Any January filers out there?!?!

Like I said, the IO may know that the interview date will be after April 15th. People have a choice to wait and file in April and then submit response to RFE or file early.

Hmmmm

Like I said, the IO may know that the interview date will be after April 15th. People have a choice to wait and file in April and then submit response to RFE or file early.

Canuck_in_Cali,

Regarding RFE, I was just looking at my RFE and it says that I need to submit all Federal income tax documentation submitted to IRS for the most recent tax year. Something to think about coz it doesn't specifically mentions 2006 or 2007 year. What do u say? Well, I had submitted, I mean my attorney had submitted the top cover page of 1040 but USCIS was looking for everything (all pages of 1040 including 1099 from my company). I have submitted 2006 tax returns and they have received it on March 5th according to the uscis online update. Now, does my wife has a good chance to get her interview before April 15th according to your earlier postings?

Well, you received your RFE a while ago, compared to a handful of people that just recently got their RFE.

I think USCIS knows what the earliest date available for interviews is. If they look at someone's case and see that their interview will before April 15th, maybe they don't ask for it. If it looks like the interview will be after, they do.

Of course, I don't know USCIS procedures with regards to this, but it's a reasonable hypothesis.

Atlantic, so yes, based on what I'm saying, I think it's reasonable that when your RFE was sent by USCIS the officer believed your interview could be before the filing deadline. :)

I hope so

Well, you received your RFE a while ago, compared to a handful of people that just recently got their RFE.

I think USCIS knows what the earliest date available for interviews is. If they look at someone's case and see that their interview will before April 15th, maybe they don't ask for it. If it looks like the interview will be after, they do.

Of course, I don't know USCIS procedures with regards to this, but it's a reasonable hypothesis.

Atlantic, so yes, based on what I'm saying, I think it's reasonable that when your RFE was sent by USCIS the officer believed your interview could be before the filing deadline. :)

I hope so too. Wife's FP were done on Feb 22nd and her RFE case was resumed on March 5th. I am hoping & praying the she gets her GC approved before April 15th so I can get her SSN and claim her as my wife on my tax return. So far I have not included her on my tax paperwork. Just "Head of household" with 2 kids. Wanted to wait till she gets her GC & SSN straightened out.

Hey guys the 2007 tax thing was my fault, It was a miss type it was suppose to be 2006 hehe, sorry for the confusion. =)

Guys,

Just wanted to express my impatience, I got a RFE, sent back and no updates still.... =(

Guys,

Just wanted to express my impatience, I got a RFE, sent back and no updates still.... =(

I understand your pain. Ok, how about we give USCIS till end of the week & take it from there. I would also encourage you to call USCIS on Fri afternoon, talk to the officer just to double check, may be it's shows in his system that your RFE was received & your case has been resumed.

Rfe!

gnr5, I agree with Atlanta_Brother. Just give them few more days and if nothing happens then give them a call. Your case can't be worse than mine, almost 3 months after applying and still no FP notice! Just be patient!

Guys,

gnr5, I agree with the others. Personally, I'd give it 2 weeks from the day the USCIS receive the package to see a "resumed case" message.

angela1p, excellent news! Congratulations!

Rose_uw, I'm sorry. :( From what I've read the Washington D.C. and Seattle DOs are both awful. I guess you'll have to be more patient than the rest of us. :p But our thoughts and prayers are with you!

3 months or 2

gnr5, I agree with Atlanta_Brother. Just give them few more days and if nothing happens then give them a call. Your case can't be worse than mine, almost 3 months after applying and still no FP notice! Just be patient!

Rose_uw,

It feels like 3 months since you've applied but technically it hasn't even been 2 months dear ;). Ok, joke aside, I don't want to hurt you but definitely make it a point to talk to the officer on Friday if there is no update on your FP, alrite.

God bless & take care.

Just an update, I received my EAD today. Funny thing is that I also received an email stating that it was mailed out today.

Good news JAN08FILER. Now you have only one step (the interview) left.

Atlanta_Brother, yeah it has been less than 2 months and not 3 but believe me it feels way more than 3 months!!!
Thanks for all of your guys wishes and thoughts!

Thanks all. Yeah, it looks like the interview is the last step. My lawyer wants me to come in for a briefing next week, and he is also going to accompany us to the interview.

So far, we have the following items to bring to the interview:

1. Drivers Licenses with our current address
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Health Insurance Cards with both our names on it
4. Insurance for our wedding rings and engagement ring with both of our names on it
5. Auto Insurance Cards with the same policy number on it
6. Lease for our apartment
7. Wedding photos, as well as various photos of us since 1996, including us in her brother's wedding (we've been together for 12 years)
8. Credit card bills
9. Bank statement for joint checking account
10. Cell phone bill with shared family account
11. My wife's birth certificate and US Passport for her proof of citizenship

Of course I have my I-94, my old passport w/ visa and a current passport to bring.

My brother is my landlord so all utilities are under his name.

I'm pretty sure we still need to bring our last couple of paychecks, as well as a current employment letter. She also switched jobs after we filed in January. I'm not sure if our accountant will have our 2007 tax return ready by then, but I did keep a copy of our W2s from 2007.

FYI we got married in town hall in January, with only our friends present, no family. We did visit her family later that month and we took photos of us with them in our wedding outfits in some beautiful scenery in their retirement community. We are having our big wedding 5 days after the interview :( I wasn't expecting the interview to be so soon.

Someone also suggested to bring all the receipts for our upcoming big wedding, such as florist, hall, photographer, limo, videographer, etc. as well as invitations, RSVPs.

Is there anything else that I should bring?

Last edited by a moderator: