Any January filers out there?!?!

Maybe the last slide in this presentation explains it ... look at the steep drop in receipts from last quarter of 2007 to beginning of 2008. They said the AOS receipt delays were resolved in November and they are now attacking I-130 receipt delays. The presentation is pretty interesting, how they try to spin a DOS/USCIS disaster into a good thing.

WOW that was a really informative PDF! Thanks for the post, i have never seen such a comprehensive answer to the impact of the application surge. And the fact that it came from the USCIS makes it even better!

THANKS ALOT!!

If anyone has not read it, you should. It is only 9 pages worth the read.

I wander what type of impact that is going to have on our application guys? Do you really think they are going to take 1 year to handle our application? What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot Woot Just got my FP notice!

With all this talk about the slow down in processing time, i am really surprised at the speed that us Jan. filer are getting processed.

Anyone else get there FP Notice?

I Found this website which seems to have some Information regarding time lines for various immigration offices but there data looks a bite old.
www.visajourney.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot Woot Just got my FP notice!

With all this talk about the slow down in processing time, i am really surprised at the speed that us Jan. filer are getting processed.

Anyone else get there FP Notice?

I Found this website which seems to have some Information regarding time lines for various immigration offices but there data looks a bite old.
www.visajourney.com

Awwww that's greatt!!! you are flying wiht your case. I am glad to hear that!!

Hey I did get my FP Appt. Notice today in the evening. :D
I am so hoping and praying (and believing) that they keep this pace till we have our final GC in hand :D

Congrtz on your notice Sharina_Singh WOOT WOOT! BTW i love the verse you put on your signature, one of my favorite verses.

Gratz to you to also on getting your NOA to Gateway29!

Man we are moving really fast through this! All we are missing now if for davidm992 to get his and we are all moving there! Hang in there davidm992 i am sure it coming!

Hey I did get my FP Appt. Notice today in the evening. :D
I am so hoping and praying (and believing) that they keep this pace till we have our final GC in hand :D

Hi Sharina
congrats......... can see jan filer has very disciplined response from USCIS. I wish all other.especially the people who are affected by July 2007 situation, should get proper progress sooner

Thanks Nothere and Dakazn. Congrats to you too Nothere for your FP notice and Gateway for ur NOA's.
This is one of my very favourite verses too. Fills you with so much hope. :)
Hey I have a question. Can I go to my DO before the date written on my Notice, on a more convenient date and get a walk-in FP. I have read people talking about doing that in lots of places. Do I need to call them first?
Thanks.

Congrtz on your notice Sharina_Singh WOOT WOOT! BTW i love the verse you put on your signature, one of my favorite verses.

Gratz to you to also on getting your NOA to Gateway29!

Man we are moving really fast through this! All we are missing now if for davidm992 to get his and we are all moving there! Hang in there davidm992 i am sure it coming!

You are a really nice host!! thanks for your support. I hope this week I can update my case with "Received NOA" like you guys!! I am glad eveyone here is very concern about the other's cases :)

Thanks Nothere and Dakazn. Congrats to you too Nothere for your FP notice and Gateway for ur NOA's.
This is one of my very favourite verses too. Fills you with so much hope. :)
Hey I have a question. Can I go to my DO before the date written on my Notice, on a more convenient date and get a walk-in FP. I have read people talking about doing that in lots of places. Do I need to call them first?
Thanks.

From what i have heard all you have to do is go to the office early but it is up to them if they will let you in or not. It would help your cause if you have a good reason for going early and maybe evidence to support your request. At the same time though it is up to the person at the door, if he feels like letting you in, then he can. On the same token if he does not feel like letting you in then he will tell you to reschedule.

Anyone out there know if going early actually speeds up the application process? I am not sure if it does but i wanted to see what you guys thought.

They still have not posted my Information online =/ anyone else out there had any results adding there case to their USCIS account?

I wdnt think that getting the Biometrics taken before the apppointed date can speed up the application process. From what I have observed, I feel that there is always a long gap of wait after Biometrics.
Its just not the right date and time for me! :( I wish I cld do it sometime before that.

I wdnt think that getting the Biometrics taken before the apppointed date can speed up the application process. From what I have observed, I feel that there is always a long gap of wait after Biometrics.
Its just not the right date and time for me! :( I wish I cld do it sometime before that.

Hi Sharina
I went for my biometric on 17th Jan..........in the office they have clear notice of NO WALK IN APPT available and the the receptionist returned the 2-3 people ahead of me who were trying to do that. Even they didn't let us entered before 30 mins of my appointment time.
I believe if somebody get early FP done....it might help them in getting EAD card early.

Thanks alot Dakazn. :) I really appreciate your reply.
I guess I'm gonna wait till my appointment date! My DO is like 2 hours drive from here and it would only waste a trip it seems.
:)

Anyone have an idea how long does it take to get your Employment Athoriz. Card and Travel permit from the date that you file?

I know the interview tends to happen 90 days after you file.