Any late 2004 EB1 - I140 approved?

See my replies in CAPITALS
Intezar05 said:
Couple of days back received the 485 receipt notices dated Aug 22, 2005. Husband's I-140 receipt is dated Aug 01, 2005. Another gentleman from the same company as my husband's, is also going thru the same process for himself and his family. His AP came within 22 days of the receipt date of 485.(Aug 03, 2005)Their FP appt is for Sep 8. So have decided to wait for the AP and FP before leaving for India.

Still want to get the L2 visa revalidated and keep the AP as a second option. YOUR HUSBAND WILL NEED TO GET HIS L1 VALIDATED AT BOMBAY BEFORE YOU CAN GET L2 REVALIDATED. SO YOU CANNOT GO & DO IT WITHOUT THAT. SO YOUWILL HAVE TO DEPEND ON AP WHICH IS QUITE SAFE.

Do they give a hard time at the embassy for visa revalidation? NOT A TOUGH TIME FOR L VISA SEEKERS BUT AS I SAID ABOVE, YOU CANNOT GET L2 UNLESS HUSBANDS L1 IS DONE.

We are a little nervous since our initial L visa was stamped in middle east where my husband was stationed before being transferred to the US. Since then our stay here has been extended twice via the forms I-129 and I-539 and the current extension is valid until April 2007. But the visa stamp on my husband's passport expired in Oct 2004. Does he have to get his visa revalidated before we can get ours? He is not travelling with us. NORMALLY THE VISA INFORMATION NEEDS TO REACH THE REQUIRED EMBASSY BEFORE YOU GO FOR A VISA, SO THE RELEVENT INDIAN EMBASSY WILL NEED TO HAVE YOUR VISA DIRECTLY.

In addition to the usual documents like pay stubs, tax returns, employment letter, marriage certificate and photographs, I plan on taking the driver's license, ID, school records for my child, etc. to the embassy interview.....will this help? Will the fact that the initial L visa was not stamped in India and hence they may not have the file on us make our re-validation process difficult? MAY BE PROBLEM FOR YOU, SO I SUGGEST THE AP IS THE ONLY & THE BEST OPTION. IT IS QUITE SAFE.

Would appreciate insights on these questions Jag59 since you and your family have gone thru this process. Congrats once again and hope your son's GC is issued soon.

Thanks a lot
JAGDISH

Thank you Jagdish for your prompt response. We were under the impression that with the help of the copy of my husband's L1 status renewal notice (Form 797-C for Form I-129 ) we will be able to get our L2 visas revalidated. In fact before fixing the embassy appointment, I asked the ttkservices via email which petition number needs to be given and they said that it needs to be the approval notice number for my husband. But they did not specify that he needed to accompany us.

I wanted to have the L2 revalidated so that in the event that our GC petition is denied, we would still have the visa until 2007. As you know there are other advantages to having a valid US visa in the passport like the exemption from having UK transit visa etc.

Best regards

No News yet Jagdish praji. Nothing after the LUDs in late June. Also got an offer from Delhi and I was deliberating about it for a long time. This retrogression stuff made my decision. I will go back in December, I have signed the contract. Abhi nyane chote hain (day care) so this is the right time if we are going to do it. I was surprised with the salaries being offered these days in India. When I came to the US five years ago these numbers could only be dreamt of. I will still be very interested in the gc process as my wife (who is a dependent on my petition) is going to stay on for several months more as she is a medical resident and would like to finish her residency. Great to see that you got your cards before the retrogression mess.

Nikka, you are very close to getting the GC. This retrogression stuff will not affect you as it is affecting H1, EB3 guys. I think you will get the GC approved by Sept end. It takes around 3 & half months from 140 approval to 485 approval.

I still spend almost half my time in India and am aware of the growing opportunities and salaries in India but just want to advise you to not make a decision based only on the delay of GC.

Jagdish

Praji I agree with you a 100%, but to be honest, even keeping the GC process aside, both I and my wife had an inclination to go back. This thing only swung the pendulum. There are many good things on offer here and many bad things that one needs to soak up. Same is true back home. Nothing is perfect. I will be in touch.

The following is our data upto now:
EB1 Multinational Manager TSC Concurrent
140 RD 08/01/05, I485 RD 08/22/05
EAD, AP RD 08/22/05
EAD, AP received 9/22/05
140 RFE dated 8/27/05
FP appointment for 11/02/05
Will try our luck for fingerprinting earlier.

The other gentleman from my husband's company applied about 10 days before us and his 140 (RD 07/22/05) was approved on 9/19/05. His 485 status on the website says that it has been approved for permanent residency and the next step will be the interview.

Update

I-140 RFE response RD 10/25/05
I-140 Approval email dated 10/28/05
Yet to receive the hard copy of the approval notice

FP done on 11/02/05. Overall a pretty decent experience at the Application Support Center in Tampa. We had a 10.00 am appointment. Reached at 9.00 am and were out of the place by 10.35 am.

The LUD for the 485 forms changed to 11/02/05 and then 11/03/05. We are hoping ( a little optimistically I suppose :( ) that this signifies the fingerprinting results are in. The status message remains the same.

With all of this out of the way, off to India!!! :D

God only knows when the GC process will end with the retrogression in effect.

EB1 Multinational Manager TSC Concurrent
140 RD 08/01/05, I485 RD 08/22/05
EAD, AP RD 08/22/05
EAD, AP received 9/22/05
140 RFE dated 8/27/05
RFE Response RD 10/25/05
I-140 Approval email date 10/28/05
FP Done 11/02/05

Question

Hello Jag59,

I had a quick question about the AP. I have read at several places that people get 3 copies of the AP and the airlines keep one copy for themselves. We received just two copies of the AP for each one of us and I am now worried how all of this will work....my daughter and I are leaving for India in mid-Nov. Do we really have to submit one of the AP copies to the airlines?
What was your experience?

As always, any info will most appreciated. :)

Thanks a lot.

Intezar,

AP always comes in 2 copies and not 3. Airlines do not keep a copy but when you arrive back in USA, the immigration authorities keep a copy and stamp the other one and return to you.

In case Ap is multiple entry, then the same stamped copy is used again when you arrive next time.

Have a nice trip,

Jagdish

Hello, I am back

At the risk of shouting out in the great darkness, Hello

Hope someone is listening :rolleyes:

I am back after a blissful four months in India, to a new set of worries.

My L2 based EAD is valid until April 07. However, I entered US a week back using the AP. What does this do to my EAD? My understanding is that we have to file for a new EAD based upon the 485 pending, but our lawyer says no.

Have to join my job by April 06 preferably.

Nikkasingh...any news for you? Hopefully your applications would have been approved.

Intezar05