Any late 2004 EB1 - I140 approved?

Due to retrogression, no EB3 petitions (485) will be accepted between July 1st and October 1st. Nor will any pending ones be adjucated.

No update from me as of 20 Jun.
Gave FP Jun 9th - no LUD on website.

Will check back with this forum early July.

Thanx for the update Robedo. I hope your and Jags 485 will be done by the time you come back to the forum. Unfortunately all of us missed the swift 485 bus by a few months.
Regards,

How many days after email for paper approval

Jag59 and Robedo and others, how may days elapsed after your "magic" email before you got a snail mail copy of approval, anybdy remember.

Thanks Robedo and Jag. I got the paper copy of the approval in mail yesterday. Also I called FB1 and found out fp data had been sent out. data was recieved on 06/03 (fp date) and sent out 06/06 which corresponds well with the 485 LUDs on those very dates. I sent an email to FBI for name check this morning with no response yet. maybe the two of you need to send that email to ensure your name check is complete.

I have already recd FP notice 2 months ago and & done it too. So do I need to write to FBI? If yes, can you advise why & how?
And how do I modify my signatiure below?

Spouse and child's LUD on 485 changed today - mine has not yet. Status message showing no change at present.

I140 - RD: 10/4/04 AD: 4/15/05
I485 - RD: 10/4/04 AD: ? (LUD 6/29/05)
FP - 6/9/05.

485 approved for myself and child

Finally got my I485 approved today - for both myself and my child. No sign of my wife's just yet -

nikkasingh,
I am sure that your approval will be around the corner, especially with the LUD activity.

Robedo

Congrats, Robedo. I hope I will follow you as has been the case.
By the way, did you have any LUD's prior to approval? I have had none after my FP.

Questions from a rookie

Hello everyone! Congrats to all who have had their cases approved and best of luck to those who are waiting.

My husband's employer is filing I-140/I-485 concurrently under EB-1 (multinational manager) for us and I have a few questions:

My daughter and I have to visit India and our lawyer had said that we can travel either on AP or our L2 visa (that needs re-validation). Accordingly, we had planned to leave after receiving the AP. But now we see that the finger printing appointment can come at anytime....
(a) Can the FP appointment be rescheduled? If yes then for how long?
(b) Is re-scheduling FP detrimental to the approval chances?
(c) Are FP and biometric processes separate or can they be done in the same visit?
(d) What is the usual time-line....FP before I-140 approval or vice-versa? Does it work the same way for principal applicant and dependents?
Basically we are trying to work out the most likely scenario since I really need to go to India (my father passed away recently)

Based on my I-589 (extension of L2 status) approval, I had filed I-765 for the EAD renewal. If I use the AP on my return from India, will the EAD remain valid since then I will be a Parolee?

At the risk of being considered an ignoramus, what does LUD stand for? :eek:

Any info on the above questions will be most appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

Jag59 said:
Congrats, Robedo. I hope I will follow you as has been the case.
By the way, did you have any LUD's prior to approval? I have had none after my FP.

Jag, I did FP on 6/9 and NOTHING happened - very disheartening. Then suddenly I got LUD activity, but no change in status message. Then the 485 approval email popped up out of the blue on the Jun 30th early morning.

I have booked time with IPASS to get passport stamped on the 12th July. If mparisbr's experience is typical it should be hassle free - but you never know - I'll be taking all the paperwork!

Best of luck. Will post again after the 12th

So we did our passport stamping today in Houston. Infopass worked well and we had almost no wait.

Had to hand over our I-485s, two photos and EAD card. In return we got a temporary stamp (valid 12 months) in the passports together with an estimate for getting our actual cards of between 2 weeks to 6 months.

The CIS officer was in good spirits and polite and we were in and out within 15 minutes. He offered his congratulations and we were on our way.

Thanks to all on this Forum over the last several months - it greatly helped me understand the process. Best of luck with your applications.