Any January filers out there?!?!

Can u please explain

Like I said, if it looks like you're approved, tell the IO that you plan on traveling bring the itinerary and if they don't offer the stamp, ask if they can stamp it for you.

I'm lost Canuck. You wrote....if they don't offer the stamp, ask if they can stamp it for you.....what do u mean by that?

Hey All,

It is nice to see that most of us are on the right track of processing timeline. I have couple of questions regarding interview. Appointment letter for interview says that I l have to bring my husband’s birth certificate (petitioner), so my questions are -

1. Can I bring any other document that has birth date instead of birth certificate (e.g. driver's license, passport etc.)
2. If not, is a birth certificate in other language valid (my husband's certificate is in our native language, and not English)
3. If not, can I get it translated to English? If so, do I have to get it notarized here in US?

You can Translate by yourself if you are fluent in both language.
You dont need to Notarized. After Translation put your name, date address and signature. that will do it...

Hey All,

It is nice to see that most of us are on the right track of processing timeline. I have couple of questions regarding interview. Appointment letter for interview says that I l have to bring my husband’s birth certificate (petitioner), so my questions are -

1. Can I bring any other document that has birth date instead of birth certificate (e.g. driver's license, passport etc.)
2. If not, is a birth certificate in other language valid (my husband's certificate is in our native language, and not English)
3. If not, can I get it translated to English? If so, do I have to get it notarized here in US?

I would have a friend or acquiantance to do that (somebody that does not have your last name) Just translate the document and make him/her sign it. Provide him/her a copy for the record. That is what I did it and USCIS accepted.

What's the possibility ?

As you all know that we have an interview coming up in the second week of May and we are pretty excited & looking fwd to our overseas trip hopefully this June. I was wondering God forbid what's the possibility of my wife's name getting stuck in name check. How does that workout with AOS process obtaining a GC? Keep in mind that I had applied I-130 for her back in 2004 and was approved last year in Sept.

Let me know what your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am

To be honest with you, I was looking up to you since everything was going pretty decent for you on timely manner. I am sure you will hear some good news anytime now. I hope you have been checking your mailbox regularly. Give me some good news soon ok, can't wait my firend :)

I know that sweetcitywife, Rose_W and mazam, js360, gn45, Feb08filer & others have been anxiously waiting for some movement in their case. Best wishes & prayers for you all.

Been checking everyday! I suspect that it will get here in the next couple of days because I am approaching the 60 day mark at which point they have to say something. All i have to do is keep waiting and checking the mail box!

Atlanta, from your timeline it doesn't seem like you applied for AP ? ( Form I-131 )
but I believe you can go apply at your DO for that - make infopass and bring ALLLLL your documents and receipts with you. well, call them first to ask.
cos that Advance Parole will allow your wife to travel regardless of namecheck or anything else that may possibly delay things - and we know God is with you, so no worries - believe, God has always looked out for you, no reason He should stop now. :)

AP issue

Atlanta, from your timeline it doesn't seem like you applied for AP ? ( Form I-131 )
but I believe you can go apply at your DO for that - make infopass and bring ALLLLL your documents and receipts with you. well, call them first to ask.
cos that Advance Parole will allow your wife to travel regardless of namecheck or anything else that may possibly delay things - and we know God is with you, so no worries - believe, God has always looked out for you, no reason He should stop now. :)

Yes, that's true. We never applied for my wife's AP and EAD card. I would prefer and feel more comfortable receiving a GC and then have her travel overseas. This is why we never cared for AP & EAD to begin with and went straight for GC. I was just wondering, with AOS process, what's the trend like? I mean getting stuck in the name check. How often does that happen esp when you have been issued IL already. Thanks

That I don't know ... I'm too new to the process. Perhaps Praetorian or Austracus will know.

I applied for all the possible things all at once. GC, EAD, AP - I want them all. Just for in case you know. Just look at Canuck, she didn't even have time to use that EAD card before it got destroyed in the interview ;) Now that is what I'm hoping for also, for all of us to have a journey like Canuck.

True

That I don't know ... I'm too new to the process. Perhaps Praetorian or Austracus will know.

I applied for all the possible things all at once. GC, EAD, AP - I want them all. Just for in case you know. Just look at Canuck, she didn't even have time to use that EAD card before it got destroyed in the interview ;) Now that is what I'm hoping for also, for all of us to have a journey like Canuck.

Yep, Canuck is a good example. I hope our journey is as smooth as hers. I wonder how is sweetcitywife & Rose_W doing? No news from them all day today.

Nothing new

Yep, Canuck is a good example. I hope our journey is as smooth as hers. I wonder how is sweetcitywife & Rose_W doing? No news from them all day today.

Hi Atlanta_Brother,

Thanks for your concern, but nothing is new here! Still waiting for the freaking FP. I have no idea what the hell they are doing!!!

I'm lost Canuck. You wrote....if they don't offer the stamp, ask if they can stamp it for you.....what do u mean by that?

Atlanta, so, say you're at the interview and the IO says you're approved and you'll receive your GC in the mail in 2 weeks and the IO makes no mention of stamping your passport. You can then bring up the fact that you have a trip that you've booked and is coming up soon and was hoping the IO could stamp your passport. Provide the proof of trip if necessary.

Make sense?

WOOHOO!! Got my GC in the mail! :) Wow, talk about a neat looking card. Loads of security features on it.

Came in just a white envelope with a PO box # from Lees Summit and my address. No indication that it was from any government on the envelope. :)

Just to clarify, I had only received my AP before the interview. They destroyed that at the interview because of my stamp. My EAD card came in the mail the next day and I destroyed it. :)

I pray for everyone's process to be as efficient as mine. :) And I'll be here to cheer everyone on!

Oh geez, Canuck I cannot even begin to think how awesome you must feel :)
Enjoy! and you should scan that card, you'll be amazed when you enlarge the image just HOW cool it is! I did that to my hubbies GC cos I was so amazed by it too.

That was quick

WOOHOO!! Got my GC in the mail! :) Wow, talk about a neat looking card. Loads of security features on it.

Came in just a white envelope with a PO box # from Lees Summit and my address. No indication that it was from any government on the envelope. :)

Congrats Canuck. I am very happy for you. I hope we all get done by May the latest. It must feel so nice to receive that GC in the mail today. I bet the feeling must be awesome.

Yes, thx for your note earlier. I get it. I will ask the IO to stamp the passport if he doesn't offer. I will definitely take a confirmed airline tkt to show him.

he guys

on the 19th i got an update saying "on the 19th we ordered production of your new card........" and then yesterday i got another update saying the same thing "on the 24th we ordered production on your card......." lol..i don't get it, why did they order it twice??.........:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

WOW!!!! thats greatttttt!!:D Congratulations, i know u happy:)