Any January filers out there?!?!

Received the actual AP yesterday and I'm planning on using it tonight to visit my grandparents in TJ. Anybody used their AP on a land POE?

Oops, we are not waiting for approval for his return. We were told he can visit with his visa and he must show ties to his country at the airport when he comes this month or next.
thanks, sweetcity wife

assuming they allow him to enter the country with a pending i-130, if they do, you can file for AOS, that is if he is going to stay with you from them until he gets his greed card and he will not return to jordan. if he does that, after about 60 days of him being here, you can apply for AOS. it might end up being faster, otherwise currently he has to do consular processing, after the i-130 is approved, uscis will fwd i-130 to nvc (national visa center) they will determine if visa is available, he will be contacted for more info from us consulate closest to him, he will be interviewed, then if he passes, when he enters the US, his passport will be stamped. are you aware of the procedure, just cause of some of things you mention seems you may not completely understand how it works, see this link for full procedure of consular processing.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=dcf

I think if i did not have this thread to come and read everyday i would go crazy with this whole Immigration thing.

The way i see it there are 2 main possibility as to why i have not gotten any response from USCIS yet. Option #1 my DO (Tampa) had a labor strike by the USCIS employees demanding a $1/hours pay increase or they will not process my application or #2 they are backlogged alot and need us to kindly wait in an orderly manner. I am having a tough time deciding which is the right one, anyone out there have any thoughts? LOL! Is anyone else haveing the same problem? =D

My advice

Oops, we are not waiting for approval for his return. We were told he can visit with his visa and he must show ties to his country at the airport when he comes this month or next.
thanks, sweetcity wife

Hey sweetcitywife,

Hope you are doing good. I know you can't wait for your hubby's GC. Tell you what.....you need to have him come on his current visa and just stay here till he gets his GC. If that works out, nothing like it. I wouldn't go thru that National visa process and having him go thru that Consular Process from Jordan. What if after his interview, the embassy doesn't approve his visa right away and put his name on background check & that could take forever, who knows & esp if his name could raise any flags. Just a thought so I thought I'd share that with you :). See what other ppl think about this or have any other ideas or suggestions.

EAD approved

great news guys..........online status says EAD card production ordered........record time.....they had just received and aknowleged our response to the RFE yesterday.......so i guess sometimes the officers work for a change too :p my husband is gloating at the fact that he can change his job now.......:D

I might be wrong, but I don't think sweetcitywife has filed the I-485 for her hubby yet. Can't she file for him once he gets here? Perhaps he can stay while AOS is being processed? Or does she have to file I-130 and I-485 together again?

I might be wrong, but I don't think sweetcitywife has filed the I-485 for her hubby yet. Can't she file for him once he gets here? Perhaps he can stay while AOS is being processed? Or does she have to file I-130 and I-485 together again?

honestly, with a pending i130 i doubt they will let him enter the country.

great news guys..........online status says EAD card production ordered........record time.....they had just received and aknowleged our response to the RFE yesterday.......so i guess sometimes the officers work for a change too :p my husband is gloating at the fact that he can change his job now.......:D

Whoooohooooo!!!! You go Get 'em !!! Find yourself a super job and have a SUPREME stress-reduced life :)
What i'm looking forward to most is that we can have a normal life after EAD. No more "Not Allowed to work", no more "Have to do well in university", we can for a change just BE. work and enjoy our weekends. as I'm sure you're going to

Good luck

Feb08Filer,

Good luck with your FP apptt today.

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
Wait: Begins

That's great news! :) Congratulations!

Nothere2001, did they receive your RFE yet?

I'll answer that on his behalf. Yes USCIS had received Nothere2001's RFE. Actually it's been more than 2 weeks now.

ATL Brother is right, they have received and have updated my case but they have not said much more than that. It has been a little under 1 and 1/2 months. But at least i know they got it :D ! Just playing the waiting game.

You serious ?

I think if i did not have this thread to come and read everyday i would go crazy with this whole Immigration thing.

The way i see it there are 2 main possibility as to why i have not gotten any response from USCIS yet. Option #1 my DO (Tampa) had a labor strike by the USCIS employees demanding a $1/hours pay increase or they will not process my application or #2 they are backlogged alot and need us to kindly wait in an orderly manner. I am having a tough time deciding which is the right one, anyone out there have any thoughts? LOL! Is anyone else haveing the same problem? =D

Don't tell me that you're serious about Tampa DO going on strike and backlog thing. I am curious, let me know.

Atl Brother: LOL! HAHAHAHAHAH! I am just trying to be funny, but i do not think it worked if you have to ask me that LOL!

Nowhere, how long did they take to resume your case after they received the RFE? Look at my time line, just checked and no updates yet.

Thanks Atlanta,
it went so smooth ... in & out in 10 mins.
we have very relaxed people working in our FP office. I filed using my married name, so when I got there I didn't have my marriage licence with me. so the manager came out and went to look me up in the system so we could get on with it.
I was joking around with the FP officer a lot , and had a great experience.

Remember everybody to pretty up for teh FP. they take your GC & EAD picture at that appointment :)

Bad experience with customer service

Well, as I had decided to give USCIS a call this afternoon, I called them about an hour ago. My trick worked and my call was immediately escalated to the officer.

Actually I called twice. First time I called, it was around 3pm. This officer (male) was very rude and asked me to provide my wife's A #. I didn't have that handy as I only remember her 13 digit receipt number top of my head. He took that and said that he cannot tell you if the interview letter was generated or it has been mailed. I told him that while my N-400 was pending, you guys were able to tell me most upto date information. He said that yes for N-400 but not for AOS. I was about to tell him that the reason I called him is coz I am out of town and bla bla. He immediately stopped me rudely and said that if I interept him one more time, he will terminate the call. I asked him politely. "Sir you are saying that you will hang up on me". He said terminate not hang up. I then asked him...."Who I am speaking with". He really got pissed off and said I am terminating this call, bye bye....Call disconnected.

Second time when I called, I got some B***H. I could tell from her voice that she was going thru her monthly cycle and I bet it was her first day today. The way she reacted. First she goes, she needs to talk to my wife. Well, I made a conf call & brought my wife on the other line. She then asked her usual basic questions such as DOB, address, country of birth. She then tells me why have I called. It has been just 2 months. The process takes 6 months to a year.......BS. I am sure she was trying to minimize the call volume. She goes, her case is pending.....anything else.....have a good day.

This is what's going on. A friend of mine was telling me that we should not argue with these idiots. You never know, they could put some notes in the system and my case could be delayed for no good reason. I somehow don't buy that. These ppl are not the ones who can mess with our applications or manually put in the back burner so that it gets delayed. I am pretty frustrated. Just thought I'd share this with you guys.

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
Wait: Begins