693 supplement
05/30/2007: RFE mailed with updated I-693 supplement
05/31/2007: biometrics appointment
06/25/2007: received interview letter
09/12/2007: interview appointment

P.S. Praetorian -- just read that document you posted a couple of pages ago with advice for the interview. Very helpful -- thanks.

Is there anything I need to do between now and September besides preparing for the interview? Assuming the interview is successful, what's the next step? How long is the typical wait before I receive the green card?

UK citizen on F-1 visa, married to US citizen

I-130, I-485, I-864, I-693 concurrently filed
04/30/2007: package mailed via USPS
05/01/2007: received date
05/07/2007: notice date
05/08/2007: checks cashed
05/24/2007: RFE for I-693 supplement
05/30/2007: RFE mailed with updated I-693 supplement
05/31/2007: biometrics appointment
06/25/2007: received interview letter
09/12/2007: interview appointment

UPDATE:

Handle -------------- ID ---------- Result ---------- Interview Link
shinkansen ---------- Jul 26 --------- Pending
mamtashok ---------- Aug 09 ------- Pending
Tommy_Chicago ----- Sept 06 ------- Pending
Tairaesias ----------- Sept 12 ------- Pending
PraetorianXI

P.S. Praetorian -- just read that document you posted a couple of pages ago with advice for the interview. Very helpful -- thanks.

Is there anything I need to do between now and September besides preparing for the interview? Assuming the interview is successful, what's the next step? How long is the typical wait before I receive the green card?

Just make sure you and your spouse prepare for the interview together. Go through that document together.

What do you need to do? gather all of the evidence you can think of... and if there is something you do not have, get it... such as joint ownership of vehicles, houses, etc.

1.- Assuming the interview goes well:
a) Name check cleared: You get approved there or later by a supervisor. Receive fun emails saying welcome the new resident, card production ordered and at some point between 10 days and 2 months you get your Green Card.

b) Name check pending: You are told that you will be approved when your name check clears... so you wait until that happens, from 10 days to 2 years...

2.- Assuming the interview goes bad:
You go home and wait for a letter scheduling for a second interview (stokes) where you and your spouse will be separated and asked the same set of questions and then your answers compared to see if the match.

Hope that helps,
Prae.-

Long time and no LUDs :( I want my interview letter too........let's hope everything goes smoothly for all of us in this bunch!