Any January filers out there?!?!

Hi Guys,
on date 03/12/2008 AP was approved and USCIS mailed to me.
But till date I havent received it. How long it should take.
I guess 5-6 days is enough. I am thinking of calling USCIS.? OR i should wait.
What is ur suggestions.

Give it another few more days

Hi Guys,
on date 03/12/2008 AP was approved and USCIS mailed to me.
But till date I havent received it. How long it should take.
I guess 5-6 days is enough. I am thinking of calling USCIS.? OR i should wait.
What is ur suggestions.

I would wait until Saturday & you should get it in the mail. If you don't get it till Saturday, defintely expect to get it by mid of next week. My RFE was mailed by USCIS on Feb 7th and my attorney told me that he received it in his office on the Feb 19th. Now you do the math.:)

2 out of 5 times i call the 1800 i do get some really awesome people that helps alot and are very polite...

I called 800 number regarding my case because it has been a while and no updates regarding the RFE.

The guy took all my information down and said that he was going to fwd that note to the NBC and that I should receive an update before April 23rd.

Hope this works... i'm worried this will actually make my application slower.

Good news, finally our journey will be over

I cannot believe this. Let me share this news with you all.

While I was driving this afternoon on my way to my usual Friday prayers. All of a sudden I heard my phone beep. I saw that there was a voicemail waiting. I was expecting this friend to call me back. Anyways when I checked my voicemail, it was a call from attorney's office. What a pleasant surprise. The lady left a msg saying that they just received an interview notice from USCIS today so please call the office. I pulled over immediately and called the office in a heart beat. The secretary told me that my wife interview letter is here & she is scheduled for an interview on May 13th at around 8:30am. I couldn't believe my ears coz if you guys remember, when I had called USCIS customer service yesterday, I was told that the case is still pending & I need to be patient for another 6 months atleast. Good job USCIS. I also had a chance to speak to my attorney and he asked me to bring all the necessary documents for the interview & in the end he said...."See you there". I was like what do you mean, you will be there at the interview too? He said yes, I'll be there to join you guys. I was happy coz if you think about it you really can't beat the price. Paid him a total of $690 to file the case and plus he will show up to the interview as well. God is great.

I pray & wish for you all esp Jan filers. I ain't going anywhere btw. Will be here to check up on you guys as usual.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO.
Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 21st:)
INTERVIEW: May 13th @ 8:30am
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great news Atlanta_Brother. I'm so happy for you. I guess no more waiting for you guys and I'm sure the interview will go smoothly and your wife will get her GC soon after.
Good Luck

What's your update ?

That's great news Atlanta_Brother. I'm so happy for you. I guess no more waiting for you guys and I'm sure the interview will go smoothly and your wife will get her GC soon after.
Good Luck

Rose,

Thank you for the wishes. What's the update regarding your FP? Did you get to speak to the officer in cust service. This is ridiculous. What about making infopass apptt. I am very concerned. Keep us posted.

ATL great news!!! We are praying for you!!! I keep praying for them to update my case i'm getting anxious already about 1 week and half and no update regarding my RFE!

Rfe

ATL great news!!! We are praying for you!!! I keep praying for them to update my case i'm getting anxious already about 1 week and half and no update regarding my RFE!

gnr5,

Have you called USCIS to atleast find out if they have received RFE at their end. Keep in mind that you cannot rely and depend on this USCIS online case status thing. Mine still says that the case has been resumed after they recieved RFE and will notify once they make a decision. There is no online update and no e-mail from USCIS regarding the interview :mad:

At-lan-ta, At-lan-ta, At-lan-ta, At-lan-ta, **you know, like at big sports event chanting**
I am dancing for your joy, SUPER happy dance for you A.Brother!!!!!

You should celebrate indeed!