Any May filers around?

Hey Dishoom, when we filed for my hubby's N400, we never got any LUD online. I was surprised when I got mine. So I guess it should be fine. I have a question for you..When did you rcd ur interview letter? And how come you rcd Interview letter before FP is done? Your ND are just 11 days ahead of me. I have SF DO.

Thanks

neha, i really dunno why i got the interview notice b4 the FP notice. Got the interview notice on 5/25..3 days before getting the FP notice. I guess the INS clerk who sends the interview letters was on steroids that day ;).
D2006, i dont mind not getting LUDs...as long as I dont get a Ladoo in the end asking for RFE or somthing I'm a happy camper :D

Here's a dumb question, are y'all going to get new social security cards after AOS that don't have the restriction "valid for work only with INS (DHS) authorization"? I was wondering what the process for this is (same SSN just new card). Since I have apparently "misplaced" my card in the years since I've last needed it for anything, I wouldn't mind getting a new one. :D

I dunno, but I guess I read somewhere on this forum only that your SSN will not change. You can go to their office and ask to remove condition. I am not sure just confirm it.

Ok, so I looked up the info about getting the new SS card:SSA Website card info

There are different categories (original/replacement/corrected) and if you're removing the work authorization restriction on the card, it would be considered a "correction." These types of corrections do NOT count against the 10 lifetime replacements you have on SSN cards.

Interestingly, it doesn't say anywhere you need to show your old card as evidence, but you do need the GC in hand. So I may get away with not finding my misplaced one, although I hope to find it again for nostalgic purposes, it's so nicely many times washed/bleached/stained with all kinds of colors. :D

Poll: How long have you been going out with your spouse before filing for AOS? (not necessarily married) I'm wondering if couples that have been together longer would have an easier time at the interview?

Update on : Notice returned as undeliverable

Hello, after 2 weeks on following the problem I had, we found out that the attorney wrote down his address in all the G-28 forms, he said that this will not create any problems in my case, anyways they already submitted the new G-28 with the correct address. any ideas?

Thank you,

We were married on 15 May 2005 and were together like from Jan 2005. Now its been over a year that we got married :)

-Neha

Poll: How long have you been going out with your spouse before filing for AOS? (not necessarily married) I'm wondering if couples that have been together longer would have an easier time at the interview?

we started living together like 2 weeks after we got married and before that we used to live in different states and we are kinda worry that the IO may see that as a red flag :confused:
we have been married for almost 2 months now

Ok.

We met in August 06, lived in the same city until December 06, went back home (Venezuela) for about 1 & 1/2 months.

Lived together for 2 & 1/2 months before we got married. Applied for AOS about a month after we got married.

:)

My husband and I met online in Oct 2000. He came to visit me in my country in Dec 2001 and then again in Nov 2003. I came to the US in Aug 2004 for my MS. Again another long-distance relationship, this time from half-way across the globe to half-way across the country. Then, in Aug 2006 I completed my MS in KY and moved in with him in NJ while looking for jobs for 3 mths. Found a job in DE, somewhat nearer to NJ and we got married less than 2 months ago after going out for almost 7 yrs :) And... we're going to my country early next year for our traditional marriages etc.

On another matter, I noticed on many people's signatures that they received their Notice for Biometrics within 7 days of the initial ND. Mine hasn't come yet, my ND is 1 June. It's now 11 days since the ND. Hmmm...please hurry...

24 May: Mailed in all documents
28 May: USCIS receives package
01 June: ND for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131
01 June: All checks cashed
04 June: Received NoA for all
06 June: LUD for all

Do not worry. We are not counting how long it takes to actually get to us, by snail-mail... USPS.

Which means, the date on the notice is 6/9 and you get it (in your inbox) around 6/12 to 6/14 or or so. :)