Any January filers out there?!?!

Hey Meek1234, Welcome aboard the USCIS Express!

We are glad to have you in our thread and thanks for sharing your information. Hopefully our old post have helped you a little =).

Sorry about that Meek1234 i did remember that you had already been here before and had posted some of your dates =)

Anyways i am glade that you submitted the packet. Isn't the best feeling in the world to know that you never have to look at that thing again... I still have nightmares about filling out that thing. TOOK WAY TO LONG!

Last edited by a moderator:
i will be joining soon, hopefully before feb, medical is scheduled for next mon, but it looks more i will be the first feb filer, i will just be sending i-485 with a receipt of my pending i-130 since i just became a USC

Nothere2001, Yor r correct my friend. It's like thank god it is done(filling of all forms). now waiting time bigins right here...
At this foroum, you can get all info. you want.
It seems all JAN filiers r riding on horse...........

Nothere2001, Yor r correct my friend. It's like thank god it is done(filling of all forms). now waiting time bigins right here...

When i shipped that thing i had a little party with my Wife! We must have spent about 15-20 hours total on the forms. We went to lawyers, and spend time filling the form our selfs, and had people review them. By the time i shipped it i did not even care anymore! i was very close to say forget this i am moving to Canada LOL hahahahaha

The good thing is that after you mail it your basically done because there is nothing else you can do besides wait.

i will be joining soon, hopefully before feb, medical is scheduled for next mon, but it looks more i will be the first feb filer, i will just be sending i-485 with a receipt of my pending i-130 since i just became a USC

Welcome JS360 glade to see we have more people hopefuly we can help you and you can help us =)

Congratz on become a Citizen by the way!

This thread is turn out better then i though! If things keep going this way, by the time our interviews come around we are going to be in good shape. We are going to have a lot of people that are going to be able to give first hand testimonies of what immigration expects us to bring versus what they "told" us to bring.

Seems that USCIS ran out of horses. My NOA is coming by donkey!, but it will come! LOL . Welcome aboard meek1234!! and dont worry! I know they will use a horse for your applications! :)

Seriously, they are getting in shape again. Just compared wiht the july fillers. The waited like a month or more just to get their check cashed!

Davidm992/Nothere2001.
Here is update of my case.
Well Thanks for leting us know that they recovering in shape. I wish for every one that nobody has to wait long and Interview also will go smothlty....

Another one, right here !

I got my citizenship on Jan 8th. Filled out wife's paperwork that included I-130 approval notice (since I had filed for her back in Feb 2004), I-485, I-864 and form G-325. Here is the timeline:

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 1/16/08
Receipt Notice: ??
FP: ??
Interview: ??

Does anybody know how long will it take for this adjustment of status process ? The reason I ask this again because I was going thru USCIS website today and it really scared me. The website says that due to back log, the timeline for adjustment of status is 9-12 months. Is that true, any comments?

Thank you.

I got my citizenship on Jan 8th. Filled out wife's paperwork that included I-130 approval notice (since I had filed for her back in Feb 2004), I-485, I-864 and form G-325. Here is the timeline:

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 1/16/08
Receipt Notice: ??
FP: ??
Interview: ??

Does anybody know how long will it take for this adjustment of status process ? The reason I ask this again because I was going thru USCIS website today and it really scared me. The website says that due to back log, the timeline for adjustment of status is 9-12 months. Is that true, any comments?

Thank you.

Hey there ATL-Brother!

The only crediable inforamtion i have seen on the subject came from the Link on this post. (worth the read for everyone)

Maybe the last slide in this presentation explains it ... look at the steep drop in receipts from last quarter of 2007 to beginning of 2008. They said the AOS receipt delays were resolved in November and they are now attacking I-130 receipt delays. The presentation is pretty interesting, how they try to spin a DOS/USCIS disaster into a good thing.

USCIS is saying one thing but if you look at the time line of the people in this thread you will see something different. When you look at our time lines you will see that we are moving VERY fast, most of us here have had our FP notice before the 20 day mark. So i am not sure what to make of it. Perhapses the bottle neck will be at the Interview date but from what we have seen things are going at break neck speed despite last years disaster.

If you find anything on the subject let us know and post a link to the information because this affects all of us! =)

Hope this helps

Hey All,

I sent my packets last week. Haven't heard from the USCIS yet. Hopefully, they have not lost the steam yet :).

BAH! I just hit a snag! I received a RFE so i am going to be slowed down for a little bit. Hopefully i can get this stuff tonight and over night them the information. I am sure if i do it quickly it will not slow down my process(i hope =D ).

No worries though, i am sure everything is going to be ok!!

Nothere2001,
If you feel comfortable can you share subject fo "RFE". Otherwise fine.
good luck, hope every thing worked well for you.

On form I-864 they said i was missing information. I think it was because i forgot to attach my wifes w-2s or my Co-Spon.'s letter of employment. I am not sure which it was but i am going to send both just to make sure. The lawyer said it was nothing big and that it will not slow me down as long as i send it quickly. Simple mistakes (after 47 pages of stuff you bound to forget something) =)

On top of that, that RFE means that your somebody is taking care of your folder! and it is not forgotten! Like you said, act as fast as you can, then eveything will go as normal as it started!