Any late 2004 EB1 - I140 approved?

Finally saw some LUD activity on 485's on 13th July. But no approval yet. This has been a 3 months wait from 140 approval!!

Another LUD on my case on 26th July. No Approval yet.
Intezar - It seems no one replied to your queries. I am traveling in India but will try to reply soon.
Jag

Good luck Jag, with the LUD. Hope the approval comes soon.

Intezar sorry I missed the post untill Jag59 talked abt it. In my case when I got the FP notice, it specified a date and time but also said if I couldnt make it at that time then I could go at the same time, same day of the week for the next four weeks. Hope this helps.

Good luck to you all

As the final step, my plastic card arrived a couple of days ago - much quicker than expected. This forum has been great. Good luck to you all.

congrauts!

robedo said:
As the final step, my plastic card arrived a couple of days ago - much quicker than expected. This forum has been great. Good luck to you all.

Congratulations on your successful journey.
Did u apply in EB1-OR or EA category?
I have had several LUDs on our I485 recently, but no message change or e-mails so far!

Dear ToxSci

I also had a flurry of LUDs in June but nothing since then. I think Robedos Category was MEM.

nikkasingh said:
Dear ToxSci

I also had a flurry of LUDs in June but nothing since then. I think Robedos Category was MEM.

HI Nikkasingh,
Did you see any message changes along with LUDs? I did not see any message changes even after FP! :confused:
Good luck!

nikkasingh said:
Good luck Jag, with the LUD. Hope the approval comes soon.

Intezar sorry I missed the post untill Jag59 talked abt it. In my case when I got the FP notice, it specified a date and time but also said if I couldnt make it at that time then I could go at the same time, same day of the week for the next four weeks. Hope this helps.

Thanks nikkasingh. It sure does.

I am looking forward to receiving more insights from Jag59.

Once more congrats to all who are at various stages of success and all the best for the future.

Intezar05 said:
Hello everyone! Congrats to all who have had their cases approved and best of luck to those who are waiting.

My husband's employer is filing I-140/I-485 concurrently under EB-1 (multinational manager) for us and I have a few questions:

My daughter and I have to visit India and our lawyer had said that we can travel either on AP or our L2 visa (that needs re-validation). Accordingly, we had planned to leave after receiving the AP. But now we see that the finger printing appointment can come at anytime....
(a) Can the FP appointment be rescheduled? If yes then for how long?
(b) Is re-scheduling FP detrimental to the approval chances?
(c) Are FP and biometric processes separate or can they be done in the same visit?
(d) What is the usual time-line....FP before I-140 approval or vice-versa? Does it work the same way for principal applicant and dependents?
Basically we are trying to work out the most likely scenario since I really need to go to India (my father passed away recently)

Based on my I-589 (extension of L2 status) approval, I had filed I-765 for the EAD renewal. If I use the AP on my return from India, will the EAD remain valid since then I will be a Parolee?

At the risk of being considered an ignoramus, what does LUD stand for? :eek:

Any info on the above questions will be most appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

On return to US, I got I-485 approval mails for myself, wife & daughter. In fact I got 2 sets of mails, first one two days ago saying Cards will be posted to you soon and ones today saying your case has been approved and that approval notice has been posted.

Only negative thing is my son's application (who turned 14 during the approval process) is untouched.

Here are some replies for Intezar,
1. First I would recommend you to leave for India only after getting AP. This is because USCIS has changed the process very recently and we may not need to take a Infopass appt to get the passport stamped. In which case the green cards will be received by mail directly. Is this happens, theoritically the L1 and thereby the L2 visas can be cancelled. So if the approval comes thru when you are in India, you could have a situation of neither having both with you. So please travel only after you get AP.

2. FP process can be re-scheduled. In fact I too got a FP notice with dates of one month later, I went to the FP office the same week and got the FP done. FP re-scheduling does not affect anything.

3. FP process is the biometric capture of data.

4. For EB1 (Multinational) it is taking approx 6 to 7 months for 140 approval from application receipt and another 3 to 4 months for 485 (for simultanious applications). FP can come anytime in between before or after 140 approval.

