Any January filers out there?!?!

Canuck congrats....

Regarding my case, no update since I mailed the RFE.. :( still waiting...

Thanks everyone. :)

k@sh, regarding the duplicate notifications, this is totally normal. I receive 2 emails for my GC saying "card production ordered" and 2 emails for the same for my EAD.

What could be happening is that the card was ordered in the first update and the card was mailed in the second one? Who knows. Either way, perfectly normal. :)

gnr5, what was your DO again? Sorry if I've already asked, it's hard to keep track! I put my DO in my location in my control panel (CP) so people would know?

You know, based on what I've read, all the FL DO's are very slow. The slow ones seem to be NY, Seattle, Washington D.C. and all FL ones.

:(

Thanks everyone. :)

k@sh, regarding the duplicate notifications, this is totally normal. I receive 2 emails for my GC saying "card production ordered" and 2 emails for the same for my EAD.

Yea i thought the same thing:p ppl can't go off of these updates, they're not always right

You know, based on what I've read, all the FL DO's are very slow. The slow ones seem to be NY, Seattle, Washington D.C. and all FL ones.

:(

Yea, the FL DO tend to be slow, look at my time line. Though i am the only FL filer from what i can tell, so not sure how representative that is.

... had an Infopass today to corregt g325 form, Officer was nice, but told me to correct that on the interview in case my case is not sent to CA...

asked about EAD he said no answe on that yet case istil in NBC and i sould go back there on the last week of april to request a service order...

then he said that name check hasnt been cleared... and i ask how long does it takes? he says weeks, months... maybe years!

so i am freaking out kinda!

You could make an infopass which would be with the person who is handling your case. You could bring your photos. You just call their 1800 number to make the appointment.

Thanks a lot Canuck_in_Cali. I appreciate your help. I have made an infopass appointment for next week. But are you sure the person I will talk to at the infopass meeting will be able to get the pictures to my file(s) at the National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Project on it's last leg

Hi all,

I just came to know that my current project here in Boston may come to an abrupt end in the next few days. What if I don't have a project/job around the interview time in May. Will that be an issue for my wife's GC interview? Please advise.

Thanks.

Ok Guys...another update

Approval notice sent today for the EAD..i hope that means that they mailed the card:cool:

OK, good

They didn't ask my husband about his job or current employment status at our job.

Ok, I feel a little better now. I am sure every case is different & depending on the mood of the officer etc etc. I was just wondering if having a job is one of the main requirements to clear this marriage based GC interview.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd