Any January filers out there?!?!

Rfe

for gnr5 and Atlanta brother....what was your RFE about??? did you consult a lawyer before replying??and why would they wait 21/2 months before sending RFE

I have an attorney who had filed this whole adjustment of status for my wife. Somehow, he thought that by just sending the front page of last year tax return (1040) it would be enough. He was wrong. USCIS not only wanted to see the whole 1040 return from 2006 (all pages) along with my 1099 earning statement from my employer as well. I went ahead and send them back on 2/29. USCIS received it 3/3 and it was later updated online on 3/5 saying that they have received the requested RFE from me and my case has been resumed. My wife's priority date is Jan 19th. This RFE was mailed out on Feb 7th by USCIS. They waited little over 2 weeks before generating this RFE not 2 & a half months as you've mentioned. Plus I don't think we lost too much time coz her FP were scheduled for Feb 22nd. We took care of that and when I called USCIS on the 27th, those FP were already in the system. Now keeping in mind that USCIS has received RFE from us & the case has been resumed as of March 5th, it's just the matter of waiting for the IL. Don't know how long will it take from this point onwards. If anyone has an idea or an estimate, please do let me know. Nothere2001 is also in the same boat, waiting for the IL.
Thanks.

for gnr5 and Atlanta brother....what was your RFE about??? did you consult a lawyer before replying??and why would they wait 21/2 months before sending RFE

CMA,

I got a RFE because I sent my co-sponsor's front page of the tax return. I got a letter from USCIS, and handwritten on the bottom said "The service needs Schedule C and Schedule E for your sponsor's 2006 or 2007 tax return"

I sent Schedule C and E AS WELL AS the rest of the tax return package just in case they needed more proof.

Check my signature to see when i received and sent everything back. If Atlanta's case resumed within two days after they received the RFE, I'm crossing my fingers to get mine resumed by tomorrow.

Regarding RFE

CMA,

I got a RFE because I sent my co-sponsor's front page of the tax return. I got a letter from USCIS, and handwritten on the bottom said "The service needs Schedule C and Schedule E for your sponsor's 2006 or 2007 tax return"

I sent Schedule C and E AS WELL AS the rest of the tax return package just in case they needed more proof.

Check my signature to see when i received and sent everything back. If Atlanta's case resumed within two days after they received the RFE, I'm crossing my fingers to get mine resumed by tomorrow.

gnr5,

Good that you sent USCIS everything that they were looking for. How did you sent the envelope to USCIS? Did you just use first class regular mail or paid extra and used certified mail to confirm if they received your RFE in MO at their end?

gnr5,

Good that you sent USCIS everything that they were looking for. How did you sent the envelope to USCIS? Did you just use first class regular mail or paid extra and used certified mail to confirm if they received your RFE in MO at their end?

To be honest, don't know the envelope used because my wife sent it yesterday morning and I wasn't with her. However she used express mail and that uses a tracking system. Just checked this morning and it was delivered.

Your item was delivered at 4:03 PM on March 12, 2008 in LEES SUMMIT, MO 64002 to HOMELAND SECURITY . The item was signed for by S SIEGEL.

To be honest, don't know the envelope used because my wife sent it yesterday morning and I wasn't with her. However she used express mail and that uses a tracking system. Just checked this morning and it was delivered.

Your item was delivered at 4:03 PM on March 12, 2008 in LEES SUMMIT, MO 64002 to HOMELAND SECURITY . The item was signed for by S SIEGEL.

Smart wife. I am glad she used some kind of tracking method to get the envelope delivered to them. Since it was delivered yesterday, check online status first thing tomorrow morning. If you don't see any update, don't be disappointed & keep your hopes high. Hopefully by next Thursday, it should be updated by saying:

On March XX, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location

On March XX, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing having this note means the case as resumed right?

Canuck_in_Cali

Huge Congratulations to you & your husband.:)

Thanks also for sharing your interview experience, sounds like it went really smoothly.

Gateway29 and gnr5, thanks very much. :)

The sushi was amazing! I'm from Vancouver, B.C., and I didn't realize how spoiled I was with regards to sushi. Being on the coast and having a strong Asian population = amazing sushi.

We went to this new place down the road and it was really, really good. :) It was a great way to celebrate. :)

Gateway29 and gnr5, thanks very much. :)

The sushi was amazing! I'm from Vancouver, B.C., and I didn't realize how spoiled I was with regards to sushi. Being on the coast and having a strong Asian population = amazing sushi.

We went to this new place down the road and it was really, really good. :) It was a great way to celebrate. :)

me and my wife are originally both from BC too, i hope her GC process is as fast as yours. i dunno but i read that canadians usually take longer. GUESS NOT!!!!!

got the RFE today....strange request

Received the RFE today.......in 4 days after being updated online....record time....hhhmmmmm........its on a yellow paper(in the past i have seen rfe's on a pink paper only).the column that is ticked is

Your form I-765 "number 16"is.....
****(c)(9) or (c)(24)Submit evidence that you have a pending form I-485,Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust status.evidence may include:Form I-797 Receipt notice;a paid cash register receipt or ticket showing the fee for your I-485 received by the service;or an interview notice from the Local Service.

what the hell is this....how can they not have this info.......they are talking about family based application, right? ......also they have already sent us the approval of the advance parole......

So should we send the 797 receipt notice for I-485 family based that we just mailed 21/2 months back or the one that he filed in August last year thru his company???or both??

EAD card not received in 90 days. Advice needed.

Guys, This looks like an active thread, so putting my info to get suggestions/advice. My wife's RD for I-485, I-765, I-131 is 12/22/07. Last updated on 1/15/08 (the day she was fingerprinted). Haven't heard anything yet. They should process the I-765 (EAD card) within 90 days, but seems like this is not happening in our case. Any suggestions/ideas what we should do here?
D.O. Los Angeles
12/19/07: Mailed I-485/I-765/I-131/I-693 via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
12/20/07: Package was delivered
12/26/07: Check was cashed. I see MSCxxxxxxx on the back of the cleared check.
12/28/07: Received 3 Receipt Notices for 485/765/131 (RD=12/20/07, ND=12/22/07)
1/7/08: Now able to view I-765 and I-131 online (LUD=1/4/08). Still can't see I-485 online.
1/8/08: Received NOA for fingerprint appointment code 3. Appointment set for 1/15/08.
1/15/08: Submitted FP at local office (10 print+picture taken)
1/16/08: Able to view I-485 online as well. LUD: I-485=1/15/08, I-765=1/15/08, I-131=1/4/08

Received the RFE today.......in 4 days after being updated online....record time....hhhmmmmm........its on a yellow paper(in the past i have seen rfe's on a pink paper only).the column that is ticked is

Your form I-765 "number 16"is.....
****(c)(9) or (c)(24)Submit evidence that you have a pending form I-485,Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust status.evidence may include:Form I-797 Receipt notice;a paid cash register receipt or ticket showing the fee for your I-485 received by the service;or an interview notice from the Local Service.

what the hell is this....how can they not have this info.......they are talking about family based application, right? ......also they have already sent us the approval of the advance parole......

So should we send the 797 receipt notice for I-485 family based that we just mailed 21/2 months back or the one that he filed in August last year thru his company???or both??

Wow, that's frustrating. I would send in a copy of your I797 for I-485 and a copy of the cheque or money order you used to pay for it. I would send it certified USPS or Fedex, personally, and respond ASAP to get your case going again.

mt100, I would definitely call their 1-800 number. I don't know if I would recommend doing an infopass or not, because, technically, you're still within the processing dates. I don't think it would hurt to go and talk to someone, though....

Let us know what you do.

I wonder if they're going to ask for our 2007 tax return document on our April 8th interview. We just sent our W2s, 1099s, etc. to our accountant, and he probably won't be sending us the finished paperwork until the 10th or so of April. I did keep a copy of our W2s in hand... will that be enough?

Tax Return for 2007

I wonder if they're going to ask for our 2007 tax return document on our April 8th interview. We just sent our W2s, 1099s, etc. to our accountant, and he probably won't be sending us the finished paperwork until the 10th or so of April. I did keep a copy of our W2s in hand... will that be enough?

JAN08FILER,

Let me point something out to you. The last date to file taxes is April 15th and this is not for this year. This is a fix date and applies to every year. You mentioned that your interview is on April 8th. That still gives you a week to file taxes, isn't it. If you filed your taxes for 2007 by April 8th, you can show your taxes otherwise the officer can't force you to show your 2007 tax return. Yes, smart thing to do is to take your W2 with you.

JAN08FILER,

Let me point something out to you. The last date to file taxes is April 15th and this is not for this year. This is a fix date and applies to every year. You mentioned that your interview is on April 8th. That still gives you a week to file taxes, isn't it. If you filed your taxes for 2007 by April 8th, you can show your taxes otherwise the officer can't force you to show your 2007 tax return. Yes, smart thing to do is to take your W2 with you.

Thta's true, i recently got a RFE asking for taxes and it clearly stated, please return a copy of 2006 OR 2007.

So you should be fine.

Ok thanks, just curious because someone in the February filer thread got an RFE which was asking for a 2007 return.

Jan08filer, I saw that.... the only thing I can think is that the IO knows that that person's interview date will likely be after the filing deadline.

Yeah, but at this point they don't need to file until the deadline which hasn't passed yet, and the process is halted until they send their return. It doesn't make sense.