Any January filers out there?!?!

No news here also. I even tried calling but they just tell me to keep waiting. At least with a work permit i can keep busy. =)

Ead

No news here also. I even tried calling but they just tell me to keep waiting. At least with a work permit i can keep busy. =)

and stupid me, just went ahead and applied for GC only. I wish I had applied EAD card for my wife....aaaaahhhhh....I was so stupid and thx to my attorney who never suggested to apply for EAD card. That $1010 fees would have taken care of everything. O'well.

it is not late to send the work permit application. You can do it by yourself. I file for work permit after I did the fingerprints. My card arrived 14 days after I sent the application. So it is worth the try. You already paid for it..

Good suggestion David, but.....

it is not late to send the work permit application. You can do it by yourself. I file for work permit after I did the fingerprints. My card arrived 14 days after I sent the application. So it is worth the try. You already paid for it..

Interesting......Please tell me what application should I pull out from the web to fill out the paperwork for EAD. I was told by my lawyer, it's too late in the game now. I will have to pay USCIS another $300 and some change and wait for atleast 90 days for EAD card to be processed. Is it true? Please let me know what you all think.
Thanks

Interesting......Please tell me what application should I pull out from the web to fill out the paperwork for EAD. I was told by my lawyer, it's too late in the game now. I will have to pay USCIS another $300 and some change and wait for atleast 90 days for EAD card to be processed. Is it true? Please let me know what you all think.
Thanks

your Lawyer Atlanta ... has not been the best thing that happened to you so far. All of us did it by ourselves and by far have had better experience than you ... Just send the application by yourself and BELIEVE ! It's part of the service and it doesn't say anywhere that there is a time-limit on it. It's never too late to try

Thanks

I agree with what the others are saying....do it yourself and don't send any additional money- i also think you should get it in alot less than 90 days- reason being your fingerprints etc are all complete already:).

Thanks

Your lawyer is an idiot!

This from the I-765 instructions...
NOTE: If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register
Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, as of July 30, 2007, no
fee is required to also file a request for employment
authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765
concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a
later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also
submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt
as evidence of the filing of an I-485 as of July 30, 2007.

It clearly states that you can file concurrently OR AT A LATER DATE.

Just remember to include a copy of your Notice of Action for the I-485.

Good Luck and just do it yourself.

It looks like you need to send it to the Chicago Lockbox too, if your I-130 and I-485 was filed with the Chicago Lockbox and question 16 is (c)(9).

If your response to Question 16 is (c)(9) and you filed your
I-485 application with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox Facility,
file your Form I-765 with the following address (if you filed
your Form I-485 with a USCIS Service Center, see
instructions below):

For U. S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:
USCIS Lockbox Addresses:
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For courier/express deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thanks guys

davidm992, gnr5, Feb08filer, BMORE Hopeful, TNguy and others,

Thank you very much for taking your time out to get back to me with so much useful information. I can't thank you all enough. You guys are awesome.
I will be mailing out the paperwork this morning.

Please confirm

I agree with what the others are saying....do it yourself and don't send any additional money- i also think you should get it in alot less than 90 days- reason being your fingerprints etc are all complete already:).

BMORE HOPEFUL,

Quick update. Just went ahead and mailed the paperwork for EAD card. Now what concerns me is, since we travel a lot & I may be out of town soon, how sure are you that my wife won't have to go thru another set of FP. Spoke to couple of attorneys and they both agreed on one thing and that is she will get a seperate Biometrics apptt notice. To process EAD applications the applicant has to take new FP. Please confirm. Thanks.

Good choice!! I am glad you did it by yourself. Just dont forget to attatch your payment receipt notice as proof of payment, pictures, and the signed application.

My attorney also told me not to send the application because my case was in court, so it will not be approved... End of the story, I got it in almost 2 weeks. Dont listen to them. You already paid for it. There is nothign to lose.

Regarding the FP, I am not sure, but one thing I believe is that they use the FP you took first to expedite your emplyment card. SOmethign funny in my card is that there is not fingerprint. Instead of the actual fingerprint, it states: "FINGER PRINT NOT AVAILABLE". So dont worry about that. You will get surprissed how fast you get it, so your wife can get her SS and start working. At least the waiting for the green card wiht that is not that frustating. GOOD LUCK!! please keep us posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Just letting you know I did a similar thing. Only through reading this forum did I realize I could apply for a I-765. I had a my biometrics done on the May 8th (for my I-485) and had sent in the form for the I-765 probably a week before. Then I get a letter telling me I had another biometric to do for the I-765 on June 5th. I called them up and asked why they couldn't use the same fingerprint info....but no, I had to go get it done again.

So expect a letter in a couple of weeks....is my guess.

Will wait & findout

Ok guys, I will keep you posted. If I get a biometrics notice or not either ways, I will keep you all informed.
Thanks again for the help. I am glad I applied for the card. USCIS in Chicago should receive it either on Monday or by Tues the latest.
You all have a great wknd.

Sharina, me too ... They are really messing with our lives here. But in the bigger picture ... a less than 1 year mess is far prefered to a 5 or 10 year wait.