5. LUD stands for the Last updated date on the online status USCIS website when you log in to see. LUD means someone is looking at your application and is always a goos news.

On your EAD question with AP, you better consult your attorney. Hope I have answered everything.

Jag

Many contratulations Jag. Hope the outstanding issue of sons 485 is done soon too. I am officially next in line now (waiting for 485 on this thread).

Jag59 said:
On return to US, I got I-485 approval mails for myself, wife & daughter. In fact I got 2 sets of mails, first one two days ago saying Cards will be posted to you soon and ones today saying your case has been approved and that approval notice has been posted.

Only negative thing is my son's application (who turned 14 during the approval process) is untouched.

Jag

Congratulations!
Looking at the recent trend, I think they will pick up Oct-Nov cases soon!
Good luck to all who are patiently waiting with me!

Some news on my Son's 485 appl. Just heard from Attorney that we got the FP notice for him!!

Thanks

Thank you Jag59 for taking the time to answer my questions...I am much obliged. Waiting for the AP....still have not received the receipt notices for the filings. I was wondering whether the principle of "dual intent" in the case of L visas holds good even after the GC has been approved?

Congratulations on your approval and I will pray that your son's approval is also granted soon. Thanks once again.

Intezar,

If you are just filed your application, then your approvals will take some time. I think you could make the India visit and re-validate your L2's (it will be done only first after your husband's L1 is renewed). For your info, we applied in End Oct 04 and then I made several trips to India. I even renewed my L1 in March 05.

My family went to India in June 05 and also renewed thier L2's. The 485 approvals (which matter here) take atleast 8 - 9 months.

jag

The green cards for 3 of us (without my son's) arrived by mail today, less than 2 weeks of approval e-mail.
Have got FP done for my son. Awaiting next action for him.

A friend got EB1-EA I-140 approved from TSC in 13 days (filed Aug 3). Reciept recieved Aug 9th, dated Aug 5th. I didnt believe her at first when she told me yesterday and then her husband brought the approval notice today for me to see. This couple were all very thankful to me because they were hesitant to file thinking they had no chance I kept pestering them to file for several months and guided them thru the whole process.

Her quals: Post doc in Cancer Bioinformatics One first author Cancer cell, another couple of itty bitty papers, more than 50 citations in last 6 months from Cancer Cell.

great news for all those waiting to file at TSC. Looks like now is the time to test the waters.

Jag59 said:
Intezar,

If you are just filed your application, then your approvals will take some time. I think you could make the India visit and re-validate your L2's (it will be done only first after your husband's L1 is renewed). For your info, we applied in End Oct 04 and then I made several trips to India. I even renewed my L1 in March 05.

My family went to India in June 05 and also renewed thier L2's. The 485 approvals (which matter here) take atleast 8 - 9 months.

jag

Couple of days back received the 485 receipt notices dated Aug 22, 2005. Husband's I-140 receipt is dated Aug 01, 2005. Another gentleman from the same company as my husband's, is also going thru the same process for himself and his family. His AP came within 22 days of the receipt date of 485.(Aug 03, 2005)Their FP appt is for Sep 8. So have decided to wait for the AP and FP before leaving for India.

Still want to get the L2 visa revalidated and keep the AP as a second option. Do they give a hard time at the embassy for visa revalidation? We are a little nervous since our initial L visa was stamped in middle east where my husband was stationed before being transferred to the US. Since then our stay here has been extended twice via the forms I-129 and I-539 and the current extension is valid until April 2007. But the visa stamp on my husband's passport expired in Oct 2004. Does he have to get his visa revalidated before we can get ours? He is not travelling with us.

In addition to the usual documents like pay stubs, tax returns, employment letter, marriage certificate and photographs, I plan on taking the driver's license, ID, school records for my child, etc. to the embassy interview.....will this help? Will the fact that the initial L visa was not stamped in India and hence they may not have the file on us make our re-validation process difficult?

Would appreciate insights on these questions Jag59 since you and your family have gone thru this process. Congrats once again and hope your son's GC is issued soon.

Thanks a lot