Any January filers out there?!?!

Hey Guys!

Glade to see that there will be a few of us in this thread to help each other out!

They just cashed my checks but i still have not received my NOA... weird. They seem to have cashed them really fast.

You should receive NOAs soon.

WOOT! I got my NOA! If they keep moving at this speed we will get our greencard by the end of next month HAHAHA!

I think we are up to about 5 people now posting there time lines. This should give us a really good idea of what is going to be normal for us Jan. filers. Thanks to everyone for going the extra mile and setting up your signatures it has really helped me out =)

The way things are going you should get your NOA in about 1 week from the day you sent the package, that seems to be the trend this month. I know you did not ask but i thought i would save you the trouble of reading all the post and doing the math. :D

The way things are going you should get your NOA in about 1 week from the day you sent the package, that seems to be the trend this month. I know you did not ask but i thought i would save you the trouble of reading all the post and doing the math. :D

Thanks 2001.

I know by NOA you mean a reciept confirming the received package, but what does NOA stand for?

I know there's a glossary somewhere here but I don't remember where it is.:eek:

Hey colleagues!

The cashier's check for $1010.00 was paid on 01-15-08. It seems checks are being cashed in matter of days. One thing I can conclude. They want our money so bad! lol!

I will keep you posted for any news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Case online

I got my NOA and I tried to see if they added my case online on the USCIS website but it isnt thr it seems. Can anyone tell me if its normal??? :confused:

I got my NOA and I tried to see if they added my case online on the USCIS website but it isnt thr it seems. Can anyone tell me if its normal??? :confused:

Hey Sharina,

What website did you go to to check if your case was added online? :confused: I will check and let you know if they added my information. From what i read though, the Online information is almost always out dated.

Hey colleagues!

The cashier's check for $1010.00 was paid on 01-15-08. It seems checks are being cashed in matter of days. One thing I can conclude. They want our money so bad! lol!

I will keep you posted for any news!

You got that right! If they processed out information as fast as they cashed our checks we would be US Citizens in 2 weeks LOL!!! :p

Hey Nothere, :)

This is the site https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Do let me know! ATB! :D

That's the right website. There are two options to check the status online. One is "Case status Search" option, and the other is creating an account then put your receipt number in your portfolio. Try to do both. If that doesn't work, try to call the customer service number wich they have an automatic status service typing your case number over the phone. With that you will know if is a problem "on line" or a problem with your receipt number. In the worst case, that not even the automatic phone service could recognize your receipt number remain on the line then talk to a representative. But try to get it solve, or at least making sure everything is ok with your #.

Thanks for the information guys!

I created an account but my Cases have not been added yet so i cant search for them or add them to my profile. They must not have gotten to priority date yet for adding the information online. I will try calling later on this afternoon and let you guys know what they say.

Just to make sure there are not many steps left after you subbmite the information right. All we have to do is the following right?

1. Get NOA
2. Get FP Notice
3. Get FP done
4. Interview
5. Wait for GC :D :D

Thanks for the information guys!

I created an account but my Cases have not been added yet so i cant search for them or add them to my profile. They must not have gotten to priority date yet for adding the information online. I will try calling later on this afternoon and let you guys know what they say.

Just to make sure there are not many steps left after you subbmite the information right. All we have to do is the following right?

1. Get NOA
2. Get FP Notice
3. Get FP done
4. Interview
5. Wait for GC :D :D

It seems that in order for the applications to appear online it takes a couple of days.

Get your greencard in 5 steps! It is pretty much the whole idea and the path to follow. However, in my case it will be different than yours. The reason is that I have a political asylum case pending on court. Basically, I sent the I-485 to Texas service center to Pay the fee, and to get the fingerprinting notice. At this time, my attorney sent a motion with the original I-485 with all its supplements to the court in order to schedule an individual hearing in order to adjust status at the court. It means, Texas Servise center will not schedule me for an interview. By this time they already know I am in court proceedings. My final court hearing will depend of the Judge's agenda. That's the response I am waiting for too.

However, after getting the I-485 receipt, I will mail the I-765 application based on the I-485 application. I dont know if is going to be approved. because I am in proceedings. Anyway, the fee was included in the $1,010, so I will give it a try!.

Wow, sorry to hear that you had to jump through so many hoops :/ ... but at least you have a chance to stay, which is better then just waiting for congress to do something :).

I am amazed that things are moving this fast for us Jan. filers?!? When i looked at Dec. and Nov. threads things seem to move a lot slower (not that i mind though). I hope they keep this up LOL!

Maybe the last slide in this presentation explains it ... look at the steep drop in receipts from last quarter of 2007 to beginning of 2008. They said the AOS receipt delays were resolved in November and they are now attacking I-130 receipt delays. The presentation is pretty interesting, how they try to spin a DOS/USCIS disaster into a good thing.