Any January filers out there?!?!

gnr5,

Have you called USCIS to atleast find out if they have received RFE at their end. Keep in mind that you cannot rely and depend on this USCIS online case status thing. Mine still says that the case has been resumed after they recieved RFE and will notify once they make a decision. There is no online update and no e-mail from USCIS regarding the interview :mad:

Atlanta,

Yea I called today, The guy took all my information down and said that he was going to fwd that note to the NBC and that I should receive an update before April 23rd.

Hope this works... i'm worried this will actually make my application slower.

Atlanta_Brother,

Thanks for your concern. There is no update on the freaking FP! I called again and they said I have to wait 30 days after the case was resumed and I don't think the infopass would help as the DO doesn't make the decision at this point!
It's just so odd that I didn't get the FP before the RFE like everybody else who got the RFE!! Maybe they just don't want my FP!! Oh well, I'm going to wait for another week and then call them again!

I would wait until Saturday & you should get it in the mail. If you don't get it till Saturday, defintely expect to get it by mid of next week. My RFE was mailed by USCIS on Feb 7th and my attorney told me that he received it in his office on the Feb 19th. Now you do the math.:)

Thanks Atlanta_Brother.
Hmmm....I think i should wait till next week-mid or so......

How do you guys call the USCIS? It's that Customer service number printed on the notices? everytime I have called I wasn't able to follow the maze of automated options, that in the end would take me to a Customer Service Rep. How do you guys manage to talk to someone about your case?

Customer service, but why ?

How do you guys call the USCIS? It's that Customer service number printed on the notices? everytime I have called I wasn't able to follow the maze of automated options, that in the end would take me to a Customer Service Rep. How do you guys manage to talk to someone about your case?

jjfutt,

Your interview was scheduled for March 12th, isn't it. What happened after that? They didn't make a decision ? Just curious.

Anyways, you call 1-800-375-5283 as usual and press the following numbers:

1-2-6-0 (wait for about 2 secs after each entry)

Give the rep some fake 13 digit number that cannot be accessed online. Make sure you verify that USCIS web page online. The rep will go ahead & escalate your call to the customer service which will give you the opportunity to talk to the officer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, she can. Some DO's say they don't do them, though. All depends. Mine happened to.

If they say you're approved at the interview, have your wife say she wants to travel or work right away - give them a reason to stamp you. :)

Confirmed airline tkt

Yes, she can. Some DO's say they don't do them, though. All depends. Mine happened to.

If they say you're approved at the interview, have your wife say she wants to travel or work right away - give them a reason to stamp you. :)

Canuck,

I was thinking of taking a confirmed airline ticket to Canada on the day of my interview and showing it to them so that they can stamp I-551 on the passport the same day. I hope that works & another thing that I thought was to try and make an infopass apptt for the same date as my interview so that they don't ask me to come back since I will be in Atlanta for the interview and return back to Boston after the interview.

I cannot believe this. Let me share this news with you all.

While I was driving this afternoon on my way to my usual Friday prayers. All of a sudden I heard my phone beep. I saw that there was a voicemail waiting. I was expecting this friend to call me back. Anyways when I checked my voicemail, it was a call from attorney's office. What a pleasant surprise. The lady left a msg saying that they just received an interview notice from USCIS today so please call the office. I pulled over immediately and called the office in a heart beat. The secretary told me that my wife interview letter is here & she is scheduled for an interview on May 13th at around 8:30am. I couldn't believe my ears coz if you guys remember, when I had called USCIS customer service yesterday, I was told that the case is still pending & I need to be patient for another 6 months atleast. Good job USCIS. I also had a chance to speak to my attorney and he asked me to bring all the necessary documents for the interview & in the end he said...."See you there". I was like what do you mean, you will be there at the interview too? He said yes, I'll be there to join you guys. I was happy coz if you think about it you really can't beat the price. Paid him a total of $690 to file the case and plus he will show up to the interview as well. God is great.

I pray & wish for you all esp Jan filers. I ain't going anywhere btw. Will be here to check up on you guys as usual.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO.
Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 21st:)
INTERVIEW: May 13th @ 8:30am
:D

YEA BRO! Congratz! I am very happy for you! WOOT WOOT!!

Advance Parole

Hi, This is my first post on this site. My stats are below. My wife and I will be living in Eastern Europe for the summer, assuming we get the AP by then. The problem is that I only included 2 photos in my initial packet, instead of the required 6. No RFE received for the pictures. Any idea if our AP will be processed before we get an RFE for the pictures? I found somewhere online a document stating that if not enough photos are included, preference is first given to the AP, then the EAD, and finally the Green Card. Any idea if this is true?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1/17/08 Sent I131/I765/I864/I485/G325
1/21/08 RD
1/25/08 NOA I131/I485/I765
1/29/08 FP notice
2/8/08 RFI for 485 (saying we need to send 864A too since I am a student and don't have income)
2/20/08 FP's done
2/21/08 765 last update
3/11/08 RFI response received by USCIS
3/16/08 485 last update

Thanks Nothere2001

YEA BRO! Congratz! I am very happy for you! WOOT WOOT!!

To be honest with you, I was looking up to you since everything was going pretty decent for you on timely manner. I am sure you will hear some good news anytime now. I hope you have been checking your mailbox regularly. Give me some good news soon ok, can't wait my firend :)

I know that sweetcitywife, Rose_W and mazam, js360, gn45, Feb08filer & others have been anxiously waiting for some movement in their case. Best wishes & prayers for you all.

Atlantic, I would suggest you did not make an infopass the same day as your interview. The infopass is administered by your IO, the same person who will be conducting your interview. Like I said, if it looks like you're approved, tell the IO that you plan on traveling bring the itinerary and if they don't offer the stamp, ask if they can stamp it for you.

Hi, This is my first post on this site. My stats are below. My wife and I will be living in Eastern Europe for the summer, assuming we get the AP by then. The problem is that I only included 2 photos in my initial packet, instead of the required 6. No RFE received for the pictures. Any idea if our AP will be processed before we get an RFE for the pictures? I found somewhere online a document stating that if not enough photos are included, preference is first given to the AP, then the EAD, and finally the Green Card. Any idea if this is true?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1/17/08 Sent I131/I765/I864/I485/G325
1/21/08 RD
1/25/08 NOA I131/I485/I765
1/29/08 FP notice
2/8/08 RFI for 485 (saying we need to send 864A too since I am a student and don't have income)
2/20/08 FP's done
2/21/08 765 last update
3/11/08 RFI response received by USCIS
3/16/08 485 last update

You could make an infopass which would be with the person who is handling your case. You could bring your photos. You just call their 1800 number to make the appointment.

I cannot believe this. Let me share this news with you all.

While I was driving this afternoon on my way to my usual Friday prayers. All of a sudden I heard my phone beep. I saw that there was a voicemail waiting. I was expecting this friend to call me back. Anyways when I checked my voicemail, it was a call from attorney's office. What a pleasant surprise. The lady left a msg saying that they just received an interview notice from USCIS today so please call the office. I pulled over immediately and called the office in a heart beat. The secretary told me that my wife interview letter is here & she is scheduled for an interview on May 13th at around 8:30am. I couldn't believe my ears coz if you guys remember, when I had called USCIS customer service yesterday, I was told that the case is still pending & I need to be patient for another 6 months atleast. Good job USCIS. I also had a chance to speak to my attorney and he asked me to bring all the necessary documents for the interview & in the end he said...."See you there". I was like what do you mean, you will be there at the interview too? He said yes, I'll be there to join you guys. I was happy coz if you think about it you really can't beat the price. Paid him a total of $690 to file the case and plus he will show up to the interview as well. God is great.

I pray & wish for you all esp Jan filers. I ain't going anywhere btw. Will be here to check up on you guys as usual.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO.
Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 21st:)
INTERVIEW: May 13th @ 8:30am
:D

Congrates!!!!!

Hey All,

It is nice to see that most of us are on the right track of processing timeline. I have couple of questions regarding interview. Appointment letter for interview says that I l have to bring my husband’s birth certificate (petitioner), so my questions are -

1. Can I bring any other document that has birth date instead of birth certificate (e.g. driver's license, passport etc.)
2. If not, is a birth certificate in other language valid (my husband's certificate is in our native language, and not English)
3. If not, can I get it translated to English? If so, do I have to get it notarized here in US?

Hey All,

It is nice to see that most of us are on the right track of processing timeline. I have couple of questions regarding interview. Appointment letter for interview says that I l have to bring my husband’s birth certificate (petitioner), so my questions are -

1. Can I bring any other document that has birth date instead of birth certificate (e.g. driver's license, passport etc.)
2. If not, is a birth certificate in other language valid (my husband's certificate is in our native language, and not English)
3. If not, can I get it translated to English? If so, do I have to get it notarized here in US?

if they request birth cert, thats what you must bring, it must be translated and notarized i believe.