Any May filers around?

My I-485 which I had an RFE for, submitted the RFE info, and was resumed last weekend... I'm wondering if the I-485 has to get approved before they can approve the I-130?... Or is it the I-485 getting approved leads to the interview.. Pass the interview then the I-130 gets approved -> GC gets produced?

Looks like my wife and I beat most of y'all ... :p

6 and a half years here. Pretty similar time frame and story as k.ambrose, except we met online and found out we were on computers only two blocks from one another.

Subsequently we lived together for about a year and a half, and then we had a long distance relationship and now a long distance marriage! I do hope that when the IO evaluates our marriage, they will consider our prior time of having lived together as proof of good faith. Otherwise, we'll have to dust off those love notes and valentine's stuffed animals from 2001! :)

Let's trade timelines? :D

Just as I was about to ask Praetorian to consider trading time lines with me, because I need an RFE to slow my case down so I can go on vacation in August :)p ), ...

I received my very own, pretty pink colored RFE in the mail yesterday!

This RFE is a little weird. They are asking for a translation of my birth certificate. I had submitted what my country issued to me as an "international birth certificate" in 10 languages (similar to a the multilingual entries in a passport). Since it included English, I did not submit a separate translation.

Now, they are specifically asking for a translation of the birth certificate I submitted, which I think would be difficult and useless (find someone who can certify they are fluent in all 10 languages on the form!). I'd rather submit my original birth certificate (which I did not include with the original submission), which is issued in German, along with an English translation. My original looks much less official and doesn't even include the country on the form, only the city of birth.

Anyone think this is a bad idea?

Hi,
Just when i was going to hit the panic button,got LUDs on I 130s ad I 765 but nothing on both i-485s......Hmmmmmm.....wondering whats happening!But glad something moved!!

Hi,
Just when i was going to hit the panic button,got LUDs on I 130s ad I 765 but nothing on both i-485s......Hmmmmmm.....wondering whats happening!But glad something moved!!

hello

simsim ....my timeline is almost like urs ......an update ...got LUds on i130 and i765 .............no luds on i485 yet

good luck

i wonder when we would start getting interview letter :confused:

If you follow the immigration trackers for example here or here, there are not many people who filed in May that have reported an interview date yet... (let me know if you find a better tracker! examining time lines in the March and April filing threads might work well too!)

These statistics might be useful, too.

Do we know how much an RFE actually slows a case down? If I want an interview not before September, when should I respond to my RFE? :D

Technically I have until end of August to respond, but I don't want to cut it that close. I'm assuming if they are not happy with the response I send them, hopefully the 12-week clock starts over (with a new RFE)?

You have 90 days to respond to an RFE. But why do you want to slow down your case? they say an RFE slows your case down about 1 month. :( I want mine to go FAST :p

Got my biometrics done today, and noticed lots of interesting things to see for my wife and I along the drive to San Antonio. I sure hope we'll have some time for sightseeing on our interview day! ;)

Like for others, biometrics was very quick, the longest time of it was me filling out the forms carefully. The lady rolled my fingers over the scanner in all kinds of ways ... I was pretty impressed with the modern scanning system. Then they quickly took a pic with what looked like a webcam and I was already on the way out.

I asked for a printout of my fp's for my wife to see but the lady said it's not possible. I also asked Praetorian's question (why fingerprints expire) and they lady thought it had to do with changes such as people's fingers getting burned or losing a finger from time to time. (I still think the computer system is the main culprit!)

You have 90 days to respond to an RFE. But why do you want to slow down your case? they say an RFE slows your case down about 1 month. :( I want mine to go FAST :p

The only reason to slow it down is our August vacation, for which we already have the tickets and my dad heavily planning stuff for us to do, I figure this RFE holding up our case is the lesser evil than potentially having to reschedule the interview, or even worse traveling after the interview and trying to get the I551 stamp, or having a name check pending, it could get pretty messy.

We don't really have a benefit if our application is approved faster. I'm planning to keep working for the same company, so as long as the AOS or EAD is approved when my I-94 expires (December) I'm good. Since the RFE resets the clock for the EAD, technically I'd still be ok if I submit the response in late August. But since there might be more RFE's I'm planning on submitting the response in early July and just hope the interview will be for September or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incidentally, my wife was very sad that we received an RFE, because we had spent so much time on the paperwork, cover sheets, hole punching, etc. to make it "perfect." :( How can I cheer her up? Tell her that many of you careful folks also got RFEs?

You think it's ok if the RFE fairy submits an internet funds transfer to my wife's (and my joint) high interest checking account instead? I had that planned this weekend anyway. ;) 6% interest, can't beat that. But oops that's a different forum ...

But honestly I think my wife would be much more happy if the RFE fairy brought a new stuffed animal or some weird Austrian candy! :)

I'm wondering if any of you have used one of those "do it yourself kits" for the AOS application that are available in various places all over the internet, and if so, was it a useful investment?

Hello
I was just wondering if they inform you on the website or through email about sending the info about biometrics appointment (before you actually receive it in the regular mail), do you get LUD concerning that? My last NOA for 485 and 765 was on June 1st, and I still didn't get any letter about biometrics appointment.

When do they usually send you RFE if they send it at all?

Thanks

I'm wondering if any of you have used one of those "do it yourself kits" for the AOS application that are available in various places all over the internet, and if so, was it a useful investment?

I found a few for about $ 50, but decided just to do it myself. Once you get started you realize is not all that hard to fill out the paper work. Well, not in a simple AOS case. :)

Got my biometrics done today, and noticed lots of interesting things to see for my wife and I along the drive to San Antonio. I sure hope we'll have some time for sightseeing on our interview day! ;)

Like for others, biometrics was very quick, the longest time of it was me filling out the forms carefully. The lady rolled my fingers over the scanner in all kinds of ways ... I was pretty impressed with the modern scanning system. Then they quickly took a pic with what looked like a webcam and I was already on the way out.

I asked for a printout of my fp's for my wife to see but the lady said it's not possible. I also asked Praetorian's question (why fingerprints expire) and they lady thought it had to do with changes such as people's fingers getting burned or losing a finger from time to time. (I still think the computer system is the main culprit!)
lol that reminds me of my biometrics. i went with my husband. and when we got to the location we noticed thatvirginia beach was about 15 minutes away and i had never been abd neither did heso we decided to spend the night there. but waking up early the next morning for him to get to work on time wasnt fun :eek:

MAY Filing 2007 - Chicago

Hi All, I'm from Chicago I would like to share with you all my process.

05/01 mailed i485/i130/i765 + Medical
05/7 Received
05/15 checks cashed
05/18 LUD on all 3
05/18 LUD on i130
05/25 biometrics appointment
05/29 LUD on i765
06/03 RFE received case resumed i-485

Anyone know how long it takes to get approved from I-765
Am I now just wating for interview?

Last edited by a moderator